Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: offense or defense? « previous next »
Page: 1

tim111762

Second String
« : April 26, 2007, 11:19:25 AM »

ive been thinking about it and i feel that offense really is the way to go with the first pick. I know its been forever since we drafted defense with the #1 but i honestly dont think itll make a significant difference if we get a defensive playmaker. say we fraft Adams or okoye with number one. The defense steps up and makes plays. GREAT! all that does now is give it back to our putrid offense who will then just go 3 and out and our defense will be back on the field in 4 plays. Our defense slipped alot last year no doubt. were getting old and we have a ton of holes to fill. But how much  of the drop off in play was due to fatigue? when u have the defense barely getting a rest there gonna get tired. i dont care how many playmakers u have on the defensive side. We need to step the offense up and i really think that will translate into the defense improving as well. if we start sustaining drives and moving the chains we put the defense in a better situation. there not tired and theyll have better field position to work with. Im not sayin we dont need a ton of help on defense, im just sayin that i think theres more to gain this year from going offense. look at the super bowl year. we had an oustanding defense, but we still had a somewhat  legit offense.  our defense isnt living up to our standards, but they were still in the upper half of the nfl. can we say the same for our offense? it was jsut rediculous. we consume hardly any clock time and barely give the defense a break.  we need balance. what do u guys think? offense or defense? i dont care about which players i just wanna know which side do u think is more important to beef up this draft.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
« #1 : April 26, 2007, 02:03:37 PM »

The FO spent most of it's bigger FA signings on the offense in Garcia and Petigout. I don't think CJ will be there to be drafted by the Bucs. Thomas is a possibility. After that who would the Bucs take?

It was mentioned by the PR guys a long time ago that the Bucs would probably us FA to fill the holes on offense and the draft to restock the defense. That's what I think will happen. It wouldn't shock me to see the first 4 picks be defensive players and 3 of them be DL's.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

tim111762

Second String
« #2 : April 26, 2007, 03:20:44 PM »

well i cant say id be disappointed to see adams or okoye in pewter and red

T

Hall of Famer

« #3 : April 26, 2007, 03:51:58 PM »

Offense, Tampa has been all about defense for too long. A healthy Simeon Rice, and the new coaching additions should make this defense near the top 10 again.

For far too long have we had a great defense and a 3 and out offense. Now it's time to score some points. I think the 1st round pick will be offense then go heavy on defense.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: offense or defense? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools