Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: My worst case scenario picks 1-5 mock... « previous next »
Page: 1

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
: April 26, 2007, 10:54:54 AM

I think we all know the Bucs want CJ and barring something drastic happening, either CJ or JT is going to be there and that will be our pick. There is a worst case scenario that could happen, and if that does, I actually kind of like the possibilities.

With the first pick, I think we all think the Raiders have to go with Russell or Quinn...most likely Russell. It's too late right now for them to try and get a good QB through free agency. Culpepper won't become available until at least after the draft (if the Green trade goes through). I just don't see how the Raiders (who have a major hole at QB) can pass on one. So...

With the first pick in the 2007 entry draft, the Oakland Raiders select Jamarcus Russell.

Now for the second pick. Part of me thinks it's a smoke screen with all this talk of the Lions taking CJ, but it just makes sense. Yes they have a couple of good receivers now and o-line and QB might be needs, but CJ is the #1 player on most boards. It's a good value pick and they might be able to deal him. If they do pick him and can't trade him, then worst case they have a great WR to finally the the 3 WRs they want. So...

With the second pick, the Detroit Lions select Calvin Johnson...or someone like Atlanta or Washington will find a way to get up here and take him anyway.

Now comes the third pick. Cleveland wants either Adrian Peterson or Brady Quinn. Arizona wants Joe Thomas. If Cleveland trades with Arizona, one of those two guys will be there. I think that trade goes down. All it would cost is a 2nd round pick from Arizona. So, they can make the swap and...

With the third pick, the Arizona Cardinals select Joe Thomas.

Now you have the Bucs sitting at #4. The top guy on their board is going to be Gaines Adams followed probably by Amobi Okoye. The Bucs can either sit there and take Adams, but I think at this point, someone might want to jump up for either Quinn or Peterson. Minnesota is going to be sitting at #7, but Houston would love to get their hands on Peterson. Also, Miami sitting at #9 could also make a play for Quinn. Teams will know that Cleveland is going to take one of those guys at #5 so if someone wants one of them, they are going to have to get in front of them. So I think the Bucs could drop back to either 7 or 9 and still land Okoye.

Most likely whoever trades up with us will take Quinn or Russell. Cleveland would then take the other of that duo with the 5th pick. Washington at 6 could take Okoye , Anderson, or Landry. Either way, if the Bucs traded with Minnesota they would be guaranteed of landing either Okoye or Landry.

If they drop down to 9, then Minnesota has it's worst case scenario. They would probably take someone like Ginn Jr. or Jamaal Anderson. I think Atlanta is a lock for Levi Brown or Landry, and then the Bucs would be sitting at 9. The Bucs would still have a shot to get either Okoye or Landry, but even if they were gone, Alan Branch and Adam Carricker would still be an option.

If this scenario does happen and we trade with Minnesota, the Bucs will surely land Okoye or Landry. If they trade with Miami, then they might still get them, but more than likely it would be someone like Branch or Carricker. In the first scenario, we'd get an extra 3rd round pick from Minnesota (or maybe swap their 2nd rounder for our 3rd rounder...that's only off by about 40 pts on the draft chart as compared to 65 if we just get their 3rd round pick). If we trade with Miami, we'd get an extra 2nd round pick.

Let's say (just to make this easier) that the Bucs end up with either Okoye with a trade with Minnesota or Branch with a trade with Miami. Either way, the Bucs get a nice DT. The Bucs could then do the following with their picks in rounds 2-5.

VIKINGS TRADE:

1: DT Amobi Okoye
2a: C Ryan Kalil (if he is gone then move the Spencer pick here and take Beekman with our second pick so we still get a good DE and C)
2b: DE Anthony Spencer or Lamaar Woodley if Spencer is gone (pick aquired from trade with Minnesota)
2c: S Aaron Rouse (pick aquired from trade of McFarland to the Colts)
4: DT Marcus Thomas (this pick is wide open at this point...you could see a RB like Booker or Jackson, or even a FB like McClain if someone slips, but Thomas adds more depth at DT)
5: KR/WR Yamon Figurs (he also might be an option in round 4 because he is moving up on many boards)

DOLPHINS TRADE:

1: DT Alan Branch
2a: C Ryan Kalil (or if he is gone, you take Spencer and draft Beekman with the last pick in round 2)
2b: DE Anthony Spencer or Lamaar Woodley if Spencer is gone (pick aquired in trade down with Dolphins)
2c: MLB David Harris (pick aquired from trade of McFarland to the Colts)
3: S Aaron Rouse
4: DT Marcus Thomas (this pick is wide open at this point...you could see a RB like Booker or Jackson, or even a FB like McClain if someone slips, but Thomas adds more depth at DT)
5: KR/WR Yamon Figurs (he also might be an option in round 4 because he is moving up on many boards)

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#1 : April 26, 2007, 10:56:37 AM

Hate it.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#2 : April 26, 2007, 11:07:41 AM

If you don't like it, that's cool, but at least bother to read it. I posted this and just over 1.5 minutes later you already posted you hated it. Unless you are a speed reader, there's no way you read even half that post. How about you actually take the time to read a post instead of just trolling.

leomamba24

Rookie

#3 : April 26, 2007, 11:17:08 AM

if thats the case i really hope we stay at four

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#4 : April 26, 2007, 11:24:59 AM

i  really like the idea of the dolphins trade, but im not liking the order.  no way on branch, probably need to grab spencer/thomas earlier, no way a MLB that early, and i doubt we draft figurs when we just picked up chad owens.  just my take.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#5 : April 26, 2007, 11:29:19 AM

Well, Owens isn't a lock to make the team and I threw the MLB in there because we need a backup now that Quarles is gone and honestly...I just couldn't decide what to go with there so I threw in the pick from PR's mock...lol. As for Branch, I personally would rather have Carricker, but Branch was the higher rated D-lineman so I used him. Also it made it easier to compare the two mocks.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#6 : April 26, 2007, 12:25:01 PM

true about owens, but doesnt figurs only have about 3 td's?  and id really hate to spend a 2nd on a MLB when he's projected to be a career backup.  i cant call it a worst case, but with that dolphins trade (40th pick?), id do something like this.

1 - carriker
2 - spencer
2 - crowder/eric wright
2 - weddle
3 - marcus thomas
4 - beekman if he falls.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#7 : April 26, 2007, 12:42:07 PM

The more I think about it...a CB instead of MLB might make more sense because we have Ruud and Kelly and Barber are not young.

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#8 : April 26, 2007, 12:44:47 PM

I can't approve of any scenario that leads to us drafting Alan Branch.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#9 : April 26, 2007, 01:03:33 PM

If you don't like it, that's cool, but at least bother to read it. I posted this and just over 1.5 minutes later you already posted you hated it. Unless you are a speed reader, there's no way you read even half that post. How about you actually take the time to read a post instead of just trolling.
Well here's mine if you want to rip it. Also, multiple sources are reporting the Patriots are a lock to take David Harris at #28, so you can take him off, in addition to middle linebacker not being a preudent move on the 1st day.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler
#10 : April 26, 2007, 02:15:32 PM

I am thinking that if CJ and JT are gone the bucs stay at 4 and pick Adams...
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: My worst case scenario picks 1-5 mock... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools