Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mystery: Shilling & The Bloody Sock: Was It Blood or Red Paint? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#15 : April 26, 2007, 07:15:29 PM

I would have to say otherwise.  How can you misunderstand something like that?  This guy still has some questions to answer.  As for the "If I knew Thorne's background I wouldn't suggest this," this incident is now in his background so I will definitely suggest it.  Lots of poeple have had respectable careers before they went and did something stupid. 

Highly doubtful with Thorne, a former Asst. DA and veteran announcer. Just my opinion though.
I think he just doesn't want to make any more waves and didn't expect Mirabelli to back
down like that.

OJ and Shilling are signing bloody clothes on Saturday in the mall.

#16 : April 26, 2007, 07:16:23 PM

Why that may seem the case, how would Thorne confuse someone saying "It was blood." with "It was a publicity stunt.", look the man has had some mistakes in the past (confusing two stats and blasting STATs because of his mistake, then having to apologize) but I'm not sure how even he would mess that up.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#17 : April 26, 2007, 07:18:36 PM

I don't think he messed it up. I think Mirabelli got cold feet. IMO.

#18 : April 26, 2007, 07:20:31 PM

I think that's the case as well, perhaps I'm biased with my dislike of Schilling, but he's not idiot, he was going to be a hero if he won that game for the Red Sox, now he's a legend.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#19 : April 26, 2007, 07:23:51 PM

We'll never know, I guess. Well, we do kind of know. It was blood.

But let's play along for this thread..

If Shilling did pull it off, it was a brilliant PR move.

#20 : April 26, 2007, 07:46:59 PM

No doubt, it was like a toned down Natural scene.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#21 : April 26, 2007, 07:50:35 PM

Not being a baseball fan so (hopefully) being objective, analyze the game tape. Some rabid fan is bound to have it.

Though not definitive, if he started with a nice clean sock and it appears, especially during an innings its probably blood. If he started with blood on his sock it could probably be paint. Especially if it starts and stays the same size.

#22 : April 26, 2007, 07:55:59 PM

One is of the CS sock, the other is the WS sock.

#23 : April 26, 2007, 07:57:44 PM

I believe the latter pic is the one from the ALCS (the walls look like Yankee stadium's walls) that wasn't more than a week away, so unless he just bled less, I think it's possibly paint.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#24 : April 26, 2007, 08:02:48 PM

I believe the latter pic is the one from the ALCS (the walls look like Yankee stadium's walls) that wasn't more than a week away, so unless he just bled less, I think it's possibly paint.

We have no idea what inning those pictures were taken in, so trying to figure out whether he bled less, or how much he bled at all, is impossible.

#25 : April 26, 2007, 08:04:08 PM

Yep, that's another variable, of course his ankle was quite umm...screwed up, so perhaps it was blood:

Warning don't click if you have a weak stomach.

http://bostondirtdogs.boston.com/Headline_Archives/2004/11/warning_large_g.html

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#26 : April 26, 2007, 11:39:44 PM

It was blood.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#27 : April 27, 2007, 01:03:35 AM

How did you see a photo of the ALCS sock when it doesn't exist?

For the record, I could care less if it was blood or paint. The Yanks lost
4 in a row to the RS. I'm stil happy.

Gary Thorne backed off his claim?

Why doesn't it exist?

It's in the HOF.........

People and their conspiracies......

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#28 : April 27, 2007, 01:18:53 AM

Why doesn't it exist? Read the articles and posts.

Not a conspiracy. Just a fact.

Sock in HOF is WS sock. ALCS sock is gone.

People and their inability to read posts or an article...

From my post (article quote) above...

...because Game 6 of the ALCS played at Yankee Stadium, the bloodied sock was handled afterward by Yankee Stadium visiting clubhouse attendants. They have no recollection of what happened to it, so they believe it was tossed away into the garbage, where surely many Yankee fans believe it belongs.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#29 : April 27, 2007, 01:28:28 AM

God.

If they ever got hold of a piece of crap that Bonds didn't flush...

It is a stupid sock.

Irespect Schilling, he was a great pitcher for my shoddy Phils for many a great year.  But it is a dang sock.  Get over it.  I would rather discuss conspiracies that matter...

Is there such a thing?

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mystery: Shilling & The Bloody Sock: Was It Blood or Red Paint? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools