Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anyone else get the feeling « previous next »
Page: 1 2

gone

Hall of Famer
: October 04, 2006, 05:54:29 PM

That we are going to be seeing a LOT of changes soon?  Some more experimenting with different players/strategies?  Seems like someone took a bit of the rigidity out of the managment here.   Just a feeling, mind you.

#1 : October 04, 2006, 05:55:47 PM

That we are going to be seeing a LOT of changes soon?  Some more experimenting with different players/strategies?  Seems like someone took a bit of the rigidity out of the managment here.   Just a feeling, mind you.

Someone took the rigidity out?  I agree.  I think I know who it was...Mr. O. N. Three

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 04, 2006, 05:56:35 PM

well if the injury bug continues... we will have no choice.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 04, 2006, 05:56:56 PM

Someone took the rigidity out? I agree. I think I know who it was...Mr. O. N. Three

;D

InlandTaipan

Practice Squad

#4 : October 04, 2006, 06:09:11 PM

Two rookies are playing this weekend due to injury so it is possible that other changes will follow

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 04, 2006, 06:10:41 PM

It's about to get stank up in here brother.  First of all let me humbly apologize to you guys and my zealous attitude towards this offensive line.  I don't know if you guys are listening to the Blitz or not, but my jaw is just dropping at all the revelations today. Scott asked an "unnamed lineman" and he asked is it scheme or are you guys not getting it done.  The player told him, "the line is just not getting it done in the running game."  If they are going to come off and say then, I'm man enough to say I'm wrong and have been about them.

Now don't get me wrong.  They are still my guys but I'm going to promise to do a better job watching what I see.  I still don't see it, and part of me feels like that was a statement to cover some other things.  But no excuses they have not done a good job.  

But now you have a whole lot of other issues.  Here is the oline the team wanted anyway.  You got the two rookies starting on the right side and and your two best guys on your left side.  They still want Mahan in the middle, for what I don't know, but that would be ideal for the FO, IMO...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

BucsFan1976

Practice Squad
#6 : October 04, 2006, 06:31:39 PM

As far as personnel changes yes, but I dont see Gruden calling plays any differently. I think he is waiting for the right players to show up and put his schemes in motion.

gone

Hall of Famer
#7 : October 04, 2006, 06:39:22 PM

I'm thinking it's not just injuries though.  Yatta seems like he would have played had the sitch been different.  If Stovall's coming in, then that has nothing to do with injuries.  I think beniro is more on target, but I feel it's more than that.  Even when we've been playing poorly before we didn't jump in and change wholesale.  I think we'll see some defensive changes soon too.  If nothing else, just more playing time for the trainee types.

ranman

Pro Bowler
#8 : October 04, 2006, 07:00:24 PM

The worst thing we could do with an 0-3 start is to do the same things with the same people.  I still have the kool aid in the back of the fridge, but am all for playing some new personnel.

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 04, 2006, 07:05:45 PM

The Bucs haven't fallen off of the tree yet, but the limb they're on is cracking. Perhaps it's time to see what the future of this franchise will bring to the table. It will be interesting to watch some of these young guys in a regular season format.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 04, 2006, 07:06:32 PM

At some point you have to change your approach if nothing is showing up.  Considering the Bucs are 0-3 I do not fault the coaches if they make changes or decide to play the younger players.  I honestly feel it should not have come down to an 0-3 start though to see Stovall or Zemaitis playing.

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 04, 2006, 07:10:06 PM

If it doesn't work; find out the problem. Once you find out the problem, find someone who can fix it. That applies to players, coaches, or front office personnel. If you end up changing an area, but it's still failing, you have more than just one leak in your pipe.  ;)

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 04, 2006, 07:11:01 PM

Let me give you guys something to think about.  First I have to give Scott credit, he was all good today on the Pewter Report Buccaneer Blitz.  Get the podcast.  Scott that was your best this season.  

Why do you think Kenyatta is on IR after a scope?  Dudes come back from total replacements after like 6 months now.  K-Dub is done in Tampa.  All of you who wanted to see it here it is for ya.  Then why is Trueblood starting instead of, thanks Scott this is what I forgot, Cornell Green?  Mind you Cornell is no world beater, surely not any better than who we already have.  But he knows the system and was a backup in Denver.  To at least be a backup on one of the best lines in the league should carry a minuscule bit of weight.  Maybe they think he's a swing guy and can be there as they try to accelerate the learning curve for JT.  At least that's what I think.  

Stovall has been bumped up and maybe dressing this week.  Dwayne White surely has the inside track on Greg Spires and is vying hard for more PT.  It's going to be the big shuffle around here after a while guys.  

Get Ready!!!

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 04, 2006, 07:27:11 PM

Let me give you guys something to think about.  First I have to give Scott credit, he was all good today on the Pewter Report Buccaneer Blitz.  Get the podcast.  Scott that was your best this season. 

Why do you think Kenyatta is on IR after a scope?  Dudes come back from total replacements after like 6 months now.  K-Dub is done in Tampa.  All of you who wanted to see it here it is for ya.  Then why is Trueblood starting instead of, thanks Scott this is what I forgot, Cornell Green?  Mind you Cornell is no world beater, surely not any better than who we already have.  But he knows the system and was a backup in Denver.  To at least be a backup on one of the best lines in the league should carry a minuscule bit of weight.  Maybe they think he's a swing guy and can be there as they try to accelerate the learning curve for JT.  At least that's what I think. 

Stovall has been bumped up and maybe dressing this week.  Dwayne White surely has the inside track on Greg Spires and is vying hard for more PT.  It's going to be the big shuffle around here after a while guys. 

Get Ready!!!

Thats good news, may mean more loses but long term its good

gone

Hall of Famer
#14 : October 04, 2006, 07:34:20 PM

I couldn't catch it, when is the pod up?
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anyone else get the feeling « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools