Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Can you believe we were one pick away from getting this guy?? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

: May 02, 2007, 01:13:44 PM

Damn you Buffalo!!! >:(

http://nfldraft.rivals.com/cviewplayer.asp?Player=23379#bio

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#1 : May 02, 2007, 01:35:38 PM

That hurts.    It appears Sears is about 3 notches below the quality of that guy.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#2 : May 02, 2007, 01:36:54 PM

[yawn]

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

TEAMCALI

Starter

#3 : May 02, 2007, 01:47:54 PM

That guy was a beast at Penn state... That would of been a nice pick up.

#4 : May 02, 2007, 01:50:29 PM

[yawn]

Paul was the best linebacker on the board in almost everybody's reports...if we could have got him in round 2 it would have been a major pick up. If he didnt get injured in the Orange Bowl against FSU in 2005 he would have been a top 5 pick in that year's draft. He would have lined up nicely right next to 55 or in a few years with Ruud

Far from a [yawn]

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#5 : May 02, 2007, 01:57:49 PM

That hurts. It appears Sears is about 3 notches below the quality of that guy.

how can you rate apples to oranges? I like the Sears pick, the guy is enormous and will add much needed bulk to the left side of the line. The Bucs didn't need a LB at that pick, don't think they'd roll with him even if he was there.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#6 : May 02, 2007, 01:59:06 PM

Pos would not fit our scheme...at all.

tonilynn

Starter

#7 : May 02, 2007, 02:07:15 PM

could of had Alan Branch 2 picks before us could have would have but we got sears lets hope he can be a franchise O-Linemen

Badabingnrt

Starter

#8 : May 02, 2007, 02:35:16 PM

yeah I was hoping for Alan Branch to fall to us more then Posluz....but apparently even if BRANCH fell to us...it didn't appear we'd draft him; seeing that we passed on other various DTs in the draft.....

I do like the Arron Sears pick though.  I'm liking the youthful line of LG Arron Sears, C Dan Buenning, RG Davin Joseph, and T Jeremy Trueblood; with veteran Luke Pettigout anchoring LT.

I think that's a hell of a line if you ask me..Maybe not this year, but I definetly see this line being one of the better ones in the league....Rightfully so as we spent high draft picks on them.  Seems Gruden and Allen know what they are doing...

Hopefully Chris Colmer can atleast get healthy and make the team...maybe we got ourself another tackle to throw into the mix as well..but I wouldn't hold my breath on him..

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer

#9 : May 02, 2007, 02:54:34 PM

Pos would not fit our scheme...at all.

Tell that to Gruden.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#10 : May 02, 2007, 04:35:49 PM

lol, lets give Sears a shot before calling him a bust....

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#11 : May 02, 2007, 04:44:57 PM

It is what it is!

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

fessy

Second String

#12 : May 02, 2007, 05:28:05 PM

be happy we didn't get that LB.  I saw him getting used in the bowl game.  It seemed like every other play was toward him and he didn't do anything.  he was too slow in the game.

would not be a good fit for us.

#13 : May 03, 2007, 02:14:05 AM

Yawn!

I like Pos, I really do. But watching him play I never thought 'Bucs LB'. He seems like a Patriot type player to me. Like a Teddy Bruschi. I wouldnt mind having him, but he is too robotic for my tastes (that means he's too white)

devasher

Starter
#14 : May 02, 2007, 11:42:09 PM

After the partial tear to his knee Pos looked very slow and lumbering and continued it to the Senior Bowl. He obviously had a lot of hype as Jack Hamm said Pos was the best LB to ever play at Penn State. He also could've been a 1st round pick last year if he hadn't hurt his knee in the bowl game against FSU.

But despite his name and great intangibles I don't see a guy who will translate well to the NFL unless his athleticism returns. If he doesnt regain the step or two that he lost (and it was only a partial tear w/o surgery, so its possible he does) he will be a fringe player or entirely out the league in four years IMHO.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Can you believe we were one pick away from getting this guy?? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools