Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Millen says he never spoke to Bruce Allen about the Bucs trading up « previous next »
Page: 1 2

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

: May 02, 2007, 09:09:29 AM

Just a quick FYI.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070502/SPORTS01/705020435/1049&imw=Y

The Lions ended up taking Johnson at No. 2 and keeping him. Millen said he laughed at the rumored deal with Tampa Bay that included Bucs defensive back Brian Kelly going to the Lions.

"That came across somebody's Internet thing, whatever those things are," Millen said. "I'm not big on that stuff."

And it's good to know that Millen keeps up on the latest technology.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#1 : May 02, 2007, 09:21:55 AM

He's wrong! Gruden wanted to sell his soul, I heard that from an inside source........

Didn't you see how upset Gruden was! He wanted to give all 2007 and all 08 picks to move up and Lions wouldn't take it! Gruden was salavating over Calvin, he also wanted to throw in his wife and kids in the trade!

The Glazers had to beg Gruden not to trade away everything, they were on their knees crying to not let the evil Gruden trade everything away!

coolhandluke

Starter

#2 : May 02, 2007, 10:25:34 AM

All of you guys are GOOBERS!!! You believe what you want. I know because I am great friend with ..well ..hmmm EVERYONE..I AM THE BIG DOG!!! I know all.
Just wait untill the BUCS are sold and we will see who will be laughing then!!

Steve "THE BIG DOG" Duemig

marlevr

Second String
#3 : May 02, 2007, 10:27:51 AM

This is just too funny. Where are all the haters now????

goto11

Starter
#4 : May 02, 2007, 10:43:01 AM

I heard Gruden took Millen off his top 8 in Myspace because he wouldn't take calls for CJ.  People can be so hurtful sometimes.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#5 : May 02, 2007, 10:49:43 AM

Forrest Gump > Matt Millen

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#6 : May 02, 2007, 11:00:23 AM

oh i thought this was so funny that everybody thought it was for sure that the bucs would land calvin johnson, when we targeted adams a month ago!!! lol

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
#7 : May 02, 2007, 11:54:48 AM

I heard Gruden took Millen off his top 8 in Myspace because he wouldn't take calls for CJ.  People can be so hurtful sometimes.

LOL...Oh NOZZZ!!  He CAn bE ME frIEnD!!!112

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#8 : May 02, 2007, 12:03:52 PM

I still believe there had to be conversations. That's just being thorough and throwing out a line to see what you can reel in. If Millen never called to see what the Bucs would be willing to give up to move to #2, then he's a bigger idiot than I ever thought and not doing his job. But, that would be just another day for him.
And to be the GM of an NFL team and say you don't know much about the internet, or other technology that's commonplace, is just ignorant. I'm glad I'm not a Lions fan, they really have no hope.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer

#9 : May 02, 2007, 12:06:54 PM

TB Todd - I think I saw elsewhere (Peter King) that there were conversations earlier; just not on draft day.

Blade

Starter

#10 : May 02, 2007, 12:15:54 PM

oh i thought this was so funny that everybody thought it was for sure that the bucs would land calvin johnson, when we targeted adams a month ago!!! lol

"Targeted" gaines Adams? Hmm... Don't get me wrong, I think the kid could be a great addition...but targeted is a strong word. If CJ had dropped to #4 as well as gaines Adams, would we have still picked Adams? Or if Joe Thomas had dropped to 4, would we have still picked Adams? Maybe...but I doubt it. Be glad we got Adams...but let's not kid ourselves and say he was our target all along. There were three teams ahead of us, so we prepared ourselves for every possible combination and just chose accordingly.

#11 : May 02, 2007, 12:19:45 PM

Liar, liar..... pants on fire. Ok, maybe they did not talk on draft day(highly doubt it). My question would go to the PR guys.... where did the info come from that was credible enuff to make them put a story on the front page about a trade?

goto11

Starter
#12 : May 02, 2007, 01:25:11 PM

Post-draft rumors are even more worthless than pre-draft rumors.  Everybody got who they got.  Can we just let it die?

Badabingnrt

Starter

#13 : May 02, 2007, 02:45:53 PM

I don't know about anyone else but I would have been severly pissed if we traded our 1st, two seconds, and Brian Kelly for a WR that will touch the ball 5-6 times a game.....

Don't get me wrong I would have loved to have had CJ and hoped he dropped to the Bucs, but I believe this was a blessing in disguise of him not dropping to us.  Even if he does turn out to be that "special", the Bucs needed Gaines Adams more then they needed CJ.

Call it blashpemy if you want, but Simeon Rice, Greg Spires, and Kevin Carter won't be around next year.  Maybe one of them will be around, but the bottom line is that we were lacking ends and Gaines Adams may turn out to be better to us then CJ....

After next year, if Galloway decides to retire...we would still have 1st round selection Michael Clayton and 3rd round selection Maurice Stovall....

I know many of us have given up on Clayton, but I am one fan who has not.  I know what he's capable of and it's not fair to judge him having Simms and Gradkowski as his primary QBs.  Those guys barely able to get Galloway the ball, let alone get 2 WRs the balls.

I think you will see Clayton perform well with Garcia spreading the ball around.  I could see 800 yards and 4 TDs from Clayton this year which is certainly a step in the right direction to becoming our #1.

Lynch47

Hall of Famer

#14 : May 02, 2007, 03:36:39 PM

Post-draft rumors are even more worthless than pre-draft rumors. Everybody got who they got. Can we just let it die?

EXACTLY
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Millen says he never spoke to Bruce Allen about the Bucs trading up « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools