Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why Gradkowski has only one INT? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Axxon

Pro Bowler
#15 : November 02, 2006, 11:49:42 PM

this place has become just another board on the net.  Its unfortunate.  When its main posters were you, dal, abuccs, prefer, MIF, myself, bigdaddynole, adw, and co. this place was like no other.

Come on...get off of this "new poster, old poster" crap! This board is for anyone who wants to express their opinion. Is it because you want people who think on the same lines as you...or people who are the same race...or eat the same foods? You don't want your own little "click" invaded? You people talk Grads this and Grads that...hell he very easily could have 4 or 5 INTs if defenders had caught the ball. Remember the Cincy game where they dropped 2 point blank INTs? Let's be for real.

Well, since we're throwing out numbers, if defenders had caught the ball he could have had 48 interceptions last game alone. Not sure either number really brings anything to the table though.

I do agree about the old poster/new poster stuff. I got it in my very first reply. It's human nature I guess.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#16 : November 03, 2006, 11:29:58 AM

is it possible to report someone just for stupidity alone?

It is amazing how much of the ignorance on this board comes from new posters.....

Jeffrey Neil Fox where areeeeeeee you!?

You may not agree with him, but there is nothing stupid about this post.  The guy made some claims and backed them all up.  I don't agree about the Clayton drop, but at least attempted to back it up. 

gone

Hall of Famer
#17 : November 03, 2006, 05:32:40 PM

this place has become just another board on the net.  Its unfortunate.  When its main posters were you, dal, abuccs, prefer, MIF, myself, bigdaddynole, adw, and co. this place was like no other.

Come on...get off of this "new poster, old poster" crap! This board is for anyone who wants to express their opinion. Is it because you want people who think on the same lines as you...or people who are the same race...or eat the same foods? You don't want your own little "click" invaded? You people talk Grads this and Grads that...hell he very easily could have 4 or 5 INTs if defenders had caught the ball. Remember the Cincy game where they dropped 2 point blank INTs? Let's be for real.
clique not click

And there is a valid point to old v New -- Those who were here for a long time have been diehard fans for a while.  While many of the newer people may be as well, not all of them are.  It takes time for people who are casual to drop off...
It's not a guarantee, but if the "old" weren't serious fans they'd have dropped off a long ago, so if they're still here it says something...

gharen

Pro Bowler

#18 : November 03, 2006, 05:38:46 PM

I don't think anyone has a problem with people disagreeing. I can agree with one poster about Gradkowski but might disagree with them about Gruden. The problem is the way some people are disagreeing. Calling people names and bringing the board down as a whole and those seem to come from new posters a lot more than from the old ones.

Axxon

Pro Bowler
#19 : November 03, 2006, 09:54:56 PM

clique not click

And there is a valid point to old v New -- Those who were here for a long time have been diehard fans for a while.  While many of the newer people may be as well, not all of them are.  It takes time for people who are casual to drop off...
It's not a guarantee, but if the "old" weren't serious fans they'd have dropped off a long ago, so if they're still here it says something...

The only problem with this is that while it says something about long time posters it says nothing at all about new posters as you noted above. What's the incentive to sticking around if your posts are disregarded for content but merely judged on your signup date? You could well be a long time Bucs fan but still drop off. How's that a positive?

Now, if there's an argument that goes beyond disagreeing about football then I can perfectly understand supporting the long time poster as a known commodity. In terms of football issues though the issue and not the poster should be the point.

Do you agree?

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why Gradkowski has only one INT? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools