Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Official Trade Michael Clayton Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#30 : October 30, 2006, 07:26:01 AM

Yeah and our so called best WR dropped a couple of easy passes so lets rip Michael Clayton for dropping ONE ball and fumbling on a play that they defensive guy made a great hit on.  When is the last time you saw Joey block - bet it will also be the first.  This is not Clayton's fault - hell he probably doesn't even expect to get the ball as Bruce is always looking to Joey.

Good post and I agree 100%. Is anyone going to mention the ball that Galloway and Hilliard short armed because they were afraid to get hit? That was the worst of the day to me. That hit that Clayton took was monstrous and would have made anyone fumble. It was a great defensive play...oh, we have forgot what great defensive plays look like. Everyone loved Clayton after the Bengal game. You guys remind me of the babbling Eagles fans with this ####!.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#31 : October 30, 2006, 07:28:42 AM

Clayton dropped two clutch passes against the Giants but made two clutch catches in the Eagles and Bengals games respectively to set up the winning scores.  I am not about to give up on Clayton considering he has showed improvement compared to last year by a large margin.

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#32 : October 30, 2006, 07:29:44 AM

Joey took over when Clayton was hurt - everybody makes mistakes as Cadillac and Bruce fumbled the pitch today, Becht had a stupid pass interference call and everybody's boy Ronde got schooled all day today as just goes to show BK is our best corner on this team - Ronde is just put in the position of being able to make more plays playing the slot. Ronde looked hesitant at times. Why don't we throw the ball to Alex Smith more?

Why don't we throw the ball to Alex Smith going down the seam? Why is it always a check down that he gets murdered on and can't pick up a first down. I am so tired of seeing that play that I don't know what to do!

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#33 : October 30, 2006, 07:31:27 AM

Joey took over when Clayton was hurt - everybody makes mistakes as Cadillac and Bruce fumbled the pitch today, Becht had a stupid pass interference call and everybody's boy Ronde got schooled all day today as just goes to show BK is our best corner on this team - Ronde is just put in the position of being able to make more plays playing the slot. Ronde looked hesitant at times. Why don't we throw the ball to Alex Smith more?

Why don't we throw the ball to Alex Smith going down the seam? Why is it always a check down that he gets murdered on and can't pick up a first down. I am so tired of seeing that play that I don't know what to do!

You should ask a better question:

Why isn't Alex Smith starting over Becht?

At this point Becht and Mahan should NOT be on the field.  Just becuase they are buddies of Hackett and Muir does not mean they should be starting.  The better players (Alex Smith and Dan Buenning) should be on the field starting. 

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#34 : October 30, 2006, 07:33:36 AM

You should ask a better question:

Why isn't Alex Smith starting over Becht?

At this point Becht and Mahan should NOT be on the field. Just becuase they are buddies of Hackett and Muir does not mean they should be starting. The better players (Alex Smith and Dan Buenning) should be on the field starting.

Very good points that I wish I had the answers to!

replica

Hall of Famer
#35 : October 30, 2006, 08:09:02 AM

If my memory serves me right, Clayton has more than a few key first down receptions, at least 2 good runs on reversals, let's get off his back. The team as a whole is underachieving..I personally think only running Caddy 8 times was a huge mistake. We were not out of that game.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#36 : October 30, 2006, 08:15:17 AM

didn't hear anyone wanting to trade his butt after the Cincy game.  Where do you guys makeup some of this stuff?  Some of you are too funny.

HereComesDaBoom

Practice Squad
#37 : October 30, 2006, 10:03:24 AM

Trade Clayton? I don't think so, but demoting him to the 3rd WR position is called for. Hilliard may not be FAST! but his hands are sure and he has been our clutch receiver so far with the limited time he gets. Remember is it not what you did last week that gets you success in the NFL.

My question is, does the coach only call certain plays once he knows the O-line can't run block or pass protect. I mean does he throw in the towel and say " I hope this works".

bOOm

BucsAddict

Starter

#38 : October 30, 2006, 10:22:22 AM

I like Clayton a lot. We need to use him in a system that's more suited to his talents, not Gruden's offense.

funny ppl say that about simms

==================================================
Gruden: Simms is gonna be a helluva quaterback- unless I screw it up.

replica

Hall of Famer
#39 : October 30, 2006, 07:00:50 PM

Trade Clayton? I don't think so, but demoting him to the 3rd WR position is called for. Hilliard may not be FAST! but his hands are sure and he has been our clutch receiver so far with the limited time he gets. Remember is it not what you did last week that gets you success in the NFL.

My question is, does the coach only call certain plays once he knows the O-line can't run block or pass protect. I mean does he throw in the towel and say " I hope this works".

bOOm

I'd support trying Hilliard, he looks good returning punts..Was Clayton playing Galloways position when Galloway was injured?

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

#40 : October 30, 2006, 07:13:11 PM

AMEN!  More Big Alex!!!  I'm a huge fan of Alex Smith and it makes me mad that we don't utilize his talents.  There's so much more we could do with this guy.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Official Trade Michael Clayton Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools