Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Our defense will be fast and good « previous next »
Page: 1 2

4bucs

Hall of Famer
: May 03, 2007, 06:34:24 PM

We've added lots of speed thru fa and the draft we have  a good problem of who to start at lb from Brooks,Nece,Winborn,June,Rudd and now add in Black,Hayward and a long shot to make the team Olajubutu.....LOTS OF TALENT AND SPEED.
                                                                                                                             The new dee line has some history having 5 1st rd picks Rice who was rated #1
when drafted,Carter rated as #2,Hovan as #4,Sims as #2 and last but not least Adams as the# 1 rated dee lineman in the 1st rd....thats pretty good.....lot of talent.... not to forget 2 very speedy ends in Bennett and Chukwurah....Petersen,Wyms and Spires round out our line of which 2 will be cut imo.We have gotten very fast and much bigger on our DEE line and if we can have a good rotation at the tackle spots with Carter,Hovan  and Sims if our new dee line coach can turn his play around  ...we'll be all set on the dee line.

The dee backfield will have Barber and either Kelly or Buchanon at cb backed up by Cox,Davis and Jackson,  Zemaitis,Hamilton in the mix too.At safty we'll have a coached up Phillips and Allen with Nicholson and Piscitelli along with Jackson backing up.The new additions all have good ball skills and the 2 new corners are  real good tacklers and make plays on the ball ...Piscitelli has a lot of speed and is a big body back at safty and has good ball skills ...is all over the field .....all of them are exceptional on special teams.

With the new speed added  Monte will be cooking up some new blitz packages and formations and will take advantage of all those talented linebackers....we will be seeing a lot more of this mad scientists skills and the outcome will be lots of turnovers,interceptions and defensive touchdowns.The key will be the pressure on the qb with our revamped dee line that has gotten bigger and faster....our dee will be back big time and more exciting then ever imho of course.

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#1 : May 03, 2007, 07:05:12 PM

Wait we have Arkansas LB Sam Olajubutu?

wildbuc99

Rookie

#2 : May 03, 2007, 07:33:36 PM

Wait we have Arkansas LB Sam Olajubutu?

Yes Sir we do. We signed him as an undrafted FA. Dont know much about the guy, but have heard posters praise his ability on the football field. We have much needed LB depth for next season.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#3 : May 04, 2007, 06:25:46 AM

Good, our Defense in general just looked slow last year but we got some speed in a couple positions.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#4 : May 04, 2007, 02:00:08 AM

On paper it's improved but I'll wait until the live bullets fly before drawing an opinion.
I agree...but you can't help but be optimistic.  Or can you?  Going to be fun, I, for one, am stoked about the additions.  Big time pleased.  It shows growth from the Bucs Head Coach, who is prone to being a guy who ALWAYS does this or that...

Here is the thing----------I think the talent might be there (will need a DT drafted or a young FA in the next year or two), but the key will be how the coaching staff can bring it together rapidly.

The Bucs defense is based upon reading the offense and maintaining razor sharp gap discipline------it is not tricky, but you need to have the muscle memory always set to "quick twitch" to play it well.

Seems like lots of young guys will make the team, so lots of young guys will likely get snaps in games---------will they weather the unavoidable mistakes and learn quickly?

Will Monte mix up schemes and try to cover for some of the inexperience?

This will be one of the most fascinating stories to watch.  I can't remember a year when we will have had as much defensive turnover as this season.  We will likely have 2 new starting LBs, at least 1 new starter on the line, and perhaps 1 or 2 new starters at safety.............that's 3-5 new starters out of 11 and plenty of the back-ups will be new.

With 3 new position coaches (albeit Morris has been here before), let's just say Monte has one heck of a job in front of him.

HM
Good post.

dmajik85

Hall of Famer
#5 : May 03, 2007, 08:28:45 PM

I like that pickup... anyone know his story? Heard he was a smaller-yet-productive LB. Is he similar to Buster Davis?

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#6 : May 03, 2007, 08:29:36 PM

On paper it's improved but I'll wait until the live bullets fly before drawing an opinion.

PewterReportHM

Starter
#7 : May 03, 2007, 08:34:24 PM

Here is the thing----------I think the talent might be there (will need a DT drafted or a young FA in the next year or two), but the key will be how the coaching staff can bring it together rapidly.

The Bucs defense is based upon reading the offense and maintaining razor sharp gap discipline------it is not tricky, but you need to have the muscle memory always set to "quick twitch" to play it well.

Seems like lots of young guys will make the team, so lots of young guys will likely get snaps in games---------will they weather the unavoidable mistakes and learn quickly?

Will Monte mix up schemes and try to cover for some of the inexperience?

This will be one of the most fascinating stories to watch.  I can't remember a year when we will have had as much defensive turnover as this season.  We will likely have 2 new starting LBs, at least 1 new starter on the line, and perhaps 1 or 2 new starters at safety.............that's 3-5 new starters out of 11 and plenty of the back-ups will be new.

With 3 new position coaches (albeit Morris has been here before), let's just say Monte has one heck of a job in front of him.

HM

Buckaroo55

Second String

#8 : May 03, 2007, 08:35:28 PM

Hopefully our offense makes great strides because this is going to be a wicked & fast defense this season for sure!!

magicfan39126

Pro Bowler

#9 : May 03, 2007, 08:41:15 PM

Our 3 & passing down defense will be MUCH improved. Gaines + Sim on the edges, Cato being a fantastic coverage LB and Black possibly subbing in for Ruud in these situations. Plus Piscatelli blitzing.

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#10 : May 03, 2007, 08:41:52 PM

I heard he was a beast... at least he helped destroy my precious tigers...

dmajik85

Hall of Famer
#11 : May 03, 2007, 08:42:23 PM

Makes sense, Huge, but what's your assessment? Is the defensive coaching staff up to snuff? IMO they are. At a minimum you know Monte should be able to scheme something nasty with all that speed, and that especially holds true if the position coaches can get all they can out of the young ones. We all know about Morris, but I also like the Coyer acquisition.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#12 : May 03, 2007, 08:44:10 PM

our defense will imo return to the form we expect... but lets be honest, our offense will STILL blow. Our WR's outside of Galloway are just PURE GARBAGE.

magicfan39126

Pro Bowler

#13 : May 03, 2007, 08:47:20 PM

our defense will imo return to the form we expect... but lets be honest, our offense will STILL blow. Our WR's outside of Galloway are just PURE GARBAGE.

If our oline finally gels, our running game should be very solid. If our running game gets going, our receivers won't need to be very good.

gone

Hall of Famer
#14 : May 03, 2007, 08:58:54 PM

Offense will be much better this year.  I have no doubt of that.  And our recievers aren't garbage. 
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Our defense will be fast and good « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools