Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What's going to happen to Chad Jackson in NE? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

SHIVVER

Pro Bowler

: May 02, 2007, 08:31:42 PM

Might he be a numbers casualty?  Might be a nice pickup.

Badabingnrt

Starter

#1 : May 02, 2007, 08:41:17 PM

no way...he was a 2nd round pick for them last year....

They added Moss, Stallworth, Welker, and Washington.  They will keep Jackson, and get rid of Gaffney/Caldwell...

Jackson may not get alot of playing time this upcoming season, but theres no guarentees that Moss and Stallworth will remain with the team over 1 year.  Stallworths deal set up cap friendly if he was released...

#2 : May 02, 2007, 08:44:18 PM

he blew out his knee in the championship game... he'll just have more time on the bench to heal.

T

Hall of Famer

#3 : May 02, 2007, 08:56:24 PM

If he was that good as a Rookie he would have beat out Caldwell & Gaffney. Looks like another Gator WR bust!

#4 : May 03, 2007, 02:18:23 AM

Thats ridiculous T. And I hate the GAtors. Jackson is a real solid WR. How can you judge a WR based on playing time in year 1? Jackson will be the #2 or #3 WR on that team when he is healthy. BAnk on it. BTW I love nothing more than to bash the Gators but being objective Jackson is a real solid football player.

Why would the PAts even think of getting rid of him? Thats ridiculous. Its like suggetsing the BUcs will get rid of Dan Buenning now that we drafted Sears, accept even worse

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#5 : May 03, 2007, 08:44:00 AM

how big is his contract?  its possible with his injuries and being at best a 5th receiver this year he could hit the chopping block.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

PewterReportHM

Starter
#6 : May 03, 2007, 08:45:05 AM

Nah.   I'm guessing he likely goes on IR if the Pats have too many receivers.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#7 : May 03, 2007, 08:46:20 AM

He was basically hurt all season and then reinjured his knee as Hate said. They aren't even sure he'll be able to play next year so he might just get IR'ed.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#8 : May 03, 2007, 10:39:12 AM

He's not getting cut.

dmajik85

Hall of Famer
#9 : May 03, 2007, 08:36:35 PM

I remember reading something derogatory on him last year from PFT... something to the effect of him bad mouthing a team he was visiting while on the phone in front of the coaching staff. Also read somewhere else (can't recall where) that his attitude sucked. If that's true then it probably wore on Belichik. Don't want any of that here really.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#10 : May 03, 2007, 09:17:59 PM

no way...he was a 2nd round pick for them last year....

They added Moss, Stallworth, Welker, and Washington. They will keep Jackson, and get rid of Gaffney/Caldwell...

Jackson may not get alot of playing time this upcoming season, but theres no guarentees that Moss and Stallworth will remain with the team over 1 year. Stallworths deal set up cap friendly if he was released...

The guy that needs to be worried about his spot is WAshington.  Jackson will NOT be cut.  He was hurt a bunch last year but he is not going anywhere.  He is still 6'1, 215 and runs in the 4.3's.  With a year learning the system and if he can stay healthy he could easily push for the starter in the slot.

Their depth chart is most likely to be Moss, Stallworth, Caldwell/Welker fighting for 3 and 4, and Gaffney at 5.  If Jackson is healthy that changes a whole lot as potentially he could be at that 3 or 4 spot.  The only way I see Washington even making the team is if someone else gets hurt or Jackson goes on IR.  Unless they decide to keep 7 WR, since Welker is also your KR.

Not sure who all of a sudden annointed Washington as anything special, the guy has caught 72 balls in 5 years, and just 19 the last 2.  Both Gaffney and Caldwell have had better careers than that guy.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#11 : May 03, 2007, 09:29:03 PM

This year I am defintely taking Brady in the fantasy football league.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#12 : May 03, 2007, 10:22:29 PM

This year I am defintely taking Brady in the fantasy football league.

Of course.

Brady has been a good fantasy QB with no real WR to speak of in the past, and now with probably the deepest set of WR?  If they pass a lot in the red zone, which they should given their big WR, he should approach 40 TD easily. 

Depending on how much they run Maroney, Brady is (conservatively) going to get 4000+ yards, 35+ td, and around 12 INT. 

#13 : May 03, 2007, 10:45:23 PM

YTou forgot to mention that Chad Jackson has great hands, Ray. I expect Jackson to be starting by his 3rd year, and it will be for NE. I think he will beat out Stallworth once he gets his feet wet in the NFL. I still like Caldwell, but Im not sure that him or Gaffney will have a place on that loaded depth chart.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#14 : May 03, 2007, 11:17:07 PM

YTou forgot to mention that Chad Jackson has great hands, Ray. I expect Jackson to be starting by his 3rd year, and it will be for NE. I think he will beat out Stallworth once he gets his feet wet in the NFL. I still like Caldwell, but Im not sure that him or Gaffney will have a place on that loaded depth chart.

Oh, I know he has great hands but that's a given.  And yeah, I agree by his 3rd year he'll be their #2 WR at worst, provided he is healthy.

As for Caldwell and Gaffney, there is nothing to suggest they won't be.  Caldwell was their best WR last year, and Gaffney probably 2nd.  Now yes, they added some guys but even then Washington hasn't shown he is better than either guy in his 5 years in the league.  Washington is good for depth and good for competition, but if all guys are healthy I think he is the one cut.  Unless another WR gets injured or there is some monetary reason I am not aware of where it makes more sense to keep Washington over Gaffney as a backup WR. 
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What's going to happen to Chad Jackson in NE? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools