Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who won on the first day of this draft? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

calicojack

Starter
: April 29, 2007, 10:09:33 AM

I'm not sold on Cleveland as most of you are.  The '08 1st round pick plus a 2nd this year for Quinn makes the deal very costly.  I think his slide was, indeed,  based on his talent.  He'll be a good game manager at best.

The Dream Team

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#1 : April 29, 2007, 10:09:59 AM

Cowboys won
traded back
picked up a 1st round next year
traded up and got Anthony Spencer

Does that help them win this year? The Falcons got three starters with 1st round talent, and many teams did a better job than the Cowboys.
sure,Spencer on one side and Ware on the other. Its a wrap

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#2 : April 29, 2007, 10:01:15 AM

I think for the most part that the NFC South teams had the best drafts by far except for maybe the Saints

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#3 : April 29, 2007, 09:56:04 AM

Cowboys won
traded back

Does that help them win this year?  The Falcons got three starters with 1st round talent, and many teams did a better job than the Cowboys.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#4 : April 29, 2007, 09:54:04 AM

Cowboys won
traded back

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

flashgordon

Pro Bowler
#5 : April 29, 2007, 12:12:34 AM

Green Bay and Jacksonville.  San Diego did o.k. with what they had.

49er's will probably have the best draft.

The Bucs did maybe better than San Diego, but I'm not seeing much for the Bucs on the second day.  I'd like to see that Fb and maybe Dt MeBean and not in that order.  The seventh round looks pretty pedestrian for the Bucs.  I can see the Bucs getting some interesting players with the their first two picks, but Fb and Te seem to be the two biggest positions that they can upgrade with.  I'd like another Dt but admit that the Dt's that remain probably won't be much more than we have.  We could pick up another safety who could stick and maybe become a starter . . . o.k. Safety and then Fb with the fifth rounder.

SB4TB

Starter

#6 : April 29, 2007, 12:15:03 AM

Carolina did pretty good. even though it pains me to say it.  49ers did well too.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#7 : April 29, 2007, 12:17:02 AM

Who won on the first day of this draft?

Every single team.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#8 : April 29, 2007, 12:19:41 AM

Miami, 'cause Ginn at 9 was a ...OK I just threw up in my mouth a little.

The Browns getting a LT and a Quinn was either the BEST move or the Biggest bust, time will only tell.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#9 : April 29, 2007, 12:20:55 AM

Browns landing JT and Quinn has to be the best first day of the draft.  A potential franchise QB and OT.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#10 : April 29, 2007, 12:21:33 AM

Who won on the first day of this draft?

Every single team.

Gotta disagree, every single player drafted$$$$$$$$$$$$$

gone

Hall of Famer
#11 : April 29, 2007, 12:29:47 AM

CLE hands down.  Quinn was a situational fall, not a talent fall.  To get a franchise LOT and Franchise QB on the same day is impossible to beat.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#12 : April 29, 2007, 12:31:37 AM

Cleveland getting both Joe Thomas and Brady Quinn was a coup.

Miami did well too. I thought they were insane for passing on Quinn and going for TGII, but Beck I think can be a good QB for them.

NFC North got some dynamic players in CJ and AP.

It was an interesting day. I thought the Bucs did the best in the NFC South.

bensooner

Practice Squad

#13 : April 29, 2007, 12:38:15 AM

I'm not sure where you can begin to get after Miami for the Ginn pick. Did anyone read Dalbuc's research on big receiver busts? Not saying it holds true to this pick, but speed kills in the NFL. Ginn will be on the field right away and for a long time as a punt/kick returner and instantly adds a "stretch the field" wrinkle to the Miami offense. I love the pick personally, he's a legit 4.2 guy if he wasn't hampered by that foot. I give credit to Miami by making a bold move and showing confidence in Culpepper, a guy they invested a 2nd round pick in.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#14 : April 29, 2007, 01:48:59 AM

The two teams that did bad IMO were Packers/Miami

Good pains to say it the Kitties. And I love 3 out of 4 picks (havent seen enough of Black to make a judgement.) But its nice to know you forsure will have 3 starters on day 1 possibly 4.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who won on the first day of this draft? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools