Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Coach's Grade « previous next »
Page: 1

FullBack

Second String

« : October 29, 2006, 05:46:42 PM »

Has to be an F.     I have to agree with several  commentators on different networks   that called Gruden's choice of 48 pass attempts vs.  8 Caddy rushing  attempts simply...."insane".

In this kind of weather,  rookie QB,   close game,   it makes zero sense.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

« #1 : October 29, 2006, 05:49:51 PM »

F-

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

« #2 : October 29, 2006, 06:06:02 PM »

while I agree with the coaching grade not really sure if you guys saw the same game I did. 

What was Gruden supposed to do, go 3 and out everytime? The o-line was getting mauled on running plays and you want Gruden to run more? I was happy he started throwing, Grads looked decent today for someone getting hurried all day. The WR's have to make those plays....period

gone

Hall of Famer
« #3 : October 29, 2006, 06:07:18 PM »

Has to be an F.     I have to agree with several  commentators on different networks   that called Gruden's choice of 48 pass attempts vs.  8 Caddy rushing  attempts simply...."insane".

In this kind of weather,  rookie QB,   close game,   it makes zero sense.
Assuming you are referring to playcalling---
B- / C+
I don't think it improper to abandon a rushing game averaging 0.6 YPC.  As bad/ugly as it was when we passed, that was the only time we moved it...
I don't blame the playcalling when 2 deep passes land perfectly in the hands of your #1 reciever and he drops them...or your #2 drops an easy TD...or your franchise RB fumbles an easy toss play..or your OL blocks like freakin cub scouts
That 4th &1 was just retarded though.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

« #4 : October 29, 2006, 07:10:49 PM »

bottom line, caddy is our best offensive player. we all know what our record is when he get 20+ carries.  we all know how his yards per carry increases throughout the game and he is especially effective late  in the game. for gruden to abandon the running game multiple times this year the moment we fall behind by 7 pts is embarassing.  horrible weather conditions on the road, rookie QB, two score game, yet we let Bruce sling it around nearly 50 times? only 8 carries for caddy? only two carries in the second half? gruden deserves some heat for the playcalling. 

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

« #5 : October 29, 2006, 08:03:55 PM »

Awful.   :/

F

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

« #6 : October 29, 2006, 08:07:15 PM »

You don't run the ball 8 times a game, period.

Secondly, not attempting to convert a 4th down with 3 minutes in the game when you are down by 14 is ridiculous.
  Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Coach's Grade « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools