Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 4th Pick was almost Okoye over Adams « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#15 : May 03, 2007, 09:24:01 AM

Well expect Babineaux might be going to jail he might have some promise.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#16 : May 03, 2007, 09:34:47 AM

I know that the staff was very high on Okoye. In the end, I think production won out over potential. The bottom line is, however, that either player would have helped this team IMO.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#17 : May 03, 2007, 09:37:04 AM

There's that too. I pretty much just think he sucks but the team is still trying to spin the 2005 2nd round pick as having promise.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#18 : May 03, 2007, 09:41:50 AM

I know that the staff was very high on Okoye. In the end, I think production won out over potential. The bottom line is, however, that either player would have helped this team IMO.

I think that has to be the way you go with that high a pick. What HOU did at #10 was the right thing but at #4 you get a guy who know (as much as we know anything in the draft) is gonna be good.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

PewterReportHM

Starter
#19 : May 03, 2007, 09:53:01 AM

Yes, it says DE was a much more pressing need for the Falcons.

Really, they have Abraham and DE and Coleman at DT. So they have one guy at each spot. Need looks similar but ATL made their choice.

The Falcons lost Kerney and Abraham can't stay healthy.  They obviously felt DE was a greater need.  Reading anything else into their pick is a bit naive.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#20 : May 03, 2007, 10:15:25 AM

I think that has to be the way you go with that high a pick. What HOU did at #10 was the right thing but at #4 you get a guy who know (as much as we know anything in the draft) is gonna be good.
I think the Texans were about in the worst spot in the draft. They missed out on Peterson, both the offensive tackles, Landry, didn't need Quinn, didn't need Willis, it's arguable they could have looked at Revis, so they took Okoye to go with #1 overall Williams, former 1st rounders Travis Johnson and Jason Babin, and big money free agent Anthony Weaver.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

whobdis

Pro Bowler

#21 : May 03, 2007, 10:24:52 AM

I would think so. I know Okoye has potential..but I must have watched Lsville about 6 times this past year
(seems like they were on about 3 or 4 weeknight games). Okoye never stook out to me. And some of these
games weren't against top notch teams.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#22 : May 03, 2007, 12:43:53 PM

The Falcons lost Kerney and Abraham can't stay healthy. They obviously felt DE was a greater need. Reading anything else into their pick is a bit naive.

Exactly HM. They take Anderson simply because of the loss of Kerney and inability of Abraham to stay on the football field. Drafting a DT would make little sense for the Falcons...

Baghead #2

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#23 : May 03, 2007, 01:33:59 PM

Yea, I agree. But since the need we had to address more than anything defensively was pass rush, Adams makes more sense..

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#24 : May 03, 2007, 02:30:34 PM

I think the Texans were about in the worst spot in the draft. They missed out on Peterson, both the offensive tackles, Landry, didn't need Quinn, didn't need Willis, it's arguable they could have looked at Revis, so they took Okoye to go with #1 overall Williams, former 1st rounders Travis Johnson and Jason Babin, and big money free agent Anthony Weaver.

That spot was the wrong spot to be in the draft. They were on the outside looking in. You wonder if they knew Quinn would have been there if they'da sold the farm for Schaub like that.

Sluggo_Seam

Practice Squad

#25 : May 03, 2007, 02:39:33 PM

Adams was the ONLY logical choice for us at that point. JT was my first pick as most....

We'll hopefully see that when AO hits puberty and adds all that "man" weight and becomes Grady Jackson Jr.

#26 : May 03, 2007, 05:44:04 PM

Man John looks dishartened in this video. He was truely in love with CJ, no doubt about that.

I'm glad i'm not the only one that thought that.

#27 : May 03, 2007, 05:46:06 PM

Man John looks dishartened in this video. He was truely in love with CJ, no doubt about that.

You mean Jon or in love with CJ? Because you better not start stalking CJ, I hear his cousin runs one of the local PDs!

MBF

Hall of Famer

#28 : May 03, 2007, 05:47:05 PM

You mean Jon or in love with CJ? Because you better not start stalking CJ, I hear his cousin runs one of the local PDs!
BTW, about Calvin...they say he's 21, but he's really 28.

#29 : May 03, 2007, 06:02:37 PM

Nothing but speculation

I say he was completely in love with Joe Thomas. What makes you more right? Neither one of us have evidence
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 4th Pick was almost Okoye over Adams « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools