Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Favre Almost Certain Randy Moss Will Be A Packer « previous next »
Page: 1 2

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#15 : April 13, 2007, 05:41:21 PM

It's amazing that more than a month ago it was almost assured that CJ would be there at #4 but the other popular pick, Joe Thomas, wouldn't.  Now, more than a month later it has almost completely reversed.  I'd be more than happy with Thomas at #4.  CJ, Thomas, Adams, Landry, and Okoye in that order would work for me.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#16 : April 13, 2007, 06:25:09 PM

This isn't bad news,Randy Moss carries a fat contract. He won't take a paycut so the Packers GM won't trade for him. When and If Moss gets released we can all start sweating out our CJ hopes. Everything that is from PFT is all pure rumors.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#17 : April 14, 2007, 09:22:24 AM

I dont want JR at all. Id rather take Gaines Adams over him, or trade down if possible. Whenever I think of Russell I cant see him bein g anything other than a bust.

Do you actually watch football?

#18 : April 14, 2007, 10:24:33 AM

I have a hard time buying Moss to the Pack. Fans up there hate the guy and they have a lot of input into that team. It would be terrible PR for them.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#19 : April 14, 2007, 03:44:39 PM

I have a hard time buying Moss to the Pack. Fans up there hate the guy and they have a lot of input into that team. It would be terrible PR for them.
I have actually browsed a couple of times on the Packers forum,and majority of them want Moss,even for a 2nd rounder. But in reality their GM won't bite,thank goodness. I do remember the mooning though, boy that would be intresting.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

#20 : April 14, 2007, 03:48:47 PM

I dont want JR at all. Id rather take Gaines Adams over him, or trade down if possible. Whenever I think of Russell I cant see him bein g anything other than a bust.

Do you actually watch football?

He is in the UK so I doubt he watches much football.  I find it really strange that a foreigner living in the UK has attached themselves to the Buccs and every Tampa sports team.   ???  Oh yes, he is a Chelsea fan as well, a team that hadn’t won anything for decades until the last two seasons.  ;)

#21 : April 14, 2007, 04:48:04 PM

I have actually browsed a couple of times on the Packers forum,and majority of them want Moss,even for a 2nd rounder. But in reality their GM won't bite,thank goodness. I do remember the mooning though, boy that would be intresting.

Yep, You're right, just checked the cheese head forums and it looks like they've had a change of heart on Moss. I think it was back in March when a large group of Pack season ticket holders did some sort of protest against signing the Afro'd one. I still don't think it will happen, but if they want to toss a draft pick into Lake Michigan, as a Buc fan and Joe Thomas advocate, I say go for it.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#22 : April 26, 2007, 04:42:29 PM

From ProFootballTalk.com: http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Update:

FAVRE STILL CERTAIN MOSS WILL BE A PACKER

In the process of tracking down rumors regarding whether the Raiders will trade receiver Randy Moss to the Packers (or anyone else) before or during the draft, we've re-confirmed that Packers quarterback Brett Favre is "certain" that Moss will be a member of the team in 2007.

This doesn't mean that Moss will be traded to Green Bay on Thursday or Friday, or that the trade will come during the first day of the draft.

It also doesn't mean that Moss ever will be a Packer.  It only means that Favre was -- and still is -- "certain" that Moss will join the team.

It could be that Favre, through his agent Bus Cook, is privy to Randy's plan to refuse any and all overtures aimed at reducing his $9.75 million salary for 2007.  The Raiders surely can't keep him around at that number, which means that at worst he'd be cut in August -- and then would be free to sign with the Packers.

If, of course, Moss is cut, the next question becomes whether he'd choose the Packers over any other team.  But the fact that Favre is certain of the eventual arrival suggests to us that Brett has been talking to Randy, and that Randy is every bit as excited about playing for the Packers in 2007 as he was about playing for the Raiders in 2005.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Favre Almost Certain Randy Moss Will Be A Packer « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools