Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: This may be so outlandish...that it may happen « previous next »
Page: 1

: April 26, 2007, 11:26:11 AM

I know there are a lot of reports surrounding the fact that Atlanta is wanting to get Calvin Johnson and would be willing to trade up with Detroit to take Calvin Johnson ahead of the Bucs.

We all hear that if you trade down you better have 3-4 guys that you want there available that you want because if you dont you may end up in trouble.What if Detroit is afraid that if they trade with Atlants and move to 8 that the two guys they really want in Gaines Adams and Patrick Willis could be long gone by the time 8 comes around?

The Bucs could call up Detroit and threaten to take Gaines Adams #4 if they make the trade or Take CJ to lure us into giving up picks... which will take the guy the Lions want the most right off the bat and between

5. Arizona
6. Washington
7. Minnesota

Two of them may fancy Patrick Willis and Amobi Okoye. So Detroit goes the safe route reaches and snags Adams #2....

Ok #3 Quinn is gone to Cleveland

We get a call from who else....Rich McKay they really really want Calvin Johnson

I would be tempted....for a #8 and a #39....to hand over Calvin Johnson to a divison rival to have 4 picks in the first 2 rounds. Three of the in the top of the respective rounds

would you?

#1 : April 26, 2007, 11:31:27 AM

Won't happen... plus, we haven't proven we know what to do with those picks.

#2 : April 26, 2007, 01:06:32 PM

you have to realize the Bruce Allen not "fans" are running the war room.

He may think he could use 4 picks in the first 2 rounds pretty well

All I am saying is that Landry yesterday said that the Bucs may use Gaines Adams as leverage to push detroit to not make a trade with Atlanta or take CJ and lure us into trading for him....as if we draft Gaines Adams at 4 we take almost 80% of the leverage from Detroit who may demand a second rounder....what do we have to lose at this point...we dont have to trade but Detroit is pressured to then rid themselves of CJ and the guy they want is off the boards. We get a good pass rusher which we need and now Detroit would be "stuck" with another WR

I also dont put it past McKay to call the Bucs for the 4th pick especially if Arthur Blank has such a man crush on CJ. If we are not scared of facing CJ twice each year and see an advantage in picking up more picks ATL could be the team that might be the most willing to part with picks

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#3 : April 26, 2007, 02:03:49 PM

If we take CJ I doubt we part with him.

vladin

Starter

#4 : April 26, 2007, 02:45:07 PM

Won't happen... plus, we haven't proven we know what to do with those picks.

Sort of agree here.  The amassing of 2nd round picks doesn't impress me if our selections can never seem to crack the lineup.

orlandobuc

Starter

#5 : April 26, 2007, 02:52:13 PM

If Detroit wants Adams they know there is a very real chance that we would take him. They cant deal with anyone but us if they want to assure they get him.

truth_hurts

Practice Squad

#6 : April 26, 2007, 03:20:36 PM

If ATL wants to mortgage the future of their team on CJ, let em.  Facing CJ twice a year would suck, but atl's o-line is undersized and couldn't block an artery. And vick can't hit the broad side of a barn if he tried.  Petrino's system wants vick to throw more. Even with CJ in the line up, vick can't throw it to him if he's on his back every play. Check the books, atl is the land where receivers stats go to die every since vick has been the qb.

Vick alone makes up about 20% of their salary and thanks to mckay, atl is heading towards salary cap hell just like the bucs were under mckay.  not to mention the amount of money it would cost to sign CJ if they trade up to get him.

We need so much help on our defensive and offensive line that grabbing a guy like adams or okoye would help out tremendously.  Can you imagine having rice on one side and adams on the other to start the season!!!   

bucs1

Practice Squad
#7 : April 26, 2007, 04:23:40 PM

Welcome aboard datruth_ATL!  By the way, are you a Falcons fan?
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: This may be so outlandish...that it may happen « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools