Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: QB in Round 1 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 15

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 29, 2006, 04:37:57 PM

More than likely we will see a QB signed in free agency, and Grads, Luke, and FA will battle for the starting job. This team needs youth on Defense; I hope we address that in the draft.
This draft looks pretty bad for defense. We need to address that in free agency.

What a very genralized ignorant comment.

Look at that the players in college.  Who among them is worth a top 5 pick?  I'm not going to get into a pissing match with you, but don't call me ignorant again.

Didnt call you ignorant. I called your comment ignorant. You just cannot say a draft is weak with defensive players. It just isnt SO! And I can put money on it that we wont have a top 5 pick.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#16 : October 29, 2006, 04:38:32 PM

Let's use our first round pick on a QB every year. Then, when they stink (like rookie QB's always do) we can draft another one the next year.

He will probably still suck in his first year as well.  But the odds that he will get better are higher.  Grads is sucking now, as all rookies do, but I just don't see anything that says there's sunshine over the horizon.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#17 : October 29, 2006, 04:38:41 PM

Guys, think about this, Grads is a 6th round QB. His skills are maginal, how can you not see that.

Yeah I can grow with Leinart, young, cutler, they have elite skill. Grads has marginal abilities...

Gradkowski, WTH is he really going to do??? Come on guys, can we be real around here for once???

Baghead #2

Larry Brackins

Starter
#18 : October 29, 2006, 04:39:35 PM

I am starting to question Gradkowski myself.

I really like Troy Smith.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#19 : October 29, 2006, 04:40:34 PM

More than likely we will see a QB signed in free agency, and Grads, Luke, and FA will battle for the starting job. This team needs youth on Defense; I hope we address that in the draft.
This draft looks pretty bad for defense. We need to address that in free agency.

Look at that the players in college. Who among them is worth a top 5 pick? I'm not going to get into a pissing match with you, but don't call me ignorant again.

Didnt call you ignorant. I called your comment ignorant. You just cannot say a draft is weak with defensive players. It just isnt SO! And I can put money on it that we wont have a top 5 pick.

It's weak at the top is what I mean.  Like it or not, we are going to be picking near the top.  You can bet all the money you like, but that won't change it.

BuccoJD

Starter

#20 : October 29, 2006, 04:40:52 PM

Cmon guys lets face the facts...

Grad is an undersized 6th rounder with very little upside. Defensive coordinators are starting to figure him out, but he could evolve into a VERY solid #2 QB.

We need help at the QB position.

#21 : October 29, 2006, 04:41:00 PM

I take it that by "real" you mean short sighted as most of the fans here usually are.

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#22 : October 29, 2006, 04:42:06 PM

No rookie QB shows up and looks great -- especially when they lack a big-time running game to lean on every week.

I don't get what people expected? I mean -- seriously, we're starting a rookie QB with a marginal run game and a mediocre defense. We SHOULD lose more games than we win.

What the hell does everyone want? This is what Rookie QBs do -- they miss throws, they miss reads, they generally look bad.

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#23 : October 29, 2006, 04:42:15 PM

Look at that the players in college. Who among them is worth a top 5 pick? I'm not going to get into a pissing match with you, but don't call me ignorant again.

It's weak at the top is what I mean.  Like it or not, we are going to be picking near the top.  You can bet all the money you like, but that won't change it.

In my honest opinion we have atleast 7 winable games ahead. The Giants game going in was not a winable one. So dont freak out and think we pickin top 5 because we lost.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#24 : October 29, 2006, 04:44:44 PM

NO! WAY MORE NEEDS THAN QB. I find that Gradkowski has a very nice shot at becoming very good for us. He is a rookie give him a break. He was a 6th round draft choice... look at his progress. At this rate he will be very good.

Dude are blind or just a freaking idiot??? The dude went 10-50 today for 20 yards. Get a grip, get off the board and get some more kool-aid.

Look at his progess, speaks for itself and our coach continues on playing the guy, its embarassing

LOOK AT THE **CENSORED**ING PLAY CALLS DUMB ASS! It was sad really. No consistent run game and no support from his recievers. Not to mention the wind. A bad game YES but is he obiously not a QB of the future NO. So im not going to leave the board because your being a little immature dog because the bucs lost. Yeah... we are all upset but dont sit there and chastise a rookie QB.

LMAO, litte immature dog ??? WTF??? Dude check this out, Gradkowski sux! The play calling sux! The dude went 10-35 or some crap! How can you watch the game, walk away and go, dag gum it, playcalling sux but grads gave it shot?

HE IS A ROOKIE, A ROOKIE QB, A ROOKIE QB THAT SUX....hence his 6th round selection....Yeah tom brady, one in a million the guy is 6'4" has a rocket for an arm, played at michigan. Grads, 6' nothing, no arm and can scramble, played at toledo.....Get real bro.

Baghead #2

netsbucscardsfan

Second String

#25 : October 29, 2006, 04:45:05 PM

how about that guy that played for us last year he was pretty good when we mixed our run and pass plays, which we havent done at all this year

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#26 : October 29, 2006, 04:46:14 PM

It's weak at the top is what I mean. Like it or not, we are going to be picking near the top. You can bet all the money you like, but that won't change it.

In my honest opinion we have atleast 7 winable games ahead. The Giants game going in was not a winable one. So dont freak out and think we pickin top 5 because we lost.

HAHAHA, holy crap I gotta here this, where are your 7??? Who are they??? LMAO!

Seriously gruden, how did you get on the computer so quick I know there is a post game press conference but damn...

Baghead #2

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#27 : October 29, 2006, 04:46:38 PM

It's weak at the top is what I mean. Like it or not, we are going to be picking near the top. You can bet all the money you like, but that won't change it.

It has nothing to do with the fact that we lost today.  It has to do with the fact that we've played 7 games and lost 5 of them.  And the "winnable" games we've played, we still lost.  The games we've one were flukes.  It took a phantom roughing the passer call and a 62 yeard FG just to get to 2-5.  

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#28 : October 29, 2006, 04:47:31 PM

HE IS A ROOKIE, A ROOKIE QB, A ROOKIE QB THAT SUX....hence his 6th round selection....Yeah tom brady, one in a million the guy is 6'4" has a rocket for an arm, played at michigan. Grads, 6' nothing, no arm and can scramble, played at toledo.....Get real bro.

I don't see how you can have a rookie QB throw 48 times on the road in, what was, an 11 point game and not think he's just being thrown to the dogs.

How can you have a read on this guy yet?

gone

Hall of Famer
#29 : October 29, 2006, 04:49:19 PM

Look at that the players in college.  Who among them is worth a top 5 pick?  I'm not going to get into a pissing match with you, but don't call me ignorant again.

Um, this draft IS weak on defense.  That's not an ignorant statement.  All drafts were not created equal...
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 15
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: QB in Round 1 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools