Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WTF Gruden « previous next »
Page: 1 2

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 30, 2006, 04:23:19 PM

I actually don't have much of an issue with that play call.  I have issues with the over all play calling but that one particular call, no issues what so ever.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 30, 2006, 04:28:40 PM

Give the damn ball to the A-Train!!!!

Yeah, because that's worked so well all year long.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#17 : October 30, 2006, 04:32:34 PM

I'm thinking back to a texas v nebraska game, same kind of idea, everyone knows you just run for that yard... run action, pass, 50 or so yard TD... GAme over... coach = genius.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 30, 2006, 04:34:30 PM

BTW: Over the past two seasons, Alstott is 4 of 9 on 3-and-1.

buckit

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 30, 2006, 05:38:29 PM

Nice point Dan.  And this year, Alstott is invisible out there.  Give him the rock, he gets stopped short.  Throw him the rock, he gets blown up by a freakin corner.  Whatever Alstott was drinkin last year that gave him super powers, he ain't had a sip of this  year...And where the hell is Sowell???

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#20 : October 30, 2006, 05:41:22 PM

Atrian?!?! more like A-NO! He has sucked this year.. Everytime we put him in there has not not done much of anything.. its time to let him retire.. we could use his money on someone else.. a starter.

Gruden probably thought they would load the box and a pass to a TE would be easy.. Of course.. they brought the house :)

buckit

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 30, 2006, 05:45:48 PM

Atrian?!?! more like A-NO! He has sucked this year.. Everytime we put him in there has not not done much of anything.. its time to let him retire.. we could use his money on someone else.. a starter.

Gruden probably thought they would load the box and a pass to a TE would be easy.. Of course.. they brought the house :)

Even so, all the TE had to do was sit down and wait for the hot throw.  It's called a Pop Pass.  Very easy play, very effective against the all out blitz. 

Dear Glazers,

Thank you,
--the fans

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 30, 2006, 05:47:51 PM

Yeah.. It was just a bad day overall.. We couldnt do anything right on O.. I cant seem to just blame grads.. EVERYONE on that team that works with the O is to blame..

We might not win another game if we play like that.

buckit

Hall of Famer

#23 : October 30, 2006, 05:52:05 PM

That was the worst execution I've seen since 76, honestly....

Dear Glazers,

Thank you,
--the fans

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#24 : October 30, 2006, 05:57:27 PM

we were only 4a nd 1 because we couldnt run on 3rd and 1.  Not to mention the pass was there, we just cant block anyone
They are rookies and 2nd year players!!!
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WTF Gruden « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools