Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Does Gaines Adams even make us better? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

umguy1999

Practice Squad

: May 07, 2007, 01:41:01 PM

We were at our best when we had Sapp getting pressure up the gut and Rice from the outside. We drafted someone in the mold of Rice, and since we can't find another Sapp I would imagine the next best thing is to find another Rice which we may have found in Adams (at least we hope). If we have Rice @ RE and Adams @ LE the DT's can just focus on the run and be disruptive on pass plays and let our 2 speed rushers smack the QB around.

IDontNeedaName

Second String

#1 : May 02, 2007, 01:36:36 AM

Gaines adams is an AWESOME pick. No need to explain why.

We have all been over this a million times...what the heck is there not to like about a DE who can put pressure on a QB? Exactly what?

Sexy value? Screw that.

There are no Warren Sapps in this years, last years, or next years draft. Warren Sapp is a once in a decade type of guy. Simeon is a stud DE, and to have him groom Gaines is going to increase his upside. Gaines works hard, and Sim is an animal when it comes to training. This is a match made in heaven. Aside from Joe Thomas, there was NOBODY I wanted more in the draft...it ALL starts in the trenches man. No protection, no holes? No offense.

No pressure, no sacks? No Cover 2.

Pretty simple stuff. Okoye is no Sapp. Harrell is no Sapp. None of the DTs made me think we should be burning #4 on them...Laron Landry is a SAFETY! WTH is he going to do if the QB has 7 seconds to dissect the zone? Nothing. It is pressure generated that makes Tampa 2 work...not the secondary play. Secondary guys are beneficiaries of the D-line usually in Tampa 2...

Amen, I think alot of the people complaining are still hung up on CJ though.

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#2 : May 01, 2007, 07:41:21 PM

I dont like this pick.  Its blah to me.  Even if Gaines comes in and tears it up, the most we could hope for out of him would be production equal to what Rice has done for us.

With that said, how good has our D been the last couple years with Rice?  Not very. 

Dont like this pick, not crazy about last years 1st rounder, and Caddy isnt looking like a top 5 pick.

Missing in the 1st round will cost you your job in the long run.

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

Buc31

Starter

#3 : May 01, 2007, 07:43:23 PM

Kinda hard to answer since the season has started yet.

SHIVVER

Pro Bowler

#4 : May 01, 2007, 07:48:08 PM

He won't make us any worse....

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#5 : May 01, 2007, 07:50:05 PM

Kinda hard to answer since the season has started yet.

my thoughts as well, bring this back up at the end of the year

calicojack

Starter
#6 : May 01, 2007, 07:52:36 PM

I guess Monte was so happy for nothing.

The Dream Team

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#7 : May 01, 2007, 07:53:59 PM

If not this year, then next and for years after that. Rice is likely gone next year, and you've got to get better in the trenches if you want to win football games. If this defense had generated more pressure from the front four last season, they'd have won more games.

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#8 : May 01, 2007, 07:57:07 PM

If not this year, then next and for years after that. Rice is likely gone next year, and you've got to get better in the trenches if you want to win football games. If this defense had generated more pressure from the front four last season, they'd have won more games.

I get that, but does Gaines help us in the trenches?  Looks to me like hes just an edge player, hes either gonna get a sack or run himself out of the play.

Like all the pass rushing DEs before him hes weak at the POA and doesnt excell vs the run.  I thought we were going to improve the pass rush from the inside out with DTs, like this D is designed to do.

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#9 : May 01, 2007, 07:58:42 PM

Maybe not this year but certainly later down the road.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#10 : May 01, 2007, 08:00:29 PM

What would you have done with that 4th pick ICHT? I got it, people are upset, but those that are give me an alternative to the Gaines pick.

badaBucs1987

Second String

#11 : May 01, 2007, 08:01:57 PM

So what exactly do you want picks on?  We added a franchise runningback, an anchor at guard at the end of the first round, and what could be a premier pash rusher.

Don't mean to burst your bubble, but you can't judge a player already.  Heck, you sound like u already gave up on Cadillac.  It's been 2 years.

You can't even give up on Clayton yet either.  I'm not even talking about his injuries, I'm talking about him only being in the league for 3 years...Let's see what he does with Garcia at the helm.....

Ronde Barber had about 4 tackles in his rookie year.  John Lynch had 30 combined tackles in his first 2 seasons.  Good thing we don't have guys like you running the team or we'd lose our draft class after the first year...

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#12 : May 01, 2007, 08:02:16 PM

I get that, but does Gaines help us in the trenches? Looks to me like hes just an edge player, hes either gonna get a sack or run himself out of the play.

Gruden and the coaches wanted pressure, they accomplished that.

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#13 : May 01, 2007, 08:04:40 PM

What would you have done with that 4th pick ICHT? I got it, people are upset, but those that are give me an alternative to the Gaines pick.

I hear that, its tough to say.  I wouldnt have complained with Levi Brown, Laron Landry, even Harrell seems to me as a DT to be more valuable than Gaines.  I dont know, im just not impressed with the pick.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#14 : May 01, 2007, 08:08:32 PM

I don't know anything about any of these guys coming out of college since I don't watch college football.   So I'll reserve judgement until I see him play a bit.   However, rushing the passer is the single most important thing on defense (in my opinion).   The great defenses always have a great pass rush.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Does Gaines Adams even make us better? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools