Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: We need our #1 QB back « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

BucsAddict

Starter

#45 : October 30, 2006, 09:55:02 AM

No way. Gradkowski is STILL better than Simms.

rofl your on crack

==================================================
Gruden: Simms is gonna be a helluva quaterback- unless I screw it up.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#46 : October 30, 2006, 09:56:38 AM

Becht was open on 4th and 1, but Bruce was running for his life.  So what good is that? 
Wasn't Simms running for his life against the falcons when he missed Hilliard in the end zone? Why was it not OK then?

buckit

Hall of Famer

#47 : October 30, 2006, 04:10:36 PM

You know, I found myself wishing Simms were available.  He's clearly more seasoned than Grads and with the O-line and run game up to snuff (see the Carolina game) the guy's got game.  The biggest difference I noticed was in arm strentgh.  Simms has the arm necessary to zip the ball in that damn wind, while Grads didn't seem to. 

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#48 : October 30, 2006, 04:19:27 PM

Can you all seriously tell me that with the better O line play, we wouldn't be better off with Chis Simms as our QB?????

I can. Let me make it clear:

HE.
DOESN'T.
FIT.
THE.
SYSTEM.

Not only that, but he still doesn't "get" the offense. He lost support among some staff and players, some of whom wanted Grads to start from day one this season. He's slow to process information, he doesn't make good choices, he gets the ball of so slowly he gets way too many passes batted down, and he's as mobile as Mount Rushmore. All of this after the time he's already spent in the system.

But he does have a nice long ball.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#49 : October 30, 2006, 04:21:34 PM

Simms had minimal chances, and was limited to 3 step drops because the line was struggling against those great Ds. Thus he had a lot of balls batted down.

Wrong. He wasn't "limited" to three-step drops, he "limited" three-step drops. Three-step drops are a fundamental part of this offense. Either handle them properly, or get on down the road.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#50 : October 30, 2006, 04:24:36 PM

So because Grads is a rookie all of you guys are fine with what has been suck@ss offense? It is almost too horrible to watch!

Then stop. Please.

Buc u

Practice Squad

#51 : October 30, 2006, 05:30:02 PM

We need to sign and trade Simms we need to get something for him.

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#52 : October 30, 2006, 05:43:23 PM

Brian Griese?! He already signed with The Bears..

He was the one we should not of let go..

buckit

Hall of Famer

#53 : October 30, 2006, 05:47:36 PM

Brian Griese?! He already signed with The Bears..

He was the one we should not of let go..

Don't know if you said that  jokeingly or not, but I agree.  I wish he were here as our #2...

Dear Glazers,

Thank you,
--the fans

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#54 : October 30, 2006, 05:50:06 PM

I ment it.. I think he did a great job last year before the injury.. I thought he was worth signing just to have a vet backup atleast.. but the bucs see cutting the QB a easy way to free cap..

Letting Ian Gold go was also another mistake.. We had a GREAT linebacker that would of been perfect to take over for brooks.. they should of cut brooks and gave it to gold.. But Some of the fans were in such an uproar over sapp and lynch going they got scared..

CSimms02

Rookie

#55 : October 30, 2006, 06:05:22 PM

Bucco, omg i totally agree with u...simms needs to come back and play to prove to everyone that he is a good QB he just had a few bad games...

buckit

Hall of Famer

#56 : October 30, 2006, 06:22:45 PM

I ment it.. I think he did a great job last year before the injury.. I thought he was worth signing just to have a vet backup atleast.. but the bucs see cutting the QB a easy way to free cap..

Letting Ian Gold go was also another mistake.. We had a GREAT linebacker that would of been perfect to take over for brooks.. they should of cut brooks and gave it to gold.. But Some of the fans were in such an uproar over sapp and lynch going they got scared..

Ian Gold is outstanding.  I miss him A LOT...

Dear Glazers,

Thank you,
--the fans

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#57 : October 31, 2006, 08:38:05 AM

First off, Becht was not wide open. Watch with your own eyes and stop taking everything the broadcaster says as gospel. On the replay we saw Becht looked open but almost immediately a safety popped in on the right of the screen. He was there the whole time just waiting for Grads to throw that pass. Too bad Simms wasn't playing, that safety would have had 6!

It's called a seam and that's where you have to zip it in there like Peyton does. That's why he is so good on seam routes. If that safety shades over then you have to quickly look for a play on his backside.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#58 : October 31, 2006, 08:42:09 AM

First off, why in the world is becht on the field instead of Smith???

Baghead #2

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#59 : October 31, 2006, 08:44:38 AM

So because Grads is a rookie all of you guys are fine with what has been suck@ss offense? It is almost too horrible to watch!

Sort of like a cop out...ya think?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: We need our #1 QB back « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools