Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If we dont take Ryan Kalil « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

: April 26, 2007, 01:59:32 PM

If he is there at the top of the second round we may be missing out on a very special player. This kid looks like his is the best center I have seen come out of College in a while. I will be disappointed if we pass

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/cviewplayer.asp?Player=7713

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#1 : April 26, 2007, 02:03:18 PM

Yeah, I like the possibility of getting Kalil at 2a, but many here on the board are pulling for Satele later on.

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#2 : April 26, 2007, 02:06:34 PM

I want Kalil really bad, but I am scared he will be gone by the time we pick. I think CJ is looking more and more like he will be gone. If he is, and we can land either Thomas or Adams and then Kalil in the 2nd round...we will have filled 2 major needs.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

#3 : April 26, 2007, 02:08:04 PM

Satele is good but he is so small...he has short arms and not as polished...he looks like more of a project

Kalil...Lutui...Justice were a big reason why Lendale White was sucessfulat USC

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#4 : April 26, 2007, 02:09:32 PM

IF he is there.  IMO that's a big if. Remember that the teams at the bottom of the draft are there because they are better at evaluating talent.  I think the Pats take him with their 2nd 1st round pick.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#5 : April 26, 2007, 02:30:24 PM

Kalil...Lutui...Justice were a big reason why Lendale White was sucessfulat USC
Yes but a college program can recruit as many big time players as they have scholarships. They don't have to wait for 30 other schools to choose players before they get another one. In a balanced league where players are fed to teams through the draft and free agency, it would be ludicrous to spend three 1st or 2nd round draft picks on offensive linemen who don't play left tackle.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

quezilla

Hall of Famer
#6 : April 26, 2007, 02:54:57 PM

I wouldn't mind Datish.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#7 : April 26, 2007, 02:55:50 PM

What about Diet Pepsi Machine?

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#8 : April 26, 2007, 02:57:00 PM

I love Kalil and he is a BIG TIME need for us as well.

The guy I'm holding my breath for with 2A is Anthony Spencer, DE from Purdue.

Coming for JT saying he was "by far the best DE" that he faced last year and seeing him in game, the dude would be the steal of R2 no question.

Baghead #2

BucLord

Starter

#9 : April 26, 2007, 03:12:12 PM

Kalil is an awesome center, I agree, he's gonna be a bonafide NFL starting center. I'm afraid Oakland is gonna take him tho' Being as Kiffin was Kalils OC at USC

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marcia, Marcia, Marcia

It's always about Marcia

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#10 : April 26, 2007, 03:12:59 PM

Kalil is an awesome center, I agree, he's gonna be a bonafide NFL starting center. I'm afraid Oakland is gonna take him tho' Being as Kiffin was Kalils OC at USC

Ouch... Killer point.

#11 : April 26, 2007, 03:34:19 PM

I wouldnt put Dwayne Jarrett past them at 2 if he is still there

BucLord

Starter

#12 : April 26, 2007, 03:37:22 PM

I wouldnt put Dwayne Jarrett past them at 2 if he is still there

It would if they take Calvin Johnson

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marcia, Marcia, Marcia

It's always about Marcia

Mellow

Starter

#13 : April 26, 2007, 03:42:02 PM

Kalil's a center, so no I don't take him at 2A, 2B, or even on the first day.  I do agree C's a need, and I'm all for picking one on day 2, but history shows that you don't need to burn a first-day pick on a center to get a solid one.

Also, the Bucs have Wade (fading, but servicable), Buenning (learning, but proven at guard) and Millhauser (young and promising) already on their roster.  The need isn't as dire as some are making it out to be.

#14 : April 26, 2007, 03:50:19 PM

Don't forget Clinksdale.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If we dont take Ryan Kalil « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools