Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Top 5 NFL Offensive Lines « previous next »
Page: 1

Fanatic24

Practice Squad

« : July 15, 2013, 03:52:45 AM »

Bucs tied for 5th

http://www.profootballrosters.com/2013/07/15/top-5-nfl-offensive-lines/

nitey

Hall of Famer
« #1 : July 15, 2013, 06:49:21 AM »

T5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Tackles: Donald Penn, Gabe Carimi
Guards: Carl Nicks, Davin Joseph
Center: Jeremy Zuttah

Best of the Bunch: Carl Nicks

Nicks was sorely missed in 2012 as he was lost to injury early in the season. Getting Nicks and fellow Guard Davin Joseph back should put a smile on Josh Freeman and Doug Martin’s faces.
Runt of the Litter: Gabe Carimi

Currently it’s Carimi, who comes over from the Bears in the off season. Carimi has talent and could thrive with a change of scenery.
Summary:

Injuries to Nicks and Joseph crippled Tampa’s  line in 2012 and it showed on the field. With a fresh start this season, expect the Bucs’ offensive line to be one of the best in the NFL.

Interesting that the author figures that Carimi will win the RT job and push Dotson to the bench, and while that could happen, I don't really expect it to be this year. I think Carimi needs a year under Bostad to get himself healthy and back to playing the tackle position with confidence. If he does manage to push Dotson off the RT position this training camp, that either means that the Bears were incredibly stupid for giving up on him so quickly or Dot really is ultimately just a good backup tackle in the league. FWIW, I'm betting that Dot keeps the RT position.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #2 : July 15, 2013, 07:08:44 AM »

I wasn't opposed to the idea of a trade down and taking Carimi in the draft. Thought he was a no brainer. But like most of what Doris says, I was mistaken.

(Why he so mad all the time?)

But Gabe has been downright awful. At times, he was like the Kellen Winslow Jr. of that offensive line. His blocking was poor. Now I believe he played against the Niners (pretty sure without looking it up), and while Aldon has made people look dumb, he flat out whipped Gabe. Left him standing there grasping at air.

He has a TON of work to do. The Bears saw all that suckage compounded by his dissing of voluntaries and said he was unsalvageable goods. Hopefully, he becomes a dark horse candidate to get to average status. That is all I expect out of Gabe these days.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

« #3 : July 15, 2013, 07:12:29 AM »

He was injured Boid. Of course he looked terrible. I think if he gets healthy this year he can easily take e RT job from Dot.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #4 : July 15, 2013, 07:21:31 AM »

He was moved to guard as well. To help mask his injury?

I dunno. He looked pathetic though. I mean, a team gave up on him. ALFREAKINGREADY?!?!  That in itself is an eye raiser. And if Gabe does by some miracle become the stud tackle that I thought he would develop into, then Phil Emory needs to lose his job ASAP. Gabe has been deemed too weak. Not good.

But fingers crossed. Maybe his injury is career debilitating?

nitey

Hall of Famer
« #5 : July 15, 2013, 08:07:52 AM »

Well he's in the right place for him to be fixed IMO. If it's health, Dot played well enough last season so he can sit and heal (and still play some in rotation), if it's technique, then his college coach is here to fix that and if it's his head, there are some pretty good guys on the line that can help get his head straight.

I'm hopeful.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #6 : July 15, 2013, 08:19:04 AM »

The fact that Carimi was automatically installed as the starter let's me know that whoever wrote this, didn't watch the Bucs much, if at all last year. If they did, they would have Dotson slotted as the starter. It's Dotson's job to lose. He played well in pass blocking and just needs to get a little better in run blocking. Even still, his run blocking wasn't bad and didn't have much of a negative effect on the Bucs running game. With a full offseason working as the starter with Bostad, we should see him play even better in 2013. We are more than fine with Dotson at RT.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

« #7 : July 15, 2013, 08:26:57 AM »

The fact that Carimi was automatically installed as the starter let's me know that whoever wrote this, didn't watch the Bucs much, if at all last year. If they did, they would have Dotson slotted as the starter. It's Dotson's job to lose. He played well in pass blocking and just needs to get a little better in run blocking. Even still, his run blocking wasn't bad and didn't have much of a negative effect on the Bucs running game. With a full offseason working as the starter with Bostad, we should see him play even better in 2013. We are more than fine with Dotson at RT.

The way this front office operates Carimi will be the RT and Dotson will be the swing T. Its Buccaneer math. If you are making starter money you will start. Carimi will have to start to justify his salary.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #8 : July 15, 2013, 08:38:17 AM »

The way this front office operates Carimi will be the RT and Dotson will be the swing T. Its Buccaneer math. If you are making starter money you will start. Carimi will have to start to justify his salary.
who has the larger salary, carimi or dotson?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #9 : July 15, 2013, 08:46:03 AM »

1. The Bucs paid Jeremy Trueblood $4 million to sit on the bench and watch Dotson play last season.

2. Dotson actually makes $500,000 or so more than Carimi.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #10 : July 15, 2013, 09:43:25 AM »

Slammed.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #11 : July 15, 2013, 10:23:25 AM »

Game.
Set.
Match.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.
  Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Top 5 NFL Offensive Lines « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools