Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: We need our #1 QB back « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

BuccoJD

Starter

« : October 29, 2006, 04:59:06 PM »

Okay I was gonna make this post last week, but I didn't want to be torn apart from all the Grad supporters...

Today was another below average performance form Bruce. I know it was a windy day where he had no support from WRs and a lack of a running game, but his inability to make consistent throws on target (and down the field) worries me. We also need to realize that Bruce has finally started playing good pass rushing defenses.

Simms played against - Baltimore, Atlanta, and Carolina. We had O line troubles in all of those games, but remember how Chris played against Carolina in the 2nd half.

Bruce had some success against NO and Cinci, but hes looked pathetic against the Eagles and Giants. The O-Line hasn't been the problem as they allowed Bruce to drop back with plenty of time in every game, and he has usually missed Galloway deep, whereas Chris Simms throws one of the best ddep balls in the NFL.

Also look at the batted balls from Gradkowski today...another problem that everyone blamed totally on Chris.

I say that Bruce will be a great #2, but we need our #1 starter Chris Simms back in Tampa for 07.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

« #1 : October 29, 2006, 05:00:43 PM »

No way. Gradkowski is STILL better than Simms.

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

« #2 : October 29, 2006, 05:01:06 PM »

Disagree totally.

« #3 : October 29, 2006, 05:01:23 PM »

Wow. Another Simms thread. Neat.
Simms won't be here next year.
Watch and see.

BuccoJD

Starter

« #4 : October 29, 2006, 05:02:53 PM »

This thread isn't about bashing Gradkowski...its bout bringing back Simms for 07 and having him compete with Grad for the starting job.

You guys forget about how well Simms played last year and how young he still is.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #5 : October 29, 2006, 05:03:08 PM »

Okay I was gonna make this post last week, but I didn't want to be torn apart from all the Grad supporters...

Today was another below average performance form Bruce. I know it was a windy day where he had no support from WRs and a lack of a running game, but his inability to make consistent throws on target (and down the field) worries me. We also need to realize that Bruce has finally started playing good pass rushing defenses.

Simms played against - Baltimore, Atlanta, and Carolina. We had O line troubles in all of those games, but remember how Chris played against Carolina in the 2nd half.

Bruce had some success against NO and Cinci, but hes looked pathetic against the Eagles and Giants. The O-Line hasn't been the problem as they allowed Bruce to drop back with plenty of time in every game, and he has usually missed Galloway deep, whereas Chris Simms throws one of the best ddep balls in the NFL.

Also look at the batted balls from Gradkowski today...another problem that everyone blamed totally on Chris.

I say that Bruce will be a great #2, but we need our #1 starter Chris Simms back in Tampa for 07.

Grads hit Galloway twice and Clayton in the endzone on deep passes, but all three were dropped.  Oh yes and Clayton and Caddy both fumbled the ball......what do you want a rookie QB to do?

Gruden loves Grads and he isn;t keen on Simms, get used to it.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #6 : October 29, 2006, 05:04:27 PM »

I don't think Simms will ever be the answer for Gruden.  However, I think it's very fair to say the team's problems are much deeper than Simms' play earlier in the year, and anyone resting blame for those losses solely on Simms' shoulders should reevaluate their thinking.

« #7 : October 29, 2006, 05:04:37 PM »

Some people just don't get it.

Normally not my style here, but if anyone thinks Grad's is the reason we lost this game, you have ZERO ZERO ZERO ZERO clues of the game...period. 

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #8 : October 29, 2006, 05:05:22 PM »

Normally not my style here, but if anyone thinks Grad's is the reason we lost this game, you have ZERO ZERO ZERO ZERO clues of the game...period. 

AMEN.

Orangegone1

Starter

« #9 : October 29, 2006, 05:07:15 PM »

I agree that Simms may not fit Grudens offence perfectly, but I would love to see him behind a very good OL(which we may finally get do to cap room). I think Simms will price us out but if he were to sign a reasonable deal, it would be interesting.

BuccoJD

Starter

« #10 : October 29, 2006, 05:07:33 PM »

WOW did I just not say this thread isn't about bashing Grad... [banghead]

Can you all seriously tell me that with the better O line play, we wouldn't be better off with Chis Simms as our QB?????

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

« #11 : October 29, 2006, 05:10:23 PM »

Grads hit Galloway twice and Clayton in the endzone on deep passes, but all three were dropped.  Oh yes and Clayton and Caddy both fumbled the ball......what do you want a rookie QB to do?

Gruden loves Grads and he isn;t keen on Simms, get used to it.

Grads had some drops, he had some throws that were not even close, like 30 something of them...

Baghead #2

« #12 : October 29, 2006, 05:08:17 PM »

Simms is no longer in position to draw a big payday....at least not right now....not after the surgery.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

« #13 : October 29, 2006, 05:09:36 PM »

The voice of reason! That was refreshing, thanks! Grads is backup material at best, its unimaginable how people jump on the bandwagon of a guy, unreal...

Baghead #2

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #14 : October 29, 2006, 05:10:58 PM »

Can you all seriously tell me that with the better O line play, we wouldn't be better off with Chis Simms as our QB?????

What better O-line play?  Davis had his worst game of the season today.  The O-line looks a little better because we have a mobile QB back there.....that was Gruden explanation on Monday.   ;)

Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: We need our #1 QB back « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools