Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: We need our #1 QB back « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

simms22

Second String

#15 : October 29, 2006, 05:11:33 PM

After today im not sure either is the answer, but both are fairly young so i wouldnt be so opposed to bringing simms back for cheap to atleast compete. Its hard to expect a 6th round qb to develop into a solid nfl starter, when only around 11 percent of qbs drafted 5th round or later have become nfl starters. We have alot more problems than Grads, but Grads wasnt exactly great either. We have the rest of the season to find out if hes the answer so we will see.

BuccoJD

Starter

#16 : October 29, 2006, 05:14:34 PM

Can you all seriously tell me that with the better O line play, we wouldn't be better off with Chis Simms as our QB?????

What better O-line play?  Davis had his worst game of the season today.  The O-line looks a little better because we have a mobile QB back there.....that was Gruden explanation on Monday.   ;)

Numerous times the O-Line has allowed Grad to drop back and throw the deep ball (which he has struggled with).

Simms had minimal chances, and was limited to 3 step drops because the line was struggling against those great Ds. Thus he had a lot of balls batted down.

vipmark

Starter
#17 : October 29, 2006, 05:15:14 PM

Jeez, Grads has'nt even played half a season yet....but he has played well enough to win every game.

gone

Hall of Famer
#18 : October 29, 2006, 05:22:04 PM

Some people just don't get it.

Normally not my style here, but if anyone thinks Grad's is the reason we lost this game, you have ZERO ZERO ZERO ZERO clues of the game...period.

WOW did I just not say this thread isn't about bashing Grad... [banghead]

Can you all seriously tell me that with the better O line play, we wouldn't be better off with Chis Simms as our QB?????
I can.  Simms sucks, period.  Even counting today Grads' has been an improvement.  ANd he's a rook compared to a 4th year player...

BuccoJD

Starter

#19 : October 29, 2006, 05:39:22 PM

Ha...at least defenses respected Simms...did you ever think to blame the poor running game on Grad.

Every defensive coordinator is going to make Grad beat them...they expect the run and stop it.We need a passing game to open up the running game. It worsk both ways.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#20 : October 29, 2006, 05:44:43 PM

I agree that Simms may not fit Grudens offence perfectly, but I would love to see him behind a very good OL(which we may finally get do to cap room). I think Simms will price us out but if he were to sign a reasonable deal, it would be interesting.
THEN CHANGE THE FREAKING OFFENSE!!!!!!!!! Gruden's offense is not working!!!!!! And Grads is NOT the answer unless the question is who does Gruden have a man-crush on!

gone

Hall of Famer
#21 : October 29, 2006, 05:46:35 PM

Ha...at least defenses respected Simms...did you ever think to blame the poor running game on Grad.

Every defensive coordinator is going to make Grad beat them...they expect the run and stop it.We need a passing game to open up the running game. It worsk both ways.
Defenses respected Simms?  LOL
THats why they put up 8-9 man fronts on us when he was in...

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 29, 2006, 05:52:10 PM

Whos our #1 QB?  Doug Williams? Vinny?  Brad?  Sure as hell aint Simms.

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#23 : October 29, 2006, 05:53:41 PM

Okay I was gonna make this post last week, but I didn't want to be torn apart from all the Grad supporters...

Today was another below average performance form Bruce. I know it was a windy day where he had no support from WRs and a lack of a running game, but his inability to make consistent throws on target (and down the field) worries me. We also need to realize that Bruce has finally started playing good pass rushing defenses.

Simms played against - Baltimore, Atlanta, and Carolina. We had O line troubles in all of those games, but remember how Chris played against Carolina in the 2nd half.

Bruce had some success against NO and Cinci, but hes looked pathetic against the Eagles and Giants. The O-Line hasn't been the problem as they allowed Bruce to drop back with plenty of time in every game, and he has usually missed Galloway deep, whereas Chris Simms throws one of the best ddep balls in the NFL.

Also look at the batted balls from Gradkowski today...another problem that everyone blamed totally on Chris.

I say that Bruce will be a great #2, but we need our #1 starter Chris Simms back in Tampa for 07.

Grads hit Galloway twice and Clayton in the endzone on deep passes, but all three were dropped.  Oh yes and Clayton and Caddy both fumbled the ball......what do you want a rookie QB to do?

Gruden loves Grads and he isn;t keen on Simms, get used to it.

I thought the thing that pissed you off the most MJS was not seeing wide open WR's? How about Becht wide open on 4th and 1???

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#24 : October 29, 2006, 05:55:14 PM

Becht was open on 4th and 1, but Bruce was running for his life.  So what good is that? 

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#25 : October 29, 2006, 05:57:38 PM

Becht was open on 4th and 1, but Bruce was running for his life.  So what good is that? 

That would be too obvious for Abuccs to acknowledge.   ;)   And WTF is Gruden calling a play that the game hangs on and sending Becht downfield.

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#26 : October 29, 2006, 05:59:54 PM

That would be too obvious for Abuccs to acknowledge.   ;)   And WTF is Gruden calling a play that the game hangs on and sending Becht downfield.

He would have been better served blocking

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#27 : October 29, 2006, 06:09:44 PM

He would have been better served blocking

Some of the play calling was awful today.......the toss to Caddy that was fumbled was a dumb play.

gharen

Pro Bowler

#28 : October 29, 2006, 06:14:11 PM

First off, Becht was not wide open. Watch with your own eyes and stop taking everything the broadcaster says as gospel. On the replay we saw Becht looked open but almost immediately a safety popped in on the right of the screen. He was there the whole time just waiting for Grads to throw that pass. Too bad Simms wasn't playing, that safety would have had 6!

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#29 : October 29, 2006, 06:15:59 PM

More judgement of rookie QB after 4 games. I have never seen such nonsense from
allegedly "smart" football fans. Totally clueless.

For all those telling us that noodle arm Grads can't hit the long ball, what do you
say now? One week later and he was right on the money. Isn't that amazing?

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: We need our #1 QB back « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools