Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Local Radio Mock Draft tomorrow- I got the Bucs!!!! « previous next »
Page: 1

ryansbuc

Practice Squad

: April 26, 2007, 12:54:35 PM

hey everyone,

I don't post that much but I do read about each and everyone of these post every day about the Bucs. Long time Bucfan up here in Washington State! (See ya at Quest Field for the opener)

Anyways i'm representing the Bucs tomorrow on a local sports radio station in Seattle. I was just wondering if anyone could throw a little tidbit on a couple of guys on why the Bucs should select them?

If Calvin Johnsons there at #4 I'm taking him but I have a feeling he'll be gone. They have said there are no trading picks so I'm stuck at #4.

So I'm leaning towards Joe Thomas for the selection. I know it's not a sexy pick they probably want to hear on the radio but I think it makes the most sense. It's not every day that a franchise left tackle is there staring you in the eyes. They never hit free agency due to franchise tags so I think when you have the chance to snag one you make it happen. Plus I really DONT think the Bucs will be selecting this high again for a while so when you can get your lineman for the next 10 years you jump on it.

Or
Gaines Adams- The argument for this would be of course everybody's making him out to be the next Simeon Rice who only has one year left here so it makes sense. He's the fast end we need to get pressure on the qb from the edge and like I said will be Simeons replacement for the years to come. The only thing I dont like about this pick is if the Bucs really think they have a shot at Charles Grant next year then what?

After typing this I think i've made up my mind on Joe Thomas more and more. Ha. Do you guys have anything to add or another player you'd pick? Okoye at #4?

Thanks for the help!

bodybag

Starter

#1 : April 26, 2007, 01:00:27 PM

the bucs are still in talks with chicago about acquiring lance briggs and they did just release shelton quarles so that may be another draft day option. no telling what they'll do tho. but this is another possible scenario. i dont see the bucs trying to trade up either cuz there is other needs they could address with the no. 4 pick if they dont land johnson. i could see joe thomas or amobi okoye as other needs. we'll see!

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#2 : April 26, 2007, 01:53:19 PM

welcome see you in seattle, sorry you have to be around seachicken and huskie fans

orlandobuc

Starter

#3 : April 26, 2007, 02:39:56 PM

The Bucs did sign a LT in the offseason so you might want to consider that. Someone there might bring that up.

ryansbuc

Practice Squad

#4 : April 26, 2007, 02:58:48 PM

Yeah they might drill me there with Petigout being signed for 3 years. I guess i could just say Thomas would be for the future to add with Joseph/Trueblood as one of the youngest lines?
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Local Radio Mock Draft tomorrow- I got the Bucs!!!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools