Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Call me crazy but I don't think any trades will happen... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
: April 26, 2007, 12:42:21 PM

At the top of the draft.

I think all the trade chatter we're hearing is actually coming from the teams desperate to trade down.

There's high stakes shell games going on right now.

The Lions are playing it. The Raiders are too...hoping that someone with CalvinMania will give them a Mike Ditka-TradeAllMyPicksForRickyWilliams type deal.

Its not going to happen...

and so - maybe I'm completely psycho - but I still see it going down -

Raiders - JR
Lions - Gaines Adams or Brady Quinn
Browns - Brady Quinn or Adrian Peterson
Bucs - CJ

I know...it sounds nutzo - but how many of these drafts have we seen all the chatter coming before the draft only to see absolutely nothing happen.

The teams are playing one team against another trying to create a frenzy.

I think most front offices are too smart for that - even Mckay and the Falcons.

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#1 : April 26, 2007, 12:47:19 PM

I just hope we don't end up with the doomsday scenario, which involves the Raiders taking CJ at one. No way Detroit will be able to trade out of 2 if no CJ, so they decide to go with JT. Hopefully someone would be one of the quarterbacks at this point.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#2 : April 26, 2007, 12:57:31 PM

I just hope we don't end up with the doomsday scenario, which involves the Raiders taking CJ at one. No way Detroit will be able to trade out of 2 if no CJ, so they decide to go with JT. Hopefully someone would be one of the quarterbacks at this point.

Buccs might surprise a lot of poeple and take Okoye.

#3 : April 26, 2007, 01:13:19 PM

I heard Rome yesterday talk with a guy who knows the Raiders well....They will draft Jamarcus Russell Saturday because in their minds they dont have anyone to throw the ball to CJ if they get him

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#4 : April 26, 2007, 01:16:30 PM

Raiders Russell
Lions Calvin Johnson
Arizona Thomas
Tampa Gaines

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#5 : April 26, 2007, 01:18:36 PM

Raiders Russell
Lions Calvin Johnson
Arizona Thomas
Tampa Gaines

the Buccs will take Okoye before they take Adams......quote me on it. 

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#6 : April 26, 2007, 01:22:03 PM

We'll see.

We only have mere hours before we all can say "WTF!?!!?!?!?!"

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#7 : April 26, 2007, 01:24:47 PM

Raiders Russell
Lions Calvin Johnson
Arizona Thomas
Tampa Gaines

I think 1,2 and 4 are correct. Not sure 'zona and Browns swap places although they may end up with the same players .... Quinn and Thomas.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#8 : April 26, 2007, 01:32:24 PM

We'll see.

We only have mere hours before we all can say "WTF!?!!?!?!?!"

LoL

But I can't remember a year where so many different scenarios were being thrown around for the top 5, so nothing that happens will really shock me..

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#9 : April 26, 2007, 01:45:39 PM

I know...it sounds nutzo - but how many of these drafts have we seen all the chatter coming before the draft only to see absolutely nothing happen.

Agreed, when you consider the Salary Cap differences between the 1st or 2nd pick and the 6th or 8th most GMs would rather stay put and save money and later picks.

shall555

Starter

#10 : April 26, 2007, 01:52:47 PM

The locks in the Top 5 are slowly coming into shape. We now know that #1 and #3 will be QBs. It's Detroit that is the x-factor and we pick the highest rated leftover. I still think Detroit may pull a shocker and take Gaines Adams early, because they have no takers on a trade. They also have a much bigger need for a pass rusher to make the Cover 2 work.

1) Oakland - JaMarcus Russell QB
2) Detroit - Gaines Adams DE
3) Cleveland - Brady Quinn QB Slight chance for Peterson. I'd ignore the surgery rumor.
4) Tampa Bay - Calvin Johnson WR
5) Arizona - Joe Thomas OT The Cards and Thomas seem like a perfect match.

whobdis

Pro Bowler

#11 : April 26, 2007, 02:02:15 PM

There is only one thing we know..and that's we don't know anything. The predictions even this
late are across the board. We were less than 24 hours before the draft started last year and
it was 'known' Bush was going to the Texans. I think some of the media guys are making up
rumors just to keep us reading! (and its' working)

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#12 : April 26, 2007, 02:05:32 PM

I think you're right, Shalla.

orlandobuc

Starter

#13 : April 26, 2007, 02:42:59 PM

Marinelli is the head coach remember. I have to believe he will go defense. He knows he needs a star player to make that defense go and he wont get many chances to get one.

shall555

Starter

#14 : April 26, 2007, 03:02:12 PM

There is only one thing we know..and that's we don't know anything. The predictions even this
late are across the board. We were less than 24 hours before the draft started last year and
it was 'known' Bush was going to the Texans. I think some of the media guys are making up
rumors just to keep us reading! (and its' working)

The Texans passing on Bush was a contractual issue, and collapsed 24 hours before the draft, because of it. The Top 5 is usually a lot easier to predict than the rest of the draft, especially when teams are locked into their draft positions and no trades occur. I think this could be one of those years where every team gets the guy they want, especially in the Top 5. There have been plenty of drafts where the best player in the draft drops a little bit, due to teams filling their needs with the players they covet, because not all teams draft BPA. I really wouldn't doubt it, if CJ falls to us. Fitzgerald was considered the surest thing in his draft and he still dropped to #3.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Call me crazy but I don't think any trades will happen... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools