Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why with Grads... « previous next »
Page: 1

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

: October 29, 2006, 07:21:40 PM

why does everyone here feel compelled to act as if we are grooming the future??? Grads has zero shot guys, just being real. He is not the future, its ok we don't have to stick up for this guy as if he is. Simms got hurt, gradkowski is beater than Rattay (that is freaking horrifying), Grads plays. How can you watch the game today and not puke at the fact he cannot throw on an 8-9 man front playing the run??? Its sick, play mccnown if healthy, gimmie something else to look at other than a 20 for 48 performance...

Baghead #2

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#1 : October 29, 2006, 07:24:15 PM

Now how many of you freaking experts are going to jump in here & call him a Simms lover & tell him to turn in all his Buc gear & jump off the wagon? So stop doing it to me.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 29, 2006, 07:26:19 PM

I am not a big simms guy, I'm not but i'm a realist and a die hard buc fan and this guy has about as much a shot in the NFL as my mom does. Its bad, its brutal.

What I am mad about is Gruden throwing this guy to the wolves. Is Rattay that bad??? I don't get it, its embarassing being a fan and seeing an absolute mess once a week, it sux.

Baghead #2

#3 : October 29, 2006, 07:27:21 PM

Now how many of you freaking experts are going to jump in here & call him a Simms lover & tell him to turn in all his Buc gear & jump off the wagon? So stop doing it to me.
how many more threads of this are we going to make? Simple solution here, just leave all your moaning and crying in one thread so some of us can ignore the 'different point of view' to put it politically correct

#4 : October 29, 2006, 07:28:51 PM

I am not a big simms guy, I'm not but i'm a realist and a die hard buc fan and this guy has about as much a shot in the NFL as my mom does. Its bad, its brutal.

What I am mad about is Gruden throwing this guy to the wolves. Is Rattay that bad??? I don't get it, its embarassing being a fan and seeing an absolute mess once a week, it sux.
okay and so you've lost all your credibility...last time I checked Gradkowski has more wins this year than Chris, so rather than say something to the effect of 'go chug battery acid' or 'turn in your gear' I'll just say, give me some actualy reasons why 1:7 TD /INT 0-4 Simms > 4:1 TD / INT 2-2 Gradkowski okay?

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 29, 2006, 07:31:14 PM

I'm curious to see why so many people feel compelled to stick up for grads as if he is the future. He is a 6th round pick fellas, we invested next to nothing in the guy, its not like Grads was our R1 selection here, its ok...

Baghead #2

#6 : October 29, 2006, 07:32:00 PM

I'm curious to see why so many people feel compelled to stick up for grads as if he is the future. He is a 6th round pick fellas, we invested next to nothing in the guy, its not like Grads was our R1 selection here, its ok...
maybe hs IS the future, you nor I know, but for a 6th round pick he has more wins than Leinart...

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 29, 2006, 07:34:13 PM

okay and so you've lost all your credibility...last time I checked Gradkowski has more wins this year than Chris, so rather than say something to the effect of 'go chug battery acid' or 'turn in your gear' I'll just say, give me some actualy reasons why 1:7 TD /INT 0-4 Simms > 4:1 TD / INT 2-2 Gradkowski okay?

OMG man, Grads has 2 wins on a phantom penalty and a fluke kick, great job Grads! Simms played against Baltimore and Carolina and Atlanta on the road. They both look pathetic how about that? Grads is brutal, what do you hope for, him to run out the pocket and throw a jump pass to clayton? Yeah that is cool Grads great job. Simms is just as bad, there is no justification for either of them being behind the helm.

Baghead #2

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 29, 2006, 07:35:28 PM

maybe hs IS the future, you nor I know, but for a 6th round pick he has more wins than Leinart...

Great for Grads, he inherited a division champhionship team way to go!! Comparing Grads to Leinart, serioulsy that is pathetic, its ridiculous....

Baghead #2

#9 : October 29, 2006, 07:37:08 PM

Great for Grads, he inherited a division champhionship team way to go!! Comparing Grads to Leinart, serioulsy that is pathetic, its ridiculous....
I suppose Matt isn't the future in Arizona, you asked 'why we defend' Bruce, well look at the other rookies BRUCE IS WHAT WE EXPECTED HIM TO BE.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#10 : October 29, 2006, 07:38:04 PM

How can you say zero shot when it was the recievers who blew this one. This was a game where a few plays make the difference.  When Grads had the chance he made the throws.   There were drops, fumbles, and penalties that Grads had nothing to do with.

I will say that Grads should not be handed the starting job because he is young.   Experience means a lot for a QB. Just ask Rothlisberger, Carr, etc etc.  

In other words I think Grads has a great chance to be our QB of the future. I'm just not sure we want to bank on him to be the QB for next year.

It depends.  If you look at our offense we have three rookies, a couple 2nd year guys and a couple 3rd year guys. Its a very young offense and will get younger when Wade and Alstott are out of the starting lineup next year.   Do we want to think long term and let these guys mesh together some more?  Or do we want to bring in a veteran and let Grads put in some time holding  a clipboard like most QBs have to do?

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 29, 2006, 07:40:32 PM

BTW that "phantom penalty" wasnt roughing the passer but it was a penalty. And you always seem like some one who is trying to make a conversation on how the Bucs suck. If your a fan you root for anyone who is under center.  Thats if your a real fan.

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#12 : October 29, 2006, 07:50:04 PM

HE IS A ******* ROOKIE!!! God, fans are so fickle around here. We win and Bruce is the 2nd coming of Joe Montana, we lose and he doesn't even belong in the league.......You know that guy Eli that we played against today lost his first 8 starts as a rookie??!! Go watch film of any other rookie QB  and you'll see much worse than what Grads has shown. Unless you're Dan Marino, or you have a stiffling defense and best run game in the NFL like Big Ben had his 1st year, rookies will suck in this league. Period.

magicfan39126

Pro Bowler

#13 : October 29, 2006, 07:58:37 PM

Compare their stats

XXXVII Champs

Second String

#14 : October 29, 2006, 08:10:10 PM

IF, the coaching staff isn't "grooming" (I call it developing) for the future they should go do something else.  The future in sports is the next game.  I am sure the coaching staff and GM are focusing on next season, they are worried about doing the best they can this season with what they have on hand.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why with Grads... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools