Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Adrian Peterson needs surgery « previous next »
Page: 1 2

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

: April 26, 2007, 12:04:28 PM

According to Colin Cowherd today, Adrian Peterson will require to have another procedure done on his shoulder blade that he reinjured in the Fiesta Bowl. That COULD impact what the Browns do at #3....

Baghead #2

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#1 : April 26, 2007, 12:10:38 PM

they'll go quinn if he's still there, and somebody (the packers?) will get a steal in the middle of round 1 by "taking a chance" on AP

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#2 : April 26, 2007, 12:12:58 PM

Yeah I still think that Quinn would be the pick. I hope so at least...I want at the bare minimum to have either CJ or JT on the board.

Baghead #2

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#3 : April 26, 2007, 12:15:40 PM

I thought it was his collar bone not the shoulder blade. Either way, if that's true, and Peterson is going to miss time...I think Quinn is the pick for Cleveland.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#4 : April 26, 2007, 12:22:47 PM

They do still have Jamal Lewis. They can take Peterson and let him heal while Lewis does the bulk of the ball carrying next season.

#5 : April 26, 2007, 12:23:59 PM

Gil Brandt is on with Kirwin on sirius and he says don't believe everything you hear over the next few days. He thinks this is coming from a team that wants him to fall to them.

#6 : April 26, 2007, 01:53:17 PM

I wonder how far he's going to fall.

shall555

Starter

#7 : April 26, 2007, 02:00:28 PM

How convenient that this rumor surfaces two days before the draft! If it was an issue, Peterson would've had surgery on it when he was getting treatment for his separated shoulder. This is leaked dis-information.

Didn't the Commish just tell all teams not to release confidential information that could hurt a prospect to the public? Somebody leaked and it smells like garbage.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#8 : April 26, 2007, 02:00:52 PM

I don't believe this report. It is inconsistent with his injury sustained in the Fiesta Bowl.

#9 : April 26, 2007, 02:09:04 PM

I wonder how far he's going to fall.

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#10 : April 26, 2007, 02:28:16 PM

calvin johnson was just charged with felony assault.

sincerely,
bruce allen

BucLord

Starter

#11 : April 26, 2007, 03:14:28 PM

Someone will still take him high, he's to good of a talent, if indeed this is true, some team will do what the Bills did with McGahee

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marcia, Marcia, Marcia

It's always about Marcia

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#12 : April 26, 2007, 03:21:24 PM

calvin johnson was just charged with felony assault.

sincerely,
bruce allen

Lol. Is there a link between the Al Queda and Calvin?

bucs1

Practice Squad
#13 : April 26, 2007, 04:46:45 PM

From ProFootballTalk.com: http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

PETERSON SAYS HE WON'T MISS TIME

Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that running back Adrian Peterson says that he won't miss any time due to a collarbone that he re-injured during the Fiesta Bowl.

Per Schefter, Peterson says that he'll be able to fully participate in all offseason activities.

With that said, Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that Peterson's agent, Ben Dogra, concedes that Peterson might need surgery, which would knock him out of all offseason workouts.

Dogra says that the team that drafts Peterson will have to decide whether a plate should be surgically inserted into the site of the injury. 

"It's not a foregone that he'll need the surgery," said Dogra.  "It's only if their doctor thinks he requires it.  That's why it hasn't happened yet.  If they do plate it, doctors have assured us that he'll have only 4-6 weeks of down time, meaning that if he has it in May, he'll be back in time for camp.

"I have not heard from the Browns as to what they would do," Dogra said.  "But one way or the other, he'll be ready for the season."

At least one team with whom we spoke (but who won't be drafting Peterson) thinks that surgery is not necessary.  The key question is whether the Browns think the plate is needed and, if so, whether that's enough to get them to look elsewhere with the No. 3 overall pick.

If the Browns pass, the question then becomes whether another interested team -- such as the Cardinals at No. 5 or the Vikings at No. 7 -- answer both of those same questions in the affirmative.  At some point, a team will decide either that he doesn't need surgery, or that they don't care about the effect of the surgery on his preparations for the 2007 season.

We think that this will happen at No. 12, at the very latest.

quezilla

Hall of Famer
#14 : April 26, 2007, 04:49:57 PM

I think the draft has been set in stone for months.
1.JR
2.Gaines Adams
3.Brady Quinn
4.CJ
5.JT

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Adrian Peterson needs surgery « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools