Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Our defense will be fast and good « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#15 : May 03, 2007, 10:41:39 PM

our defense will imo return to the form we expect... but lets be honest, our offense will STILL blow. Our WR's outside of Galloway are just PURE GARBAGE.

If our oline finally gels, our running game should be very solid. If our running game gets going, our receivers won't need to be very good.
6 men blocking 6 men... 8 in the box, thats 2 for caddy, an extra great receiver would put this offense where it should be

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#16 : May 03, 2007, 11:12:55 PM

Well for years people (likely Monte included) have been saying the front office and head coach have ignored the defense. That's not true anymore as they loaded up on the "groceries" this year in the draft. So I think Monte is in the same boat with Gruden now. Show us what you've got and show us you have the coaching ability to make this unit respectable again. Not asking for feared just yet, just keep the game close and give the offense a chance to win it. Or protect a lead at the end of games and get the other offense off the field on third down.
Don't get down by 10-17 points because this offense doesn't have the ability to catch up that much.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#17 : May 03, 2007, 11:36:23 PM

Offense will be much better this year. I have no doubt of that. And our recievers aren't garbage.

okay.... our oline needs to 'gel'...yet another year, so dont expect the line to come out the gates stellar. even if they do, then what, they can open up some holes for cadillac, but the defense is just gonna stack the line because nobody outside of galloway can get open. there are linebackers in this league that can cover Clayton he's so damn bad at gettin open. And who else? Hilliard? he's so great he can't beat out Clayton for a job. Then what? Stovall? The WR that's ALL HYPE  at this point?

Ya, no thanks, the wr's get a D grade right now.

gone

Hall of Famer
#18 : May 04, 2007, 01:06:56 AM

Offense will be much better this year. I have no doubt of that. And our recievers aren't garbage.

okay.... our oline needs to 'gel'...yet another year, so dont expect the line to come out the gates stellar. even if they do, then what, they can open up some holes for cadillac, but the defense is just gonna stack the line because nobody outside of galloway can get open. there are linebackers in this league that can cover Clayton he's so damn bad at gettin open. And who else? Hilliard? he's so great he can't beat out Clayton for a job. Then what? Stovall? The WR that's ALL HYPE  at this point?

Ya, no thanks, the wr's get a D grade right now.

Funny, I saw recievers open all year.  We just weren't hitting them.  QB play will dramatically improve a bottom-feeding offense.  And "gelling" is as much myth as substance.  Pettigout is a substantial upgrade over Davis.  We've gone from Slightly better than total crap at LT to maybe a bit above average.  And the right had a year to "gel" and grow.  No, this offense is going to be much better.

Of course when you were as bad as we were, that's an easy thing to achieve...

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#19 : May 04, 2007, 07:53:24 AM

I agree...but you can't help but be optimistic. Or can you?

I'm as positive and optimistic as they come but after the turd fest last year I'll reserve any expectations until I see first hand what the real deal is. Hell, I thought this team was going to make a big playoff run last year after watching them at TC only to sit through an awful season of toture.

Yes, I'm optimistic because of the additions in the coaching staff and the youth movement on defense but won't get too ahead of myself. At this point a .500 season would be great.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Our defense will be fast and good « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools