Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: wow....just wow....look at all the whiny grads bashers coming out « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#30 : October 30, 2006, 12:39:26 AM

43 yards  - Galloway dropped
27 yards -  Galloway dropped
32 yards -  Clayton dropped
25 yards -  Galloway - PI on Becht

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#31 : October 30, 2006, 12:42:39 AM

43 yards  - Galloway dropped
27 yards -  Galloway dropped
32 yards -  Clayton dropped
25 yards -  Galloway - PI on Becht

I'll save everyone the time of replying: It's still Gradkowski's fault, because his wet noodle arm couldn't make more throws downfield. In fact, it was his wet noodle arm that caused Cadillac to drop the pitch that led to the Giant's 2nd TD -- not enough mustard on the pitch.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#32 : October 30, 2006, 07:08:05 AM

Arm strength?  Grads' passes downfield did not hang up there in the swirling winds of the meadowlands.  Accuracy downfield?  Three very good passes that Clayton and Galloway could not haul in.

So what is left to complain about with Grads?  His accuracy on short passes? That can be remedied as well. 

#33 : October 30, 2006, 07:09:17 AM

I cannot believe some of you people.  Just can't.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#34 : October 30, 2006, 07:58:15 AM

Stop comparing Grads to Eli and Garrard. Both have been around a lot longer than Grads.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#35 : October 30, 2006, 08:02:29 AM

whats really funny, they refer to Simms like he's some veteran hall-of-fame QB.  I think it's safe to say that everyone will be in competition for the starting role next year.

#36 : October 30, 2006, 12:07:16 PM

Good post Krazy...three words I never though I'd say in that order.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#37 : October 30, 2006, 12:20:19 PM

Only problem with Krazy's post is Gruden explained why they went pass crazy in the 2nd.
They had the wind and wanted to pass while they could. Plus, the Giants, with their
formations, were forcing them to pass. We had the wind in the 2nd and 3rd quarter.
Pass, pass, pass.

How did Caddy do on the other runs?

I hated the 4th down pass call but realize that weather and Giants keying on the
run really dictated so many passes yesterday.

You wanna blame the loss on somebody blame it on the stone handed receivers.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#38 : October 30, 2006, 12:21:04 PM

Say what you want, Gruden is an NFL coach, you and everyone else are fans, same as me. Grads didn't lose the game, we lost the game due to poor exection. When you cannot throw 5-10 pass plays against an 8-9 man front you have probs, grads couldn't do it. Clayton was awful, so was galloway, it wasn't all grads fault but it was awful execution.

How many times did grads miss a guy, over the head, out wide, wherever? Too many! Wasn't his fault, again, but lets be real here you cannot blame play calling on grads throwing a ball 10 feet wide of Galloway running a 7 yard out.

Baghead #2

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#39 : October 30, 2006, 12:22:08 PM

Arm strength? Grads' passes downfield did not hang up there in the swirling winds of the meadowlands. Accuracy downfield? Three very good passes that Clayton and Galloway could not haul in.

So what is left to complain about with Grads? His accuracy on short passes? That can be remedied as well.

Grads threw some great downfield balls. What direction where they driving? They were with a 20 something mile per hour wind.....

Baghead #2

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#40 : October 30, 2006, 12:25:15 PM

When you cannot throw 5-10 pass plays against an 8-9 man front you have probs, grads couldn't do it. Clayton was awful, so was galloway, it wasn't all grads fault but it was awful execution.

How many times did grads miss a guy, over the head, out wide, wherever? Too many! Wasn't his fault, again, but lets be real here you cannot blame play calling on grads throwing a ball 10 feet wide of Galloway running a 7 yard out.

Eli was not accurate in that game either.  Some of you act like you have never been to New York.  I have lived all my life in warm climates but witnessed first hand how bad the wind can be there at this time of the year up when I visited a few years ago.  My father lived fifteen minutes from that stadium and told me all about the crazy stories about the swirling wind in the Meadowlands.

Anyone watching the game yesterday could see it as well. It was a miracle that Bryant made a field goal and it was amazing that Ike was able to field punts there.  Both happen to have experience in those type of conditions.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#41 : October 30, 2006, 12:27:36 PM

Arm strength? Grads' passes downfield did not hang up there in the swirling winds of the meadowlands. Accuracy downfield? Three very good passes that Clayton and Galloway could not haul in.

So what is left to complain about with Grads? His accuracy on short passes? That can be remedied as well.

Grads threw some great downfield balls. What direction where they driving? They were with a 20 something mile per hour wind.....

They are swirling winds in other words they change direction they do not necessarily flow in one direction at a given time frame.  If you were to draw up vectors to calculate a vector field you would find the wind was going in a whole bunch of directions.

Eli's passes in the same direction were floating up there.  So what is the excuse now?

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#42 : October 30, 2006, 08:27:10 PM

Only problem with Krazy's post is Gruden explained why they went pass crazy in the 2nd.
They had the wind and wanted to pass while they could. Plus, the Giants, with their
formations, were forcing them to pass. We had the wind in the 2nd and 3rd quarter.
Pass, pass, pass.

How did Caddy do on the other runs?

I hated the 4th down pass call but realize that weather and Giants keying on the
run really dictated so many passes yesterday.

You wanna blame the loss on somebody blame it on the stone handed receivers.

That "we had to pass because we had the wind" is just a garbage excuse for dumping the run less than a quarter into the game. I heard Gruden make that excuse over and over and over on his radio show today while driving home. I almost threw up on my dashboard.

And the wind? That didn't seem to affect the other team playing in the same stadium now did it?

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#43 : October 30, 2006, 08:42:04 PM

They may be used to it as well since the winds always swirl there-- kind of like the sweltering heat here. And actually if you watched the game Gruden didn't go to the pass until we had the wind with us. Against 8-9 man fronts you take what defenses are giving you. Not like the running game was accomplishing much in the 1st quarter either. Gruden gave up on the run too earely IMO as well, but I can still see the fact that his playcalling also put us in position to win if 3 particular receviers had of played like they are paid too in Becht, Galloway, and Clayton.

On the flip side when you say the other team had no problem pounbding and throwing whne they had to-- you do realize thats becasue they were playing with a 2 posession 2 score cushion as well. Kind of like what Gruden played up by 17.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: wow....just wow....look at all the whiny grads bashers coming out « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools