Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Official Trade Michael Clayton Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

: October 29, 2006, 04:19:26 PM

Dude sux, I mean we draft players, we count on these people to build around and he can't play, can't get it down. I mean you have clayton (1st rounder) Ruud (2nd rounder) and neither guy contributes. Ruud can't get on the field because of Quarles, WTF did we draft Ruud then???

Baghead #2

Huey Freeman

Starter
#1 : October 29, 2006, 04:15:37 PM

A dropped TD pass and a fumble that cost us a first down.  He doesn't seem to be running well at all.  He isn't separating well from the CBs to work down the field.  All that he has been able to do is run slants.  Jacquez Green could do that....   [banghead]

I say we trade him in the off-season.  I remember San Francisco was really hot for him a few years ago, but we picked him right before the Niners could.  Anyone think we could get a first day pick?  The way we are playing right now, we will be right in line for Calvin Johnson, Ted Ginn, or Dwayne Jarrett.  For those of you thinking Defense with this draft, there doesn't appear to be much value in the top 8...  No dominant Under Tackles, no freak LBs. 

#2 : October 29, 2006, 04:17:38 PM

No way we could get a good pick for him, nobody wants his stonehands.

replica

Hall of Famer
#3 : October 29, 2006, 04:18:04 PM

No way. Period.

robintyme

Starter

#4 : October 29, 2006, 04:21:15 PM

geez....what the hell happened?
This guy was great his first season, then he got injured the next year, now everyone's ticked off at him?

replica

Hall of Famer
#5 : October 29, 2006, 04:23:38 PM

He was the hero against the Bengals, now he's a goat? We did not lose JUST because of Clayton.

Huey Freeman

Starter
#6 : October 29, 2006, 04:31:37 PM

It's not about JUST this game.  He made one play this season of note; It was his first TD since 2004.  Nothing against the guy personally.  I'm sure he's a nice guy.  But he isn't producing.  He isn't making plays.  In fact, he not making the plays that other WRs can make.  He doesn't run well enough to get down field in man coverage, so it's not easy to give him many jump ball situations.  He is moderately effective in the intermediate passing area, but he has had a case of the drops this season and had a crucial fumble.  He also has a chance to make a play on the sideline and drops the ball....  Does Michael Clayton really strike fear into the hearts of the CBs in the NFC South?  If I were Ken Lucas, I'd me more worried about Michael Jenkins. 

What is the best thing that can be said about Clayton?  That "he's a good run blocker".  If that's it, it's not a good sign.  If that were the most important thing, Cornell Green would be seeing some snaps at Flanker. 

creekchub00

Starter

#7 : October 29, 2006, 04:31:52 PM

Ruud will get on the field and contribute, and has in almost every opportunity. Clayton hasn't been playing well no doubt, but he is only in his 3rd year. He had a freak first year and he hasn't lived up to that at all. Then again Galloway was Simms favorite target, and Grads hasn't really felt comfortable with anyone it seems. It was Griese throwing all of those passes to Clayton his rookie year. I think Grads is more of the Griese type passer. So lets give them both a little time to develop a relationship in the passing game.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#8 : October 29, 2006, 05:17:12 PM

Dude sux, I mean we draft players, we count on these people to build around and he can't play, can't get it down. I mean you have clayton (1st rounder) Ruud (2nd rounder) and neither guy contributes. Ruud can't get on the field because of Quarles, WTF did we draft Ruud then???

Because Quarles is old and will need to be replaced soon?

gone

Hall of Famer
#9 : October 29, 2006, 05:20:31 PM

geez....what the hell happened?
This guy was great his first season, then he got injured the next year, now everyone's ticked off at him?
Ah, the old "he got injured" excuse.  It was his hands that went after year one, and he didn't injure them.  He needed to bounce back in a big way this year and he hasn't.
Look, you can't catch everything, but you gotta make some plays. He's made ONE in the last 2 years.  That can't cut it.

BuccoJD

Starter

#10 : October 29, 2006, 05:23:27 PM

Clayton hasn't been dropping balls (the 1 today was thrown late and he wouldn't have gotten both feet in) and he's not loafing around like #84...He's still blocking his a$$ off, and the fumble would have happened to anyone.

I blame the playcalling on Clayton's lack of production

#11 : October 29, 2006, 05:26:03 PM

He was the hero against the Bengals, now he's a goat? We did not lose JUST because of Clayton.
Man I hate this place, it's full of ###### goobers who can't see things like that. Yes folks we lost because of Gradkowski not because the playcalling only getting Caddy the ball 8 times, not because Galloway dropped how many deep passes? Caddy fumbled a TD away and Clayton dropped one...that's 14 points folks....this place makes me sick with how quickly you turn on people.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#12 : October 29, 2006, 05:28:29 PM

I like Clayton a lot.  We need to use him in a system that's more suited to his talents, not Gruden's offense.

gone

Hall of Famer
#13 : October 29, 2006, 06:13:35 PM

Man I hate this place, it's full of ###### goobers who can't see things like that. Yes folks we lost because of Gradkowski not because the playcalling only getting Caddy the ball 8 times, not because Galloway dropped how many deep passes? Caddy fumbled a TD away and Clayton dropped one...that's 14 points folks....this place makes me sick with how quickly you turn on people.
Yeah, cuz caddy was doin so well up to the point we went pass...

gharen

Pro Bowler

#14 : October 29, 2006, 06:19:04 PM

Let's make sure I understand this, Grads should be benched after 4 games but Clayton is only in his 3rd year so give him time! I feel stupid for even typing that. In two weeks, Grads has had at least 3 td's dropped. One by Caddy last week and one by Galloway and Clayton this week. Possibly, even 2 by Galloway this week.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Official Trade Michael Clayton Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools