Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why Gradkowski has only one INT? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

nadi25

Rookie

: October 29, 2006, 08:50:55 PM

It is hard to throw an INT when you are dumping the ball off for two yards all the time. It is harder to throw an INT when you the throw the ball into the ground. Last but not least, it is impossible to throw an INT when there is nobody within ten yards of the ball. Let’s not put him in the Hall of Fame just for not throwing INT’s. In his defense, there were three drops today. Two of which were two plays apart both by Galloway. He should take half of the blame on the one to Clayton. He was wide open and the ball was thrown late which made Clayton have to worry about catching the ball and getting both feet down. It would have been incomplete even if Clayton caught the ball. So again, that was probably on Gradkowski more than Clayton. I’m not ready to give up on the kid but I’m far from ready to anoint him as our savior or even starter next year or next week for that matter. His only success came in New Orleans in his first start when teams had no film on him. Now, teams have film on him and are defending him accordingly. At this point, for better or worse we need to see him play the rest of the year. We need to evaluate a body of work with him. Something we could have done with Simms but didn’t in 2003.

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 29, 2006, 08:52:04 PM

is it possible to report someone just for stupidity alone?

It is amazing how much of the ignorance on this board comes from new posters.....

Jeffrey Neil Fox where areeeeeeee you!?

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

#2 : October 29, 2006, 08:53:02 PM

...........................................________
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,
.........................,/...............................................”:,
.....................,?......................................................,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:”........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../
...,,,___.`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
............/.`~,......`-...................................../
.............`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....,__
,,_..........}.>-._...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,__......`,.................................
...................`=~-,,.,...............................
................................`:,,...........................`..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_..........._,-%.......`
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 29, 2006, 08:54:29 PM

It is hard to throw an INT when you are dumping the ball off for two yards all the time. It is harder to throw an INT when you the throw the ball into the ground. Last but not least, it is impossible to throw an INT when there is nobody within ten yards of the ball. Let’s not put him in the Hall of Fame just for not throwing INT’s. In his defense, there were three drops today. Two of which were two plays apart both by Galloway. He should take half of the blame on the one to Clayton. He was wide open and the ball was thrown late which made Clayton have to worry about catching the ball and getting both feet down. It would have been incomplete even if Clayton caught the ball. So again, that was probably on Gradkowski more than Clayton. I’m not ready to give up on the kid but I’m far from ready to anoint him as our savior or even starter next year or next week for that matter. His only success came in New Orleans in his first start when teams had no film on him. Now, teams have film on him and are defending him accordingly. At this point, for better or worse we need to see him play the rest of the year. We need to evaluate a body of work with him. Something we could have done with Simms but didn’t in 2003.

The pass to Clayton was on the money, right on his hand and no pressure on Clayton to step out of bounds.  Please go and check the Burress TD, good WR catch balls that hot them on the hands.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 29, 2006, 08:57:06 PM

It is amazing how much of the ignorance on this board comes from new posters.....

Interesting you mention that ICIT.  Most of the silly posts this evening are from fairly new posters.  A lot of the old time regulars like Prefer, KrAzY, OBD etc etc have been realistic about a rookie QB on the road.......the newbies seem to be a lot less knowledgeable.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 29, 2006, 09:00:22 PM

I think some of these new posters are some "old posters" in disguise.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#6 : October 29, 2006, 09:03:31 PM

I was thinking the same thing & wondering how to find out.

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 29, 2006, 09:03:52 PM

Interesting you mention that ICIT. Most of the silly posts this evening are from fairly new posters. A lot of the old time regulars like Prefer, KrAzY, OBD etc etc have been realistic about a rookie QB on the road.......the newbies seem to be a lot less knowledgeable.
its like the goddamn plague.

MJS, what happened to the place I loved?  Its long gone.

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 29, 2006, 09:08:06 PM

Its like the goddamn plague.

MJS, what happened to the place I loved?  Its long gone.

Things change, and not usually for the better.  Two year ago this place was like a club, and we had a lot of knowledgeable posters who talked football and respected one another.  Now the board is getting more and more like some other boards out there.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#9 : October 29, 2006, 09:09:11 PM

How about not bringing God into your conversation ICIT; he didn't play one down today.  ICIT, it's okay for you to call poster "trolls," "stupid," and other things, but let someone get out of line with comments about you and you automatically want to start reporting them to the PR regulator; amazing!

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 29, 2006, 09:09:37 PM

this place has become just another board on the net.  Its unfortunate.  When its main posters were you, dal, abuccs, prefer, MIF, myself, bigdaddynole, adw, and co. this place was like no other.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 29, 2006, 09:10:27 PM

this place has become just another board on the net.  Its unfortunate.  When its main posters were you, dal, abuccs, prefer, MIF, myself, bigdaddynole, adw, and co. this place was like no other.

I came late to the party, but I hear what you are saying.

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#12 : November 02, 2006, 09:28:13 PM

this place has become just another board on the net.  Its unfortunate.  When its main posters were you, dal, abuccs, prefer, MIF, myself, bigdaddynole, adw, and co. this place was like no other.

Come on...get off of this "new poster, old poster" crap! This board is for anyone who wants to express their opinion. Is it because you want people who think on the same lines as you...or people who are the same race...or eat the same foods? You don't want your own little "click" invaded? You people talk Grads this and Grads that...hell he very easily could have 4 or 5 INTs if defenders had caught the ball. Remember the Cincy game where they dropped 2 point blank INTs? Let's be for real.

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#13 : November 02, 2006, 10:54:13 PM

All QBs have had dropped ints, even Peyton and Brady get their share of them as well. Second, Receivers are paid millions to make the QB look good by catching those difficult passes. Especially Clayton, who is no deep threat but should be catching those balls when thrown to him. Its takes two people to complete a pass.

As for passes not getting interceped in the flat, I'm pretty sure Griese had his fair share of intercepted passes in the flat(come of which were returned for TDs).

And also, lets not forget that Grads is a rookie, a very raw rookie and one that is playing behind a line that works really hard just to reach average.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#14 : November 02, 2006, 11:03:02 PM

I actually support a lot of what this guy says. 

Grads is just a rookie, but he didn't deserve half the credit he got early on and doesn't deserve half the criticism he is getting now.....
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why Gradkowski has only one INT? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools