Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Millen says he never spoke to Bruce Allen about the Bucs trading up « previous next »
Page: 1 2

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#15 : May 02, 2007, 04:50:22 PM

After next year, if Galloway decides to retire...we would still have 1st round selection Michael Clayton and 3rd round selection Maurice Stovall....

I don't get why so many want to throw dirt on Joey's grave. Dude just had the best two-season stretch in his career in spite the OL/QB situation last year. Let's at least wait until he shows some sign of slowing down that doesn't involve his perceived battle with the calendar..

Y'know, strange as it might seem, there are likely going to be some good WRs in the draft next year and every year thereafter.. 

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#16 : May 02, 2007, 06:31:15 PM

Bottom line- who really cares at this point?

What difference does it make one way or the other?

Its not like the Clint Eastwood movie where the bad says "I just gotta know"
with reference to whether Eastwood had another bullit in his gun.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

#17 : May 02, 2007, 07:19:39 PM

Forrest Gump > Matt Millen

Hey, that's right, Forrest could turn that franchise around baby !  :D

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#18 : May 02, 2007, 07:20:44 PM

omg! the franchise is going to suffer completely!

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#19 : May 04, 2007, 06:13:14 AM

The Lions fans loved the pick.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#20 : May 04, 2007, 10:18:07 AM

TB Todd - I think I saw elsewhere (Peter King) that there were conversations earlier; just not on draft day.

Correct, this was from Mlive.com (Tom Kowalski) posted at around noon on the Friday before the draft: http://blog.mlive.com/lionsinsider/2007/04/deal_with_bucs_could_involve_b.html

The story broke in a MICHIGAN media outlet. Maybe Millen didn't make a call...but he did everything he could to tell the Bucs what he wanted....

Fortunately the Glazers forced Gruden to put the phone down...

Incomparable sig by Incognito
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Millen says he never spoke to Bruce Allen about the Bucs trading up « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools