Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: BUCS DRAFT DE PETERSON IN ROUND 5 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

benir0

Hall of Famer

#15 : April 29, 2007, 01:15:28 PM

Here's a scouting report on Greg Peterson. http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/de/gregpeterson.html

Thanks.

Larry Brackins

Starter
#16 : April 29, 2007, 01:15:37 PM

He's a DT. I think we could have done worse with this pick.

Not bad.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#17 : April 29, 2007, 01:15:42 PM

Goodbye Wymms. And possibly Spires. Out with the old and expensive in with the new.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

zed

Pro Bowler

#18 : April 29, 2007, 01:15:52 PM

Is it really a need having taken Gaines in the 1st and having Rice, Spires, Carter, Wyms and 2 late picks last year already?
Yes.  Gaines Adams is better than all of them except Rice and if he exceeds expectations, may even be better in his rookie year.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#19 : April 29, 2007, 01:16:02 PM

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2007/peterson_greg

Poor three-tech pass rusher, as he fails to split double teams and gets cut often working through trash … When aligned at defensive tackle, he struggles to get a good squeeze on the pocket, as he spends too much time trying to shed against combo blocks... He is a classic edge rusher who plays multiple positions, but struggles to avoid low blocks and split double teams as a defensive tackle.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#20 : April 29, 2007, 01:16:10 PM

The guy has been described as "relentless" as a pass rusher. I like relentless.

Relentless is a very good word

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#21 : April 29, 2007, 01:16:18 PM

Mike Mayock from NFL Network says he loves this pick, and that this guy fits exactly what we want to do with the "three technic".

Yeah well his own network disagrees with him: http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2007/peterson_greg

Excellent edge rusher, but his weight room strength fails to translate to the field when trying to work in-line … Poor three-tech pass rusher, as he fails to split double teams and gets cut often working through trash … Needs to improve his overall stamina, as he will disappear for long stretches later in games...is most effective when attacking the pocket by coming off the edge...When aligned at defensive tackle, he struggles to get a good squeeze on the pocket, as he spends too much time trying to shed against combo blocks...Playing him at end will get the best out of his raw talent.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

#22 : April 29, 2007, 01:16:41 PM

glad to hear something positive a bout him because I nearly turned off the tv after this pick. Mason Crosby, Troy Smith, Rufus Alexander and Ben Patrick still tehre and we take someone from North Carolina Central. I have faith in the FO but this smelled of Julian Jenkins last eyar (which was a pick that was not good the moment it was made)

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#23 : April 29, 2007, 01:17:08 PM

Mike Maycok just said he loves this guy.  He said he is the perfect player for the Bucs style of D for a 3 technique.  He said he reminds him of Warren Sapp 20 pounds ago.  He had a great first step and has great quickness for an interior lineman.  He loves the pick.  He said he is a great player who went un-noticed because he went to a small school.

I give the scouts a lot of credit for finding this guy.

BTW.  NFL Network's coverage > ESPN.

Ditto...NFL Network coverage 110% > ESPN

You Can't Spell SCUM Without The

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#24 : April 29, 2007, 01:17:30 PM

Actually I think he may end up being a LDE not an undertackle.  We shall see.  

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#25 : April 29, 2007, 01:17:40 PM

More on Peterson:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2007/peterson_greg

magicfan39126

Pro Bowler

#26 : April 29, 2007, 01:17:59 PM

Thats faaaaaaaaast for a DT.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#27 : April 29, 2007, 01:18:30 PM

Goodbye Wymms. And possibly Spires. Out with the old and expensive in with the new.

Let's not get hasty. This guy has the stink of other notable day 2 reaches and flops we've had. Don't see where this guy wasn't gonna be there much, much later.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#28 : April 29, 2007, 01:19:08 PM

Mike Mayock from NFL Network says he loves this pick, and that this guy fits exactly what we want to do with the "three technic".

Yeah well his own network disagrees with him: http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2007/peterson_greg

Excellent edge rusher, but his weight room strength fails to translate to the field when trying to work in-line … Poor three-tech pass rusher, as he fails to split double teams and gets cut often working through trash … Needs to improve his overall stamina, as he will disappear for long stretches later in games...is most effective when attacking the pocket by coming off the edge...When aligned at defensive tackle, he struggles to get a good squeeze on the pocket, as he spends too much time trying to shed against combo blocks...Playing him at end will get the best out of his raw talent.

Why don't you post the positive piece of that article?

I mean it is 5 times larger than the negative side.

You Can't Spell SCUM Without The

CrAsH_oVeRdRiVe

Rookie

#29 : April 29, 2007, 01:19:31 PM

I'll take Mike's word before I'll take NFL.com's words. I trust the guy breaking down tape infront of my very own eyes than some words on a computer screen.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: BUCS DRAFT DE PETERSON IN ROUND 5 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools