Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mystery: Shilling & The Bloody Sock: Was It Blood or Red Paint? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#30 : April 27, 2007, 01:32:49 AM

Get over what? I thought it was a fun story to post. Not my fault if the people who couldn't
care less about this can't contain themselves from posting about it...

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2849747

Thorne backed off Thursday after talking to Mirabelli before the Red Sox played the Orioles. Thorne said Mirabelli had been joking.

"He said one thing, and I heard something else. I reported what I heard and what I honestly felt was said," Thorne said. "Having talked with him today, there's no doubt in my mind that's not what he said, that's not what he meant. He explained that it was in the context of the sarcasm and the jabbing that goes on in the clubhouse.

"I took it as something serious, and it wasn't," Thorne said.

Mirabelli confirmed the story, saying, "He knows that I believe 100 percent that I thought the sock had blood on it. It never crossed my mind that there wasn't blood on that sock. If he misinterpreted something said inside the clubhouse, it's unfortunate."

Mirabelli said he spoke with Thorne in the Boston clubhouse about six months after the 2004 playoffs.

"As he was walking away he asked, 'How about the bloody sock?' I said, 'Yeah, we got a lot of publicity out of that,' and that was all he can recall me saying," Mirabelli said. "He said he assumed what I meant was that the sock was fake and that it was just a publicity stunt. That by no means is what I meant. There was never a doubt in mind there was blood on the sock."

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#31 : April 27, 2007, 01:38:56 AM

I refuse to post anymore about "The Sock".

Your rebuttal shall never be heard. 

But there is no hate here.  Just no care for a lousy sock.

Goodnight my fellow Buc fans!

I hope we draft Joe Thomas!

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#32 : April 27, 2007, 01:49:21 AM

Me too. Got called for a possible job related to the draft. Have no idea what it is.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#33 : April 27, 2007, 09:09:49 AM

No, I can read just fine actually.  First of all I doubt any Yankee crew member would have gotten near the sock.  And even if they did,we already know for a fact the WS sock is real.  So why would the ALCS sock be any different?  We have no real reason to think otherwise.  It's a ridiculous conspiracy some people are running with for their own agendas.  Even if the sock turned out to be fake (which it isnt) it doesn't change the fact this man went out and pitched great games on a stitchd up ankle that he had no business playing on.  Think Pedro pitches on that?  Nope.  Mussina? doubt it.  I bet most pitchers today wouldn't have.  That's the story, not a little blood which some want to try and say is fake.  And now with Thorne going back on his claim, it should be a non-issue. 

A fun story?  No, it's a dumb story that bears no weight.  Why people are even talking about this 3 years later is beyond me.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#34 : April 27, 2007, 10:05:50 AM

Nah, I think the entire ankle story was a hoax. Classic Shilling. Just like classic A Rod.
Fake photos, sock, etc...

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#35 : April 27, 2007, 10:11:33 AM

I always thought that his "heroic" status was way overdone.

Little boo-boo  :'(

Big freaking deal........ I was the ALCS, against their bitter arch rivals....... He better have pitched.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

#36 : April 27, 2007, 01:03:32 PM

Schilling is an arrogant coward. I remember he called out Scott Kazmir about trying to start a beaning war, then Joe Magrane spoke up for Kaz, Schilling shot back, and Magrane said something like 'tell him to meet me in the parking lot' and Schilling shut up, then Kazmir went out and dominated the Sox again and again, Schilling hasn't spoken about us since.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#37 : April 27, 2007, 01:31:37 PM

Alien Autopsy = Hoax

Shilling's Ankle Injury = Hoax

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#38 : April 27, 2007, 03:19:57 PM

LOL.

Conspiracies galore here.

Yeah, Arod sucks Joe.  Wouldn't want him on my team either....

A painted sock.  I've heard it all now.  And a little "boo boo?"  LOL.  Yeah, i'd like to se you try pitching after surgery and stitches in your ankle. 

It was clearly blood....anyone who thinks diffeent is starving for a good conspiracy.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#39 : April 27, 2007, 03:21:26 PM

"As he was walking away he asked, 'How about the bloody sock?' I said, 'Yeah, we got a lot of publicity out of that,' and that was all he can recall me saying," Mirabelli said. "He said he assumed what I meant was that the sock was fake and that it was just a publicity stunt. That by no means is what I meant. There was never a doubt in mind there was blood on the sock."

That to me calls into question this guy's integrity just like I said.  If Mirabelli said, "We got a lot of PR out of that," how do you get "He said it was paint."  Seems like this guy took a lot of liberties with Mirabelli's words.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#40 : April 27, 2007, 03:32:09 PM

Schilling? Merely a flesh wound. What a big baby!

He used to be a painter. If it walks like a duck...

A Rod did some painting in college. So, it's possible that they colluded
on it.

Thorne is dumber than I thought. Or, he's smart enough to know when
to shut his mouth and not risk his job.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#41 : April 27, 2007, 03:32:55 PM

That's what good conspiracy theorists do.

Take an ant hill and turn it into a mountain.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#42 : April 27, 2007, 03:33:07 PM

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2851147

#43 : April 27, 2007, 08:09:53 PM

Umm...Ray...Joe is joking...

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#44 : April 27, 2007, 08:14:08 PM

Ok.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mystery: Shilling & The Bloody Sock: Was It Blood or Red Paint? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools