Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Run Blocking Stats for the OL « previous next »
Page: 1

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

: October 04, 2006, 05:13:44 PM

http://footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol.php

They got their first stats for the new year.

We have the 30th ranked run blocking OL right now. We are very good in short yardage - 80%, 7th overall. Here's the problem, for all the "cohesion" from this line the stuffed rank is 21st in the league with over 25% of our runs getting snuffed out. Thats huge becuase most of those results are blown assignments.

Here's the real shocker, the run ranks based on directionality:
Left End (Davis) - 28th
Left Tackle (Davis and Buenning) - 29th
Middle (Beunning, Wade, Mahan) - 19th
Right Tackle (Mahan, Walker) - 1st   ???
Right End (Walker) - 29th

I'd note the 1st is likely an anomoly since we only run 8% of our plays in that direction there must be one big run in the mix.  The thing is last year we were 8th and 9th running Left End and Left Tackle respectively so that area has taken a huge hit.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 04, 2006, 05:17:03 PM

I still question if AD's run blocking has been affected negatively by his weight loss in the offseason.

#2 : October 04, 2006, 05:28:51 PM

Part of the thing about Mahan being ranked so high is that 4% of our runs have gone to his spot.

Can you say 0 confidence?

Our O-line is quite sucky right now.

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#3 : October 04, 2006, 05:35:26 PM

I still question if AD's run blocking has been affected negatively by his weight loss in the offseason.

You might be right there. His pass blocking has improved tremendously, yet his run blocking is nowhere near as effective as last year right now.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

#4 : October 04, 2006, 05:38:26 PM

You might be right there. His pass blocking has improved tremendously, yet his run blocking is nowhere near as effective as last year right now.

I don't disagree, but we've been matched up against some excellent DLs so far.  Unfortunately, that will not change for the duration of the year.  We'll see...I'm hoping the rooks can come in and change things.

shall555

Starter

#5 : October 04, 2006, 05:39:50 PM

You also have to take into account that the defenses might be stacking AD/Buenning's side because the successful run plays to the right are non-existent. Make a left handed fighter, a right handed fighter and you take away his power punch.

gone

Hall of Famer
#6 : October 04, 2006, 05:50:45 PM

Yeah, everyone  knows we can't run right.  Last year we did a good job going left anyway but that was then  -- without some conversions it's hard to put together enough runs to get an effective pool to generate valid statistics off of.

#7 : October 04, 2006, 05:54:32 PM

Yeah, everyone  knows we can't run right.  Last year we did a good job going left anyway but that was then  -- without some conversions it's hard to put together enough runs to get an effective pool to generate valid statistics off of.

Agreed.  If Joseph and Trueblood are worth their salt, though, we will have a legitimate threat to run in that direction.  Oh, I hope.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 04, 2006, 07:10:09 PM

Heck, Chev and I were talking about how left-handed the team was in pre-season last year. Defenses aren't dumb, they would have figured that out a few games into last season if it made a difference just by knowing.

For some reason they did not figure out early.  The Patriots exposed the Bucs a bit and later on the Redskins in the playoffs really magnified it.  We shall see how things change with Trueblood and IF Joseph is back.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 04, 2006, 07:14:44 PM

Heck, Chev and I were talking about how left-handed the team was in pre-season last year. Defenses aren't dumb, they would have figured that out a few games into last season if it made a difference just by knowing.

Yo dawg, I have to tell you that the stats don't lie especially with what I heard on the Blitz today with Scott.  They just admitted that they were not getting it done in the run game as an offensive line...Due respect my brother...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#10 : October 04, 2006, 11:18:20 PM

O-line stats: last years rookie of the year can't run, your QB ended up in the hospital--nuff said!! >:(

Cheers

Pro Bowler

#11 : October 05, 2006, 12:02:04 AM

O-line stats: last years rookie of the year can't run, your QB ended up in the hospital--nuff said!! >:(

LOL, ouch! That cuts right to the chase Karen.  ;)

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#12 : October 05, 2006, 01:16:21 AM

LOL, ouch! That cuts right to the chase Karen. ;)
Exactly!! You can't polish a turd!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#13 : October 05, 2006, 01:34:05 AM

Actually you can try, but you get shidt on your hands.

Whatever the heck that means. :-*

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#14 : October 05, 2006, 08:28:48 AM

Are you the little dawg posting on the message board...you know Steve doesn't like message boards... ;)

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Run Blocking Stats for the OL « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools