Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Granny Busted: Another Victory for the War on Drugs!!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Lynch47

Hall of Famer

#15 : May 01, 2007, 09:36:31 AM

I have no idea where you live I can only talk about  NYC.Im not sure of the frequency of pros stings  here im not now or ever been involved in the public morals unit. But its never been a high profile thing Ive never heard at roll calls or in Compstat meeting that pros was a big target. As for posing as drug dealers Ive got no problem with that. Ive seen plenty of officers and civilians killed or hurt over drugs. Ive NEVER seen a summons written here for less than 15 mph over the speed limit and my own guidelines are 25 plus.
But while we're at it lets let everyone park everywhere and go as fast as you want on the highway. Theres rules for a reason. Does everyone deserve a summons? No. Ive let plenty of people go. Some people though do deserve a summons for the things they do.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#16 : May 01, 2007, 12:19:57 PM

Well then Joe you shouldve stated that from the beginning. Looked to me like you were bad mouthing the officers. From your last statement I guess I was wrong. As for her not being a danger do you think a 70 year old could kill a cop? I do

I don't feel it's important to spell out every idea I have on a thread on my initial post.
If you want to assume that I am bad mouthing the officers, that's your right. I'll
just correct it in a future posts.

I have confidence that most people will get the gist of "danger to society." Whether
or not she can kill a cop is irrelevant. The danger aspect was related to her marijuana
purchase. Wasn't that obvious?

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#17 : May 01, 2007, 12:41:57 PM

Apparently, some of the paper work is incomplete. Maybe some compassionate fellow
filled out the paper work incorrectly on purpose?

Or, somebody realized what a PR nightmare it would be if they prosecuted this case.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2007/05/01/2007-05-01_grannys_pot_luck.html

The ganja granny is free.

All charges against Barbara Jackson, a 71-year-old great-grandmother busted for buying two dime bags of pot, were dropped yesterday on a technicality.

DBrooksIsMyDaddy

Pro Bowler

#18 : May 01, 2007, 01:04:44 PM

Ganja granny, hahaha! 

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#19 : May 01, 2007, 01:11:46 PM

Leave it to the NY rags to come up with that one!

One of the "best" was an old NY Post headline, "Bottomless body found in Topless bar..."
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Granny Busted: Another Victory for the War on Drugs!!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools