Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If we had landed Jeff Garcia, would this year be different? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 05, 2006, 01:09:16 PM

I've never been a big Garcia fan, but to his credit he did play well last night.

Nevertheless, had he been in Tampa, he may have done more harm than good in the long run. By that I mean now that we are clearly struggling the weaknesses of this team have been exposed for everyone to see. So now it's alot more clear what we have to address in the off-season.

With Garcia at the helm playing well, he may have just wound up being a smokescreen that allowed Gruden to mask the ?'s on this team for another year..

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#16 : December 05, 2006, 01:14:39 PM

With Garcia at the helm playing well, he may have just wound up being a smokescreen that allowed Gruden to mask the ?'s on this team for another year..

If Gruden is here another year with his WCO, and we had a rookie in the wings, Garcia is the best fit for a year.   Maybe the best bet for the longterm future is draft a QB like Russell, and let Garcia start for a year.  Russell has the skill-set to play the WCO or a more traditional system if Gruden gets fired in a years time.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#17 : December 05, 2006, 01:22:36 PM

We would have won more football games, not a lot more, but a few more. And if Garcia were on the roster and healthy, Simms would have been benched rather than lost due to injury.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#18 : December 05, 2006, 01:36:02 PM

Well, I am beginning to think that our QB for next season is not on the roster. We just don't have the time, and Gruden doesn't have the time, to keep grooming Gradkowski next season. We are probably going to need to get a vet to play if we are going to win, so enter Garcia as our QB next season.

I really don't mind it. I just want to win some games next season. This year is ridiculous.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#19 : December 05, 2006, 01:37:53 PM

I am thinking if Garcia comes in for the job, he will flop hard here.

And not flop like Grads did versus Steelers Sunday either.

I mean, the man will be 38, he has no upside, and before this season is over, Garcia is going to have some games that will make you rethink your desire to have him in Tampa...trust that.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#20 : December 05, 2006, 01:46:51 PM

I'm not advocating to bring his old ass in here next year. My thought was the Bucs should've made more of a push to get him in here this past season and the outcome MIGHT be more positive.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#21 : December 05, 2006, 01:48:22 PM

I'm not advocating to bring his old ass in here next year. My thought was the Bucs should've made more of a push to get him in here this past season and the outcome MIGHT be more positive.
They could not give him the money he wanted...

They were working with "promises", and a few bucks. 

They could not have made any more effort than they did, given the state of finance.

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#22 : December 05, 2006, 03:24:32 PM

Maybe by a win or two....not a drastic difference. No use in lamenting over it now, we did all we could to get the guy to sign here.

XXXVII Champs

Second String

#23 : December 05, 2006, 03:26:04 PM

Who knows?  He signs, he falls in the shower and breaks something, then we are where we are today.  Just because you sign a "reliable" guy doesn't mean Murphy won't get him.  Every player is one play from a season ending injury.

#24 : December 05, 2006, 03:31:00 PM

They could not give him the money he wanted...

They were working with "promises", and a few bucks. 

They could not have made any more effort than they did, given the state of finance.

Isn't Garcia playing for the vet minimum?

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#25 : December 05, 2006, 03:34:10 PM

Isn't Garcia playing for the vet minimum?

That's what I heard.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If we had landed Jeff Garcia, would this year be different? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools