Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What are the chances that.... « previous next »
Page: 1

clyton4prez

***
Second String

Posts : 196
Offline
: April 26, 2007, 03:54:52 PM

What are the chances that David Boston makes the team???

I know the draft has a lot to do with things but I was just looking at Foxsports and they have him 4th string.

Interesting enough they also have Garcia starting as well.


I have always loved Boston but....
I say DB doesn't make the team this year again...

3rd String Kicker

Moderator
*****
Hall of Famer
******
Posts : 7829
Offline
#1 : April 26, 2007, 03:57:14 PM

I'd like to see Boston make the team, but he is going to get pushed by some draft prospects, that is my guess.

bucs1

*
Practice Squad
*
Posts : 0
Offline
#2 : April 26, 2007, 04:22:21 PM

The chances that David Boston makes the team now aren't very good especially if we draft Calvin Johnson.  He probally has a 25% chance of making the team.  It all depends on how well he does in training camp and in the pre season.  He seems a lot more healthier now this year than last year so maybe he will stand out more.  Last year he made the team, but he was cut before the season opener vs. the Ravens because of the injuries to Davin Joseph and Dan Buenning.  They needed an extra roster spot to bring Scott Jackson up from the practice squad so Boston unfortunately was the odd man out.

escobar

******
Hall of Famer

Posts : 4130
Offline
#3 : April 26, 2007, 04:36:03 PM

The chances that David Boston makes the team now aren't very good especially if we draft Calvin Johnson.  He probally has a 25% chance of making the team.  It all depends on how well he does in training camp and in the pre season.  He seems a lot more healthier now this year than last year so maybe he will stand out more.  Last year he made the team, but he was cut before the season opener vs. the Ravens because of the injuries to Davin Joseph and Dan Buenning.  They needed an extra roster spot to bring Scott Jackson up from the practice squad so Boston unfortunately was the odd man out.


How do you figure he only has a 25 % chance to make the team? Last year he made it even with limitations due to previous injuries. He was only cut when they ran out of O-Linemen because of more injuries. This year he is, according to PR, much healthier. If he made it last year even while being hurt, combined with Galloway being a year older and Clayton having yet another sub par year, I think his chances are much higher than 25 %. I'd put them at around 80 % if he remains healthy.

bucs1

*
Practice Squad
*
Posts : 0
Offline
#4 : April 26, 2007, 04:56:35 PM

The chances that David Boston makes the team now aren't very good especially if we draft Calvin Johnson. He probally has a 25% chance of making the team. It all depends on how well he does in training camp and in the pre season. He seems a lot more healthier now this year than last year so maybe he will stand out more. Last year he made the team, but he was cut before the season opener vs. the Ravens because of the injuries to Davin Joseph and Dan Buenning. They needed an extra roster spot to bring Scott Jackson up from the practice squad so Boston unfortunately was the odd man out.


How do you figure he only has a 25 % chance to make the team? Last year he made it even with limitations due to previous injuries. He was only cut when they ran out of O-Linemen because of more injuries. This year he is, according to PR, much healthier. If he made it last year even while being hurt, combined with Galloway being a year older and Clayton having yet another sub par year, I think his chances are much higher than 25 %. I'd put them at around 80 % if he remains healthy.

I think that he has a 25% chance because if we draft CJ and Yamon Figurs then our receivers would be Joey Galloway, Michael Clayton, Calvin Johnson, Ike Hilliard, Maurice Stovall, Chad Owens, Yamon Figurs, and David Boston.  It all depends on how many WR's we keep on our roster.  If we keep 6 than it's a 25% chance.  If we keep 7, it's probally a 75% chance.  We have to keep a return guy on our roster and that would either be Figurs or Owens so that takes up one roster spot.  Galloway, Clayton, Johnson, and Stovall are almost are guarenteed to make the roster so there gos four spots.  So far that is five roster spots and that would mean that Boston and Hilliard would have to battle for the 6th spot with other WRs like Parris Warren, Chas Gessner, and maybe J.R. Russell.  I think that the Bucs would keep Ike Hilliard over David Boston, but I think that there's a good chance that Boston can beat out Hilliard especially if Boston returns to his original form.

Rusty

*
Hall of Famer
******
Posts : 11378
Online
#5 : April 26, 2007, 05:03:58 PM

Boston, in his prime, was a stud game changer. The question is how far or close is he to his old form? We'll see.

                \'Every day above ground is a good day\'

badaBucs1987

***
Second String

Posts : 111
Offline
#6 : April 26, 2007, 05:22:43 PM

I dont think he has that good of a chance.  I know the dude is jacked, but he made the team for like 3 days last year before he was cut before week 1.

It all depends on the draft.  You figure Joey Galloway, Michael Clayton, Ike Hilliard, and Maurice Stovall all are gaurenteed to make the team prior to the draft.  If the Bucs do land Calvin Johnson or a reciever like Dwayne Jarrett in the 2nd, then Boston's got an even slimmer chance.

Heck, Ike Hilliard's job may be in jeopardy if CJ or Jarrett were to be selected.  That gives us 3 young recievers and Joey Galloway.  Add in Hilliard and Mark Jones and thats 6 recievers.....

He has  chance if we dont land a WR in the draft...

shall555

****
Starter

Posts : 737
Offline
#7 : April 26, 2007, 05:26:46 PM

If we draft CJ, the odd men out should be Hilliard and Warren.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What are the chances that.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools