Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Overlooked, 48 passes and 0 interceptions « previous next »
Page: 1 2

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#15 : November 03, 2006, 10:01:55 PM

All QB's have drops and drops on over the shoulder deep balls are the highest % dropped passes so what we saw was not groslly out of the ordinary.

That doesn't change my statement. Both of those numbers could have been higher had not MC and JG let him down multiple times.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#16 : November 03, 2006, 10:03:17 PM

All QB's have drops and drops on over the shoulder deep balls are the highest % dropped passes so what we saw was not groslly out of the ordinary.

That doesn't change my statement. Both of those numbers could have been higher had not MC and JG let him down multiple times.
Not only that, and more importantly, the game would have been better (as far as the scoreboard goes).

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#17 : November 03, 2006, 10:39:59 PM

yeh but there are dropped int's in simms game alongside the caught int's.

Nobody compared him to Simms. He has clearly been better than Simms.

Better than Simms this year?  Yeah. Simms had lost on confidence and Gruden lost confidence in him.  He was rattled clearly.  The sad thing is Simms seemed to finally get it together the 2nd half of the Carolina game.  I believe that had he not been injured, he would have turned it around after that game,

The problem with Grads has been rather than progressively get better as most young QB's do, he seems to be getting worse IMO.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#18 : November 03, 2006, 10:48:26 PM

The problem with Grads has been rather than progressively get better as most young QB's do, he seems to be getting worse IMO.

Young QBs with four games rarely get better.  Grads has also faced pretty good pass rush in the last two weeks. 

Rememeber the good old days when our pass rush was sufficient to bring young QBs to their knees. 

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#19 : November 03, 2006, 10:53:27 PM

Young QBs with four games rarely get better.  Grads has also faced pretty good pass rush in the last two weeks. 

Rememeber the good old days when our pass rush was sufficient to bring young QBs to their knees. 

I think you could see Simms get a lot better after 4 games last year.  His first start against the 49ers was miserable, but then he got better and better.  He had some bumps here and there, as you expect, but overall he played well and even brought us back to some thrilling victories. 

I am not saying Young QB's turn into great QB's overnight, but you start to see little things that they do better.  I haven't seen a lot of that with Grads yet.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#20 : November 03, 2006, 10:56:46 PM

I think you could see Simms get a lot better after 4 games last year.  His first start against the 49ers was miserable, but then he got better and better.  He had some bumps here and there, as you expect, but overall he played well and even brought us back to some thrilling victories. 

I am not saying Young QB's turn into great QB's overnight, but you start to see little things that they do better.  I haven't seen a lot of that with Grads yet.

Simms got better but he set the bar so damned low in the first two games that he appeared to improve a lot.  If you look at his stats for the road wins in Atlanta and Carolina he was pretty poor in those games.   

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#21 : November 03, 2006, 11:02:31 PM

Simms got better but he set the bar so damned low in the first two games that he appeared to improve a lot. If you look at his stats for the road wins in Atlanta and Carolina he was pretty poor in those games.

Well, he still improved.  Grads hasn't done that yet, and has actually degressed.  I hope he gets better, but I am not counting on it at this point. 

But, I wish he would.  Call me crazy but I think if we win Sunday, carry that over to Monday and beat the Kitties......the next 2 games are very winnable.  Could see 6-5.  But if we lose Sunday I think we likely lose all 4 of those.  Sunday will be a pivotal game for Grads, and the team as a whole.  If Grads can have a good game and we win, maybe a confident Grads can go in and we return the favor to Panthers on MNF.  If that happens, all bets are off against Washington.  It won't be easy but it starts Sunday. 

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#22 : November 03, 2006, 11:06:04 PM

Not really that concerned with this year results anymore, the season is toast.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#23 : November 03, 2006, 11:09:06 PM

Not really that concerned with this year results anymore, the season is toast.

You are probably right, but I try and be an optimist.

But, IF that is the case, I would like to see guys like Ruud, Z, Stovall, White, and some others play a lot more and see what we got.  At least then we'll have a good idea going into next year what we really need, and what we can expect from our current young players.  And, it will probably help us move up in the draft!

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#24 : November 03, 2006, 11:12:09 PM

But, IF that is the case, I would like to see guys like Ruud, Z, Stovall, White, and some others play a lot more and see what we got. 

AMEN.

Plus giving McCown a couple of games(or halves) wouldn't do any harm IMO.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#25 : November 03, 2006, 11:37:11 PM

But, IF that is the case, I would like to see guys like Ruud, Z, Stovall, White, and some others play a lot more and see what we got. 

AMEN.

Plus giving McCown a couple of games(or halves) wouldn't do any harm IMO.

Glad you said that.  I really would like to see Luke in there too.  Let's see what he has.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#26 : November 03, 2006, 11:40:28 PM

Glad you said that.  I really would like to see Luke in there too.  Let's see what he has.

Well seeing as we can't seem to get through a season without losing a QB, it would be prudent to get him a little experience running Grudens O.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Overlooked, 48 passes and 0 interceptions « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools