Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: QB in Round 1 « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#60 : October 29, 2006, 05:15:52 PM

Pittsburgh...OMG can you imagine, grads against the steel curtain, scary

Just to let you know, Oakland is currently making the Steelers look bad. Oakland.

Ha, ok count the steelers for a win!!!! grads throws for 5 touch downs and runs for 2...........LMAO

Baghead #2

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#61 : October 29, 2006, 05:16:00 PM

Here's a different idea: instead of a new coach or another rookie QB how about a DIFFERENT system?? If Gruden is the high priest of WCO, then we need a new system cuz what they're running now sucks!! We have a QB that everyone agrees would be great in another system--so get another system!! I don't know about you guys, but I'm tired of watching games like this. Two weeks in a row No offense (except FG). The defense can't win every game. And today the offense started turning it over. Just disgusting.

Hehe -- how soon everyone forgets some of the old "Buc Ball" games of the Dungy era.

And no -- everyone doesn't agree that Simms would be great in another system. He has a half-year of starts in which he looked OK-to-above average, and another 4 starts where he looked thoroughly overmatched the next season.

I don't see consenus, merely theorizing that maybe a different system would help him out. People say that about a lot of quarterbacks -- Patrick Ramsey comes immedaitely to mind -- but that's no guarantee at all.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#62 : October 29, 2006, 05:16:04 PM

The defense can't win every game. And today the offense started turning it over. Just disgusting.

The QB didn't turn it over though.  The first quarter was ugly but if Galloway and Clayton had held balls on their hands that was a very win-able game.

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#63 : October 29, 2006, 05:16:36 PM

Oh geez I don't know what to tell you man, I really don't...

Dallas...on the road "L" (we have no offense)

New Oleans...I'll give you that, even though the odds makers will have us an underdog and they fix he games ha

Carolina...No shot

Washington..."L" (we have no offense)

Browns..."L" on the road in cleveand in late december. One team building for the future, one team wonder what the hell happened.

Falcons...I think our worst fear came true, vick learned how to pass..."L"

Seahawks...bern't Alexander and Hasslebeck will be back

We will be lucky to get 5 wins this year.

You really know your crap man. Browns do look very very good this year. Gotta hand that one to you.

Reality bro, give it a shot...

If you didnt realise I was being sarcastic. We beat Philly and the Bengals who are both pretty damn good. So I dont care what you have to say now. Saying that we have no shot against the Browns is stupid and I think everyone on this board backs me up with that too.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#64 : October 29, 2006, 05:17:33 PM

I will sum this up in one post.  I like Grads.  I think he will make a decent backup one day.  I do not think he has the potential to be a starter in this league.  You can claim that I haven't seen enough to know this and you're right.  I don't "know" it.  I suspect it.  But I also know that none of you have seen enough to "know that he's the future.  

I do not think QB is the only reason we are losing, only part.  I think that QB will just happen to be the best value pick in round one.  I think it would be better to draft a QB that deserves to go that high than reach for a DT that doesn't.  You think the Bills would rather have Leinert right now than Whitner?  All I am saying is that if there is a possible franchise QB available, we are not strong enough at that position to ignore it.

Well put!!!

Baghead #2

#65 : October 29, 2006, 05:18:32 PM

And it's better to draft a DT that deserves to go in round one than reach for a QB. First round QB's are just as much a crap shoot as any other position.

Badabingnrt

Starter

#66 : October 29, 2006, 05:19:18 PM

The last thing we need is to try and develope a young quarterback NEXT YEAR.  We are either going to ride this one out with Gradkowski having this be his learning season, or we are going to get a guy like Jake Plummer next year.

We won't be doing ourselfs any good drafting a quarterback next year in the 1st round when we could use that for other positions like defense.  I personally like Gradkowski and as bad as he has been the past 2 weeks, we shouldn't throw him under the bus just yet.  After all it's not like when he plays bad...he plays "Chris Simms" bad.

I'm all for getting a "Steve McNair", "Jake Plummer", "Brad Johnson", "Brett Favre" veteran quarterback to lead this team next year.  That's if Gradkowski doesn't pan out...but right now he is doing decent for a rookie.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#67 : October 29, 2006, 05:21:09 PM

New Oleans...I'll give you that, even though the odds makers will have us an underdog and they fix he games ha

Carolina...No shot

Browns..."L" on the road in cleveand in late december. One team building for the future, one team wonder what the hell happened.

You really know your crap man. Browns do look very very good this year. Gotta hand that one to you.

If you didnt realise I was being sarcastic. We beat Philly and the Bengals who are both pretty damn good. So I dont care what you have to say now. Saying that we have no shot against the Browns is stupid and I think everyone on this board backs me up with that too.

We have a shot, do I think we win, nope I sure do not think that. We beat the Bengals on a phantom flag and we beat the eagles on an absolute miracle. Glad you can grab some hope from those two flukes and confide in a QB that goes 10 for 35 against a defense that is loading up against the run. Its hard throwing at man coverage ever first down isn't it??? Jesus..........

Baghead #2

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#68 : October 29, 2006, 05:21:53 PM

And it's better to draft a DT that deserves to go in round one than reach for a QB. First round QB's are just as much a crap shoot as any other position.

I agree only I think DE is more of a need. Did Tiki get anything thru the middle today. Wyms and Hovan will both stay next year and we need more improvement out of our OLD, and EXPENSIVE. Starting ends.

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#69 : October 29, 2006, 05:22:54 PM

Carolina...No shot

We have a shot, do I think we win, nope I sure do not think that. We beat the Bengals on a phantom flag and we beat the eagles on an absolute miracle. Glad you can grab some hope from those two flukes and confide in a QB that goes 10 for 35 against a defense that is loading up against the run. Its hard throwing at man coverage ever first down isn't it??? Jesus..........

What I said was winable games. Games we have a good shot a winning. So maybe you should look at what I said first.

simms22

Second String

#70 : October 29, 2006, 05:23:50 PM

in which he looked OK-to-above average, and another 4 starts where he looked thoroughly overmatched the next season.

I don't see consenus, merely theorizing that maybe a different system would help him out. People say that about a lot of quarterbacks -- Patrick Ramsey comes immedaitely to mind -- but that's no guarantee at all.
The system is designed for a mobile qb, which simms is not, so thinking he would be significantly better in another system is not out of the question. Favre sucked in ATL and was in a system that didnt fit him and went to GB and is now a future HOF. Being in a system that is more geared toward simms strengths would only help him. Not saying he would be so much better than he was here, just saying it would be more favorable for him.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#71 : October 29, 2006, 05:24:05 PM

But we aren't just talking about round 1.  We are talking about very high in round one.  If there were a DT rated as high as the QB I'd probably take the DT because it's usually safer.  But there are no DT's anywhere near the level of Quinn or Brohm in this draft.  I think we'll be in postion to take one of them, and I think we should do it.  You disagree and that's fine.  I'm just giving my opinion.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#72 : October 29, 2006, 05:27:20 PM

The rookie year of any QB is almost totally non-indicative of his ability. We won't "know" anything about Gradkowski based on what he does.

Still, he "hit" 3 deep balls today, into that wind, that the WR's dropped. He still isn't making the killing us mistakes that a lot of rookies do. He's not superman and he's not gonna win games for us by and large. Your best hope with most rookie QB's is they don't lose you games and he's doing his job of doing that.

And Gruden loves him.  After every drive and/or mistake he went straight to Gruden and they talked.......a little different to the Chris Simms experiment.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#73 : October 29, 2006, 05:27:59 PM

I agree only I think DE is more of a need. Did Tiki get anything thru the middle today. Wyms and Hovan will both stay next year and we need more improvement out of our OLD, and EXPENSIVE. Starting ends.

I'm all in on going after gaines adams (he will be a top 5 pick) or Marcus Thomas (he has really stood out to me in some of the florida games I have seen)

Again, Wyms and Hovan are adequate, can we do better, absolutely. Wyms is much better at rushing than booger but I still think we need something new inside. Very pivitol position on these defense, the UT is.

Baghead #2

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#74 : October 29, 2006, 05:28:37 PM

I'm just using DT as an example.  I wouldn't mind seeing a DE draft in round one either.  My only concern it that there isn't one worth a high pick.  Gaines Adams and Quentin Moses are living off hype from last season.  Neither is having a great year.

Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: QB in Round 1 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools