Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 4th Pick was almost Okoye over Adams « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
: May 03, 2007, 02:17:25 AM

I thought Okoye was going to be our pick, but I was kinda sold that Detroit was going to grab Gaines... so... I most certainly enjoy the scenario that has unfolded.

SHIVVER

Pro Bowler

#1 : May 03, 2007, 12:02:22 AM

Gruden in his mini press conference, after we drafted Adams, said the 4th pick decision was between Adams and Okoye.  They just felt Adams could bring a little more pressue off the edge so decided to go with him. 

I was a big Okoye guy, hope this coin flip decision doesn't come back to haunt us.....

http://www.buccaneers.com/av/videoarchive.aspx      -        04/28/2007   Jon Gruden Discusses Selection of Gaines Adams, 4/28/07 

Man John looks dishartened in this video.  He was truely in love with CJ, no doubt about that.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#2 : May 03, 2007, 12:05:54 AM

On draft day, I also hoped that we would have selected Amobi Okoye over Gaines Adams.

calicojack

Starter
#3 : May 03, 2007, 12:21:32 AM

I've got to wonder why ATL passed Okoye over.  I think they had a need... and Petrino knows him from Louisville.

The Dream Team

Badabingnrt

Starter

#4 : May 03, 2007, 12:37:35 AM

nah i definetly would have been pissed if we selected Okoye 4th overall...

Gaines Adams was the right choice.....

heck Gaines would have been taken my Arizona or Washington if we didn't take him.  At the very least Atlanta....

Okoye dropped to 10 and it's not like the Texans are experts of the draft..

Lynch47

Hall of Famer

#5 : May 03, 2007, 03:39:22 AM

Adams was the right choice I agree

bveghte

Pro Bowler
#6 : May 03, 2007, 06:01:39 AM

The fact that Marinelli had Adams at the top of his board is all I need to know. He's my man now!

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#7 : May 03, 2007, 06:02:57 AM

It should have been between the 2. I think Gaines was the right choice at #4.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#8 : May 03, 2007, 07:16:26 AM

yup ... add me to the list of Gaines was the better choice. 

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#9 : May 03, 2007, 08:26:26 AM

I've got to wonder why ATL passed Okoye over. I think they had a need... and Petrino knows him from Louisville.
At the moment they still had Rod Coleman. All they need is a space eater to replace Grady Jackson so they took a flyer on Trey Lewis in the 6th. I think Anderson fills a much more glaring and immediate need.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#10 : May 03, 2007, 08:43:20 AM

While Coleman wasn't hurt Coleman is no spring chicken either. If Okoye is all that Petrino would know and he passed on him and that says something.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

PewterReportHM

Starter
#11 : May 03, 2007, 08:46:46 AM

Yes, it says DE was a much more pressing need for the Falcons.

quezilla

Hall of Famer
#12 : May 03, 2007, 08:53:17 AM

The fact that Marinelli had Adams at the top of his board is all I need to know. He's my man now!

Agreed.  Marinelli is the #1 DL mind in the game.  Besides, I feel there is more of a premium on DEs than DTs , and that was made clear by all of the franchising this past off-season.

That brings up an interesting point, Simeon is going to be hitting the FA market with several other big name DEs.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#13 : May 03, 2007, 09:02:47 AM

Yes, it says DE was a much more pressing need for the Falcons.

Really, they have Abraham and DE and Coleman at DT. So they have one guy at each spot. Need looks similar but ATL made their choice.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#14 : May 03, 2007, 09:22:33 AM

Really, they have Abraham and DE and Coleman at DT. So they have one guy at each spot. Need looks similar but ATL made their choice.
I would much more willingly go to battle with Abraham/Coleman/some guy/Anderson than Abraham/Coleman/Okoye/Chauncey Davis. I think they made the right move, regardless of what one thinks of Okoye. Plus they at least think Jonathan Babineaux has promise at Coleman's replacement.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 4th Pick was almost Okoye over Adams « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools