Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 4th Pick was almost Okoye over Adams « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Hit-55

Starter

#30 : May 03, 2007, 06:09:01 PM

I'm glad we got Adams. He seems like he is down to earth and really enjoys playing the game. He will be aleader on and off the field that you don't have to worry about doing something stupid. I think Okoye seems like a good guy too I think getting ready for life after Rice is more pressing. I think that Carter and Hovan can help sure up the middle but missing Rice's 13-14 sacks last year was the biggest reason for us dropping out of the top 10 IMO. Plus a year with Rice and Adams could prove to be a very deadly pass rush.

Fire the cannons!!!

#31 : May 03, 2007, 06:22:20 PM

idk i was also a big Okyoe fan but after your head coach passes on you in the draft and your starting DT is injured or whatever the case is in Atlanta with Rod Coleman and with little to no depth at the UT posistion it says something to me that mabye it was a good decsision to go with Adams

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#32 : May 03, 2007, 07:45:02 PM

im happy we got adams i think he is gonna be a star here but if we would of picked Okoye i would of been just as happy cause of the need and he would of been the anchor of this line for years. both players are gonna be really good in this league i believe.

Watchman

Starter

#33 : May 03, 2007, 08:11:04 PM

While Coleman wasn't hurt Coleman is no spring chicken either. If Okoye is all that Petrino would know and he passed on him and that says something.

It could say that McKay wasn't putting his draft in the hands of a rookie NFL head coach.

gone

Hall of Famer
#34 : May 03, 2007, 08:19:19 PM

Man John looks dishartened in this video. He was truely in love with CJ, no doubt about that.

I'm glad i'm not the only one that thought that.

I didn't read that at all.  I went back and watched it agin and still can't figure out what you guys think you saw...

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#35 : May 03, 2007, 08:41:37 PM

It could say that McKay wasn't putting his draft in the hands of a rookie NFL head coach.

According to Rich McKay, scouts scout and coaches coach.

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#36 : May 04, 2007, 01:17:28 AM

As far as Okoye goes -- suffice it to say I'm not so certain expecting a 19 year old kid to out-muscle grown men in the NFL is all that appealing a prospect.

Count me in favor of Adams over Okoye.

SHIVVER

Pro Bowler

#37 : May 04, 2007, 09:59:02 AM

Man John looks dishartened in this video. He was truely in love with CJ, no doubt about that.

Nothing but speculation

I say he was completely in love with Joe Thomas. What makes you more right? Neither one of us have evidence

He actually mentions CJ by name.  He said something like "If Calvin Johnson was there, things might have been different" ......  Jon didn't have his typical kid in the candy store JUICE after selecting Gaines!!!!

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#38 : May 04, 2007, 10:06:05 AM

The best tackle in the Louisville WVU game was made by the grass.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

#39 : May 04, 2007, 11:55:34 AM

You guys are reading into this too far. You really think Gruden would have looks of disappointment after making the pick, even if he was disappointed? He isn't a moody teenage girl, and Im sure he loves having Adams even if it wanst his first choice

fanofdabucs

Second String

#40 : May 04, 2007, 01:28:10 PM

I was one of Oyoke's biggest fans and thought he'd be a great pick, even at number 4 by the Bucs. Having said that, you can't argue with the Adams pick. The chance to get an edge rusher, who could be truly special is something the Bucs had to do. Rice and Spires are both at the end of the road and depth was a problem behind them.  Hopefully the Bucs can find their UT between Carter, Simms, Peterson, Wyms and Haye.

SHIVVER

Pro Bowler

#41 : May 04, 2007, 02:04:39 PM

You guys are reading into this too far. You really think Gruden would have looks of disappointment after making the pick, even if he was disappointed? He isn't a moody teenage girl, and Im sure he loves having Adams even if it wanst his first choice

LMAO.....  He might not be a teenage girl but yer boy can't hide his true emotions to save his life.   He was clearly disappointed in not getting CJ...  I'm sure he was happy to get Gaines, but would have rather been on the podium talking about Calvin.  He mentioned he liked LL too.

#42 : May 04, 2007, 04:21:53 PM

Funny, I didnt seem to see his disappointment in his press conference. There are plenty of others who also said they werent able to see it
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 4th Pick was almost Okoye over Adams « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools