Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: Bucs trade for Sims! « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 7 8 9

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#120 : May 02, 2007, 01:20:45 PM

I think Sims has some talent, but he's a guy who shot up draft boards during workouts.  His tape looked alright but in hindsight I think Julius Peppers made him look a lot better than he was.

Ignohippo

Second String

#121 : May 02, 2007, 02:01:10 PM

In the end it won't matter – Sims won't make this team. The thing that's frustrating about this move is that it will waste coaching time on a player with no upside. He's had his NFL opportunity and has nothing to show for it. He'd be pumping gas in 2007 if the Bucs hadn't traded for him.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#122 : May 02, 2007, 06:01:54 PM

Bradley...or even Wyms. Kansas City is not exactly a town that has produced defensive legacies...

The problem is when you look at KC Allen, Hick and Hali have all been good to very good at the DE spot during Sims time there. People act like KC just doesn't have any talent. In reality they have some talent but perhaps the problem is the big donut in the middle of the line that is sucking down all the other guys who seem to be good players based on production. The theory that those players, who are good, are making Sims worse is very odd.

Once again, I am not saying I am sold on the pick, but he is big, has been hurt a lot, and wasn't in a scene that tapped whatever skill sets he might have had (obviously). He might be better suited in Tampa Bay, where the D-line overachievers thrive.

Just one problem Professor Plum

Ryan Sims is not an "overachiever"

He is a underachiever
Okay.

Well...Calvin Johnson isn't a Raider, and Quinn isn't a Buc...so....now what?

Page: 1 ... 7 8 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: Bucs trade for Sims! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools