Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: MJS « previous next »
Page: 1

Swolf

Practice Squad

MJS
: May 02, 2007, 08:20:22 AM

Today is the semi's in Milan, what do you see happinging? I am thinking Man U 3-1 to meet Liverpool in the Finals ;D. The game is on ESPN2 HD today at 2:30-2:45 kickoff.

I watched the Chelsea vs Liverpool last night and personally I see Man U winning easy, liverpool was pressuring on a few plays but mostly back and forth. I just don't see them beating us. Liverpool was robbed in OT on that goal, but still whooped Chelsea in Penilties.

Cant wait to get off work to watch the match.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

MJS
#1 : May 02, 2007, 09:24:07 AM

Well I want United to go thru, and beat Liverpool in the final.  The Manchester-Liverpool rivalry is one of the fiercest in sport and catching up on Liverpool’s five European titles is very important to every United fan.   The amount of animosity between the two sets of fans is crazy I wouldn’t want to police that game in Athens.  Imagine trying to keep 60,000-70,000 fans apart all the way from the NW of England to Athens, and back again.   I took a severe beating on vacation in Spain several years ago trying to act as peacemaker between folks from Liverpool and Manchester. 

Back to today game:  United don’t do too well in Italy, especially against AC Milan.  The away goals are a problem for United because Milan only needs a 1-0 or 2-1 win to win.  United have been scoring a lot recently but they have been conceding too many as well.  Hopefully getting a couple of defenders back from injury will help a little tonight.   They shredded Milan in the 2nd half in Manchester, so I think they can take them tonight.

My Prediction:  2-2 – United win 5-4 on aggregate.

Swolf

Practice Squad

MJS
#2 : May 02, 2007, 09:39:56 AM

I think your right about them winning but the way they came on in the second half on saturday {4 goals} I think they are feeling it. I was watching the Chelsia game on Fox Soccer Channel and the crowd went to a frenzy as the Man U score was updating. If they can carry that to today I don't think they will have to much of a problem.

Here's to Man U getting into the finlas ::Cheers::

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

MJS
#3 : May 02, 2007, 04:53:08 PM

That was a let down.   >:( 

Last Saturday morning I would have taken a defeat today and a 5 point lead in the EPL......silver linings.   ;D

MBF

Hall of Famer

MJS
#4 : May 02, 2007, 06:15:43 PM

They'll lose in the FA Cup Final to Chelsea.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
MJS
#5 : May 02, 2007, 07:03:15 PM

I say Milan wins the '05 rematch.  I'll call 2-1.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

MJS
#6 : May 02, 2007, 08:18:45 PM

They'll lose in the FA Cup Final to Chelsea.

Not really bothered about the FA Cup, the EPL is the main price.   United have a pretty good record in the FA Cup, record number of wins and final appearances.  The pitch at Wembley is fairly large, which suits Uniteds attacking play and younger players.  They have players coming back from injury as well, so they will be a lot stronger in defense than the last few games.

Swolf

Practice Squad

MJS
#7 : May 03, 2007, 07:35:51 AM

I tell you what I was so disappointed in our passing. It was putrid last night and didn't look like thier heads were in the game. Good call MJS on the MU playing in italy and it showed. Well on to the Double :)

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

MJS
#8 : May 03, 2007, 09:01:18 AM

It is disappointing playing 16 games and missing out on the final but at least they were in the competition until the penultimate game.  It really would have been a security nightmare with Liverpool and Man United in Athens, and I am glad that has been avoided. 

On the plus side the losing semi-finalist usually bank around $35 million from the Champions League, and the winner only nets around $40 million.  United will almost certainly make more from the competition than Liverpool because Old Trafford is so much bigger than Anfield.   That added to winning the EPL and possibly the FA cup will make it a bumper year for the Glazers, which is good for Buccs fans as well.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: MJS « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools