Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: BUCS DRAFT DE PETERSON IN ROUND 5 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#30 : April 29, 2007, 01:19:34 PM

All I know is what I could find on ESPN.  He's got good size.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#31 : April 29, 2007, 01:19:38 PM

Goodbye Wymms. And possibly Spires. Out with the old and expensive in with the new.

I don't think we can afford to get rid of Wyms because of a 5th round developmental prospect.  It would be one thing if we were desperate for cap space, but we're still pretty darned thin at DT.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#32 : April 29, 2007, 01:19:48 PM

BAM! BABY!

Gruden is DOING IT BIG this year!

I am STOKED, JACKED UP, and SMILING FROM EAR TO EAR!  My stomach has that "excited" tingle man...I can't wait to see the lineup!

That defense is going to rain hellfire in a few years!

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#33 : April 29, 2007, 01:20:28 PM

Guy seems like he could be a monster for us with some coaching.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#34 : April 29, 2007, 01:20:33 PM

i dont know.  i like our draft up until this point but if we were targeting a DT in the 5th, i have a hard time passing up Keith Jackson, Antonio Johnson, Jeremy Clark in favor  of a tweener from a small school.  This seems like another classic case of us getting cute and drafting a tweener guy because of his versatility and overlooking otehr players because they are only good at one position.  Its Julian Jenkins vs Mark Anderson all over again.  

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#35 : April 29, 2007, 01:21:59 PM

Awesome. I've been lobbying for an explosive DT since the start of today and looks like we have it. Good move.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#36 : April 29, 2007, 01:22:10 PM

Yeah well his own network disagrees with him: http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2007/peterson_greg

Ummm, NFL.com draft profiles are not NFL Network draft analyses. So...no.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#37 : April 29, 2007, 01:23:22 PM

The Devil Rays of the NFL.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#38 : April 29, 2007, 01:22:43 PM

Here the rest of the Scouting report minus the above posted small amount of negatives.

A relentless pass rusher, Peterson established himself as one of the most gifted defensive linemen in the small college ranks as a senior. The former Hinds Community College prospect needed a season to ease into the Eagles' system, but once the coaches unleashed him in 2006, he wreaked havoc in opposing backfields. He would go on to rank seventh in Division II with 19½ stops behind the line of scrimmage.

Peterson attended East Duplin High School, where he was named all-conference and all-state. He was selected East Duplin's Male Athlete of the Year as a senior and earned team Most Valuable Player honors.

In order to improve his academics, Peterson enrolled at Hinds Community College in 2003. He appeared in 14 games as a reserve defensive end while recovering from a strained right rotator cuff. As a sophomore in 2004, he earned first team All-Mississippi and all-region recognition. He was selected to the Mississippi junior college All-Star game, finishing his two-year career with 92 tackles and 11 sacks.

Peterson transferred to North Carolina Central in 2005, where he started all 12 games at defensive end. Peterson led all defensive linemen and ranked third on the team with 56 tackles (20 solos), including six stops for loss and three sacks. He amassed a season-high 10 tackles in a regular-season contest with Bowie State, then had an acrobatic interception in the second half of the conference championship game deep in Bulldog territory to help change the momentum of the game in favor of the Eagles.

Peterson was an All-American, Black College All-American, all-region and All-Central Intercollegiate Athletics Association defensive lineman in 2006. He ranked seventh in Division II with 19½ tackles for loss, leading the team with 7½ sacks and finished with 48 tackles (21 solos).

During his time at North Carolina Central, Peterson started all 24 games he played in. He registered 104 tackles (41 solos) with 10½ stops for minus-61 yards, 25½ stops for losses of 93 yards and five quarterback pressures. He caused three fumbles and recovered two others. He deflected two passes, intercepted another and blocked one kick.

Positives: Has a thick, muscular upper-body frame with a tight midsection and adequate muscle tone in his legs … His pass-rush technique needs refinement, but he gets most of his success there with great effort and a quick burst off the snap … Has that sudden burst off the snap to surprise a lethargic offensive lineman and shows good balance knifing his way down the line … Very active with his hands to execute counter moves and get under the blocker's jersey to slip off his man and make plays in pursuit … Struggles some in the classroom, but does a fine job of taking plays from the chalkboard to the playing field … Very intense in his forward thrust off the ball early in games, but needs to maintain that pad level as he tends to get tall in his stance when he tires later on … Has a good feel for blocking pressure and has the vision to see schemes unfold in front of him, making quick decisions on how to react … Will get washed out by double teams, especially when trying to shoot the inside gaps, but is most effective when attacking the pocket by coming off the edge … Combative using his hands to disengage and has the knee bend to sidestep low blocks … Has the frame to add more bulk without it affecting his overall quickness … Decent wrap-up tackler, but is more effective when he uses his long arms to engulf and drag down the ball carrier … Has the burst to bend around the edge and needs to have a free lane on the outside to be more effective in pressuring the pocket.

You Can't Spell SCUM Without The

JG2CJ

Practice Squad

#39 : April 29, 2007, 01:23:00 PM

Great. You have the worst offense in the league and you spend all your free agent money on defense. Then you follow that up by draft defensive ends and defensive backs for you scout team. This good for the defense but you still have a joke of an offense and you didn't improve yourself at a single position on offense. Tell who is going to score points? Is Cadillac going to rush for 30 TDs? No probably won't even get 10. Same with Clayton and Hillard. You would be lucky to get 10 TDs between the two of them. The bucs offense skill positions are so weak I could shut them down with a high school defense. Nobody on this francise is ever remotely a weapon outside of Galloway who is in his 40's. If Galloway gets hurt Tampa could actually set the league record for fewest points in a season. I am having serious doubts about the front offense and their ability to even evaluate team needs.

#40 : April 29, 2007, 01:23:13 PM

That defense is going to rain hellfire in a few years!

Its gonna have to.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#41 : April 29, 2007, 01:23:59 PM

I'll take Mike's word before I'll take NFL.com's words. I trust the guy breaking down tape infront of my very own eyes than some words on a computer screen.

Yes, the written word is so unreliable.

Maylock is good but this kid isn't what Sapp was, if he was he's not going in round 5 so you'd have to think you need to put down the beer to even think Mayock is serious since he's got the wrong build and when the breakdown specially deals with his 3 technique skills myabe you'd better not just want to hear the sunshine n' rainbows point of view.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#42 : April 29, 2007, 01:24:22 PM

Great. You have the worst offense in the league and you spend all your free agent money on defense. Then you follow that up by draft defensive ends and defensive backs for you scout team. This good for the defense but you still have a joke of an offense and you didn't improve yourself at a single position on offense. Tell who is going to score points? Is Cadillac going to rush for 30 TDs? No probably won't even get 10. Same with Clayton and Hillard. You would be lucky to get 10 TDs between the two of them. The bucs offense skill positions are so weak I could shut them down with a high school defense. Nobody on this francise is ever remotely a weapon outside of Galloway who is in his 40's. If Galloway gets hurt Tampa could actually set the league record for fewest points in a season. I am having serious doubts about the front offense and their ability to even evaluate team needs.

Hilarious.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#43 : April 29, 2007, 01:25:08 PM

After what happened with Julian Jenkins people have the right to question this pick.  Still I think Peterson will end up as a project at LDE.

I do not think Peterson was drafted to play undertackle but that is my opinion.

Larry Brackins

Starter
#44 : April 29, 2007, 01:25:47 PM

Hilarious.
Seriously.

We went out and improved the QB position and upgraded the OL. I would have liked a WR too, but I have no prblem with us going nearly all D.

It was long overdue.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: BUCS DRAFT DE PETERSON IN ROUND 5 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools