Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: Bucs trade for Sims! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 9

psymun

Starter
« : May 01, 2007, 02:52:23 PM »

Bucaneers traded for Ryan Sims DT wih the Chiefs former 6th overall pick!!!

http://www.buccaneers.com

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

« #1 : May 01, 2007, 02:55:10 PM »

Lets hope he can regain his form. If so, great pickup. Makes me wonder what the draft pick conditions are tho..

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #2 : May 01, 2007, 02:55:48 PM »

I guess he's worth a shot but I hope it wasn't for more than a 6th. Maybe a 5th.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #3 : May 01, 2007, 02:56:05 PM »

No word on the compensation. A fifth and down would make this a worthwhile trade for the Bucs, I think.

acacius

Hall of Famer

« #4 : May 01, 2007, 02:56:16 PM »

Interesting.  Hopefully we didn't trade the farm for him.

BucLord

Starter

« #5 : May 01, 2007, 02:56:24 PM »

OMG

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sims sucks.. he's quite possibly the worst DT in the entire NFL

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marcia, Marcia, Marcia

It's always about Marcia

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #6 : May 01, 2007, 02:57:43 PM »

I like the attention to DT.  Don't know much about Simms - will have to check out his stats.  

Too bad we are not gonna find out about how the CJ MC deal would have turned out.

I do feel better hearing BucLord dislikes him - suspect Coyer and Monte discussed this and wanted him, but it could have been the Glazers working outside the system again.  Darn owners.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

« #7 : May 01, 2007, 02:58:39 PM »

OMG

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course he is... ::)

You Can't Spell SCUM Without The

acacius

Hall of Famer

« #8 : May 01, 2007, 02:59:57 PM »

OMG

I am shocked, I say, shocked that you're not a fan of a player acquired by the Bucs.

psymun

Starter
« #9 : May 01, 2007, 03:00:53 PM »

I like the attention to DT.  Don't know much about Simms - will have to check out his stats.  

Too bad we are not gonna find out about how the CJ MC deal would have turned out.

I do feel better hearing BucLord dislikes him - suspect Coyer and Monte discussed this and wanted him, but it could have been the Glazers working outside the system again. Darn owners.

The Glazers don't mess around with players, and they don't press for players either. Personell decisions are handled strictly by the GM, Coaches and Scouts...

With that said, Bruce Allen isn't stupid, so I'm sure he didn't over compensate for him, and if Kiffin and/or Coyer didn't want him here, he wouldn't be. IMO of course...

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #10 : May 01, 2007, 03:01:23 PM »

I like the attention to DT.  Don't know much about Simms - will have to check out his stats.

I think Sims is a better fit at NT than he is a UT, but of course the staff knows much better than I do. It will be interesting to see where he lines up. If the Bucs want Adams to back up Rice and become the starter at RDE in 2008, they may want to put KC out at LDE this season, rather than UT. If so, they need the help at DT.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #11 : May 01, 2007, 03:01:59 PM »

A former top draft choice - not a bad risk. Kiffin knows his business.

acacius

Hall of Famer

« #12 : May 01, 2007, 03:02:32 PM »

I do feel better hearing BucLord dislikes him - suspect Coyer and Monte discussed this and wanted him, but it could have been the Glazers working outside the system again. Darn owners.

The Glazers don't mess around with players, and they don't press for players either. Personell decisions are handled strictly by the GM, Coaches and Scouts...

I'm pretty sure dbucfan was being sarcastic.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #13 : May 01, 2007, 03:03:51 PM »

Ryan Sims, DT - North Carolina

Â  Sims by the numbers  
 Â 
Ht: 6'4"
Wt: 311
40-time: 5.09
10-yard dash: 1.80

Positives: Has thick muscle mass, with a broad upper frame, wide butt and hips…Strong, aggressive defender with impressive lower body strength...Generates a strong surge off the snap, showing the explosive first step to gain advantage on the blockers...Has a good feel for blocking schemes, using his hands with force to keep opponents from attacking his feet...Has the overall strength and short area quickness to flash into the backfield to flush out the quarterback and the bulk to fill the inside gaps.

Negatives: Played tackle, but seems to struggle too much with multiple blocks to be effective playing inside in a two-gap system (motor shuts down vs. combo blocks)...Gets tied up and stuck on blocks at times, especially when his initial move does not work...Has the speed to make the chase in lateral pursuit, but needs to take better angles to the ball as he tends to fall to the ground a lot when trying to move through tight quarters.

REMINDS ME OF…TREVOR PRYCE, Denver Broncos: His strength easily defeats combo blocks.

CAREER NOTES: Emotional leader who had the most experience on the defensive line…A very strong and physical player, he earned the highest honor in the school's weight room during the 2001 offseason…The three-year starter concluded his career with 167 tackles (83 solos), 14 sacks for minus 87 yards and 28 stops for losses of 117 yards.

PERSONAL: Communications major…Father, Ronnie, played pro baseball (AAA) for the Boston Red Sox...Born Ryan O'Neal Sims on 5/04/80 in Spartanburg, South Carolina.

flashgordon

Pro Bowler
« #14 : May 01, 2007, 03:04:19 PM »

all I can say to this is Ryan Simms not doing well for so long just doesn't make sense based on his college days and that he's not a character issue . . . something else must be going on; i smell the Thomas Jones of Dt's; or, our next Hovan Dt.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: Bucs trade for Sims! « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools