Boards > The Red Board

Kudos to Front Office...so far

(1/3) > >>

BucsFan1976:
I thought the Bucs might make some panic moves in this draft with Gruden/Allen on the hot seat but they didnt. Not splashy picks but necessary. 

badaBucs1987:
How come people are in an uproar about the Aaron Sears pick?  I don't understand...I mean just be thankful we aren't the Eagles taking the 6th rated Qb in the 2nd round...or that we didn't do something stupid like drafting a WR or Tony Ugoh....

I mean we already have the right side locked up with Jeremy Trueblood and Davin Joseph.

We just added 2 potential starters on the lines and that is where games are won...in the trenches...

Im assuming we all like the Gaines Adams pick at #4 with Joe Thomas and Calvin Johnson off the board.  I believe we need to go Defense again with the 2nd pick in the 2nd round....maybe DeMarcus Tyler?

But as for WR...i think were fine with young first day picks in MichaeL Clayton and Maurice Stovall.  I mean the only reason we were looking at CJ is because he is a once in a life time guy.

But anyway so far I like what IM seeing with Sears and Adams...  Hopefully we can another defensive player in the 2nd or maybe a Leonard in the 3rd...

cvillebucfan:
dude, I'm all for the FO but that was a BIG TIME BAD PICK.

We could have had a VERY good center in Kalil and if you can't see that then...

MarleyMon81:
Granted I too wanted Kalil, 'ville, but I can also see that Kalil is STILL on the boad long after the Bucs pick.

Fresh:
We could have gotten Ryan Kalil or Chris Houston,traded Kelly for compensation. I hate the pick because we could have gotten Josh Beekman at 64 if we wanted a guard! We missed out on 2 talents, Houston and Kalil. We need to take Charles Johnson next pick. I like the Adams pick but I hate the 35th pick we should have just traded into the 1st round.

Big Bucco:
We're fine with Clayton and Stovall??!? Have you watched the Buccaneers play or are you just going by draft position?

SB4TB:

--- Quote from: MarleyMon81 on April 28, 2007, 07:44:04 PM ---Granted I too wanted Kalil, 'ville, but I can also see that Kalil is STILL on the boad long after the Bucs pick.

--- End quote ---

Exactly and 2 more linemen have been picked after the Bucs.  They obviously saw something in Kalil they didnt like

Cheers:

--- Quote from: MarleyMon81 on April 28, 2007, 07:44:04 PM ---Granted I too wanted Kalil, 'ville, but I can also see that Kalil is STILL on the boad long after the Bucs pick.

--- End quote ---

Is there a reason he is still sitting?

badaBucs1987:
I know we could have gotten a good C in Kalil...but how do u know we wont get him at the end of the 2nd or 3rd?

I mean obviously nobody seems to want the guy.   I also believe that the Bucs are moving over Dan Buenning there.

It could have been much worse man.  Thats all I'm sayin.  We could have drafted a Tony Ugoh or a Kevin Kolb.

I hope ur not the same that want Joe Thomas....becuase we got ourselves a lineman....i think were lookin good..

Pettigout, Aaron Sears, Dan Buenning, Davin Joseph, Jeremy Trueblood.....

I also think that well be fine with Clayton and Stovall.  I mean u question me, but honestly...how good do u think Jarrett or Rice would do with us if we cant give the QB time to throw the ball.  Also  Clayton is capable of being a good WR.  Drafting a WR NOW...is basically giving up on Stovall and Clayton...One of them will suffer...

UK Buc:
Both picks have been nice solid players and while I wouldn't say great job to the front office I think they're doing OK so far yes. Not great but not terrible either as some seem to think.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version