Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Your guess of the 53 man roster « previous next »
Page: 1 2

ryan24

Hall of Famer

« #15 : May 03, 2007, 10:58:23 AM »

RB(4)- cadillac, pitt, graham, darby
graham makes it based on experience. he beats out darby...barely. everyone says he's too slow. what he lacks in speed he makes up in elusivness. the kid's slippery. he'll crack the 53 man roster at some point this season

I think too many are discounting Graham's role on ST's. That's the primary reason he was resigned. He's not on the roster as a LOS player for the most part. With the Bucs apparently going with a lot of young guys on ST's they will need to keep a guy like Graham for that purpose alone. I know Darby, as an SEC player has a lot of fans but I'm really not sure he makes the roster at a position....with Caddy, Pittman and Graham....that there's no tremendous need at.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
« #16 : May 03, 2007, 11:01:22 AM »

I agree with Ryan24. If Darby can bring it on special teams he's got a shot; Ernie's not on the team for the handful of snaps he gets a year.
I do think the Bucs would keep Darby around on the practice squad if he shows some ability - next year might be a different story, since Pittman will be a year older and running backs don't tend to handle age well.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

« #17 : May 03, 2007, 11:19:52 AM »

I won't go through all 53, but no way is Yatta back.

Also, most of you are sleeping on Jovan Haye. I think he easily has the edge on Jenkins, and I wouldn't be surprise if Hayes sticks over Wyms.

I don't think the Bucs will keep Wyms and Spires.  Peterson could be in the mix also.

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
« #18 : May 03, 2007, 03:22:51 PM »

Who will long snap for us next year? Dave Moore is a UFA at the moment and I don't think that we have anyone on our roster right now that can do it other than some guy called Economos.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future.” - Josh Freeman

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
« #19 : May 03, 2007, 03:28:05 PM »

The Bucs still have Terry as a RFA. They could resign him and bring him in to long snap. If he can do that, I think he makes it as the last lineman.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

Chucky4mayor

Starter

« #20 : May 04, 2007, 03:55:36 AM »

i think you're the first one to say it caradoc and i agree with you.  i think Haye makes the team as a DT, he showed up against the Steelers last year.

gone

Hall of Famer
« #21 : May 04, 2007, 01:46:15 AM »

Darby won't hit the 53 this year.  He's PS eligible, and Derek Watson looked better than he does and Derek couldn't replace Ernest.  If we like Darby at best he'll go on the PS for training and they'll review him again next year.

I'd guess Haye over Wyms/Simms.  Peterson to PS.

Rice, BK, Nece -- There's a pretty good chance at least one of these guys is off the team.

QB -- This from ut: "QB- Simms, Garcia, McCown
Emergency/Designated Bench Warmer- Gradkowski"

is utterly ridiculous.  First, Simms isn't starting, I know some peoople can't accept that, but it's already been decided.  Second, you won't see both Simms and McCown.  Jon has too much invested in Grads, and will definitely give him more time, so unless one of your first three lands on IR before Cutdowns, either Simms or McCown is most likely going.  (I could see 4 QBs in a very unlikely scenario, but not these 4)

4bucs

Hall of Famer
« #22 : May 04, 2007, 01:38:07 PM »

in line for the ax   Jenkins,Wyms,Cox ,Zemitis.......and maybe even Clayton if Gessner ,Warren have real good camps......long shot to make the team olajabutu....mainly cause I like the name and it should give all the announcers fits.Speaking of color guys on the mike ...who now has Nickersons gig.....you know if Beckles wasn't always sticking the knife in Grudens back he may have lobbyed for him....it;ll never happen now though ;D ;D ;D  well shut my mouth LOL.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

« #23 : May 04, 2007, 03:16:35 PM »

I wouldn't be so sure Simms doesn't start. And the idea that he's a cut is almost as nutz as Gradz starting.  People ought to be more prepared for Grads to not be on the roster.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

ryan24

Hall of Famer

« #24 : May 04, 2007, 03:59:13 PM »

I wouldn't be so sure Simms doesn't start. And the idea that he's a cut is almost as nutz as Gradz starting. People ought to be more prepared for Grads to not be on the roster.

I also doubt Simms would be cut. I think there's a bigger chance he's traded (than the chance he would be cut) pending what happens between now and the start of the season and that includes other teams needs, the Plummer situation and how Gradkowski and McCown look during the preseason.

gone

Hall of Famer
« #25 : May 04, 2007, 04:35:27 PM »

SImms wouldn't be cut, he'd be traded.  We can afford to hold onto him as long as we want until we get a decent deal.  But if you thing he has a realistic chance of starting you need to wat the press conferences again.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
« #26 : May 04, 2007, 05:03:04 PM »

Players that could be traded are Simms, Plummer, Rice, Kelly and possibly but doubtful Spires or Wymms. At first glance one scoffs but remember Allen got Galloway for Keyshawn, a couple of picks for McCardell and then a second for Booger. With BA, anything is possible. My uess is he'll wait until there is a need for these players.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'
  Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Your guess of the 53 man roster « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools