Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Call me crazy but I don't think any trades will happen... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#15 : April 26, 2007, 03:04:34 PM

At the top of the draft.

I think all the trade chatter we're hearing is actually coming from the teams desperate to trade down.

There's high stakes shell games going on right now.

The Lions are playing it. The Raiders are too...hoping that someone with CalvinMania will give them a Mike Ditka-TradeAllMyPicksForRickyWilliams type deal.

Its not going to happen...

and so - maybe I'm completely psycho - but I still see it going down -

Raiders - JR
Lions - Gaines Adams or Brady Quinn
Browns - Brady Quinn or Adrian Peterson
Bucs - CJ

I know...it sounds nutzo - but how many of these drafts have we seen all the chatter coming before the draft only to see absolutely nothing happen.

The teams are playing one team against another trying to create a frenzy.

I think most front offices are too smart for that - even Mckay and the Falcons.

Totally agree and its SO expensive and the teams that you hear mentioned being a partner with Detroit are teams that have massive holes across the board (Bucs) or teams with new coaches who need every pick they can get their paws on to get their guys (Falcons)

Baghead #2

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#16 : April 26, 2007, 03:24:16 PM

Based on these teams past history,

Oakland- a kicker currently working at a B&B
Detroit-Ted Ginn
Cleveland-Peterson, more likely to make the IR before the season starts
Tampa-offensive playmaker-CJ
Arizona-Joe Thomas-another great pick but somehow they still manage to lose 14 games. ;)

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Call me crazy but I don't think any trades will happen... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools