Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: QB in Round 1 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15

#45 : October 29, 2006, 05:01:31 PM

LeeRoy

What are YOUR expectations out of #7?  Tell the whole forum, do it now.  He's a 6th round pick with a TOTAL of 4 starts.  He's on the road facing a fierce pass rushing team.  What do YOU expect from him.  Get a goddamned clue!

I'm not pissed at the loss.  It was expected.  What pisses me off is the unbelieveable, unrealistic, knee-jerk reactions from people who have no idea.

simms22

Second String

#46 : October 29, 2006, 05:01:40 PM

More than likely we will see a QB signed in free agency, and Grads, Luke, and FA will battle for the starting job. This team needs youth on Defense; I hope we address that in the draft.
This draft looks pretty bad for defense. We need to address that in free agency.

What a very genralized ignorant comment.

Look at that the players in college.  Who among them is worth a top 5 pick?  I'm not going to get into a pissing match with you, but don't call me ignorant again.

Theres never many defensive players worth the a top 5 pick, but this year has very good depth at DE, DT, LB, and Safety.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#47 : October 29, 2006, 05:02:06 PM

The common wisdom so far has been that we need defense in round one, but I think the common wisdom is wrong.  We need a QB badly and there are some good ones in this draft.  We can fix the D in free agency hopefully, but as of now it looks like we are in need of Brady Quinn, Brian Brohm, or Troy Smith.

Grads is rookie and he isn't losing games for us.  If you can't see the chemistry between Gruden and Grads you are either blind or stupid.....make you own choice.  Grads isn't going anywhere and there is no way in hell they will draft a QB on day one.

That chemistry will wear off real soon at 2 and 8.

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#48 : October 29, 2006, 05:02:19 PM

LeeRoy

What are YOUR expectations out of #7? Tell the whole forum, do it now. He's a 6th round pick with a TOTAL of 4 starts. He's on the road facing a fierce pass rushing team. What do YOU expect from him. Get a goddamned clue!

I'm not pissed at the loss. It was expected. What pisses me off is the unbelieveable, unrealistic, knee-jerk reactions from people who have no idea.

Thank god someone has some widom to shed.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#49 : October 29, 2006, 05:02:33 PM

Oh geez I don't know what to tell you man, I really don't...

Dallas...on the road "L" (we have no offense)

New Oleans...I'll give you that, even though the odds makers will have us an underdog and they fix he games ha

Carolina...No shot

Washington..."L" (we have no offense)

Pittsburgh...OMG can you imagine, grads against the steel curtain, scary

Browns..."L" on the road in cleveand in late december. One team building for the future, one team wonder what the hell happened.

Falcons...I think our worst fear came true, vick learned how to pass..."L"

Seahawks...bern't Alexander and Hasslebeck will be back

We will be lucky to get 5 wins this year.

Baghead #2

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#50 : October 29, 2006, 05:05:58 PM

Grads is rookie and he isn't losing games for us.  If you can't see the chemistry between Gruden and Grads you are either blind or stupid.....make you own choice.  Grads isn't going anywhere and there is no way in hell they will draft a QB on day one.

OMG, man where do people come up with this stuff???

Grads get off the message board man, we know its you!

Baghead #2

simms22

Second String

#51 : October 29, 2006, 05:04:51 PM

LeeRoy

What are YOUR expectations out of #7? Tell the whole forum, do it now. He's a 6th round pick with a TOTAL of 4 starts. He's on the road facing a fierce pass rushing team. What do YOU expect from him. Get a goddamned clue!

I'm not pissed at the loss. It was expected. What pisses me off is the unbelieveable, unrealistic, knee-jerk reactions from people who have no idea.

Exactly, hes a 6th round pick, which means statistically throughout history he is not supposed to be that great of a qb. Not saying that he isnt going to be a solid starter one day, but he is a 6th round pick and often times 6th round picks dont make solid starters no matter what the experience is. Ill have to see more from Grads this year for me to want him to be the starter next year.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#52 : October 29, 2006, 05:06:19 PM

LeeRoy

I expect him to at least look like an NFL quarterback.  In no way do I think he should look like Joe Montana.  He looks exactly like what a 6th round rookie should look like.  Unfortunately, that is a career backup.  I expect nothing else out of him.

#53 : October 29, 2006, 05:10:22 PM

Just to let you know, Oakland is currently making the Steelers look bad. Oakland.

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#54 : October 29, 2006, 05:08:04 PM

New Oleans...I'll give you that, even though the odds makers will have us an underdog and they fix he games ha

Carolina...No shot

Browns..."L" on the road in cleveand in late december. One team building for the future, one team wonder what the hell happened.

You really know your **CENSORED** man. Browns do look very very good this year. Gotta hand that one to you.

calicojack

Starter
#55 : October 29, 2006, 05:09:18 PM

I expect #7 to run more.  His receivers can't hold on to the ball.

The Dream Team

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#56 : October 29, 2006, 05:11:30 PM

Just to let you know, Oakland is currently making the Steelers look bad. Oakland.

Even though you hat eme Illuminator... you are helping me out in a few of these discussions here. Haha.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#57 : October 29, 2006, 05:12:10 PM

Here's a different idea: instead of a new coach or another rookie QB how about a DIFFERENT system?? If Gruden is the high priest of WCO, then we need a new system cuz what they're running now sucks!! We have a QB that everyone agrees would be great in another system--so get another system!! I don't know about you guys, but I'm tired of watching games like this. Two weeks in a row No offense (except FG). The defense can't win every game. And today the offense started turning it over. Just disgusting.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#58 : October 29, 2006, 05:14:18 PM

Carolina...No shot

You really know your crap man. Browns do look very very good this year. Gotta hand that one to you.

Reality bro, give it a shot...

Baghead #2

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#59 : October 29, 2006, 05:15:27 PM

I will sum this up in one post.  I like Grads.  I think he will make a decent backup one day.  I do not think he has the potential to be a starter in this league.  You can claim that I haven't seen enough to know this and you're right.  I don't "know" it.  I suspect it.  But I also know that none of you have seen enough to "know" that he's the future.  

I do not think QB is the only reason we are losing, only part.  I think that QB will just happen to be the best value pick in round one.  I think it would be better to draft a QB that deserves to go that high than reach for a DT that doesn't.  You think the Bills would rather have Leinert right now than Whitner?  All I am saying is that if there is a possible franchise QB available, we are not strong enough at that position to ignore it.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: QB in Round 1 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools